PDA

View Full Version : Pensions diagnosis

ge60705
21st Oct 2011, 16:55
hi everyone,
I have a question and hope someone can help.
Ive had a pension paying since 1999 for shin splints. numerous medicals I have attended kept confirming it was shin splints-although nothing has shown on MRI, bone scan, x-ray or ultrasound. the WPA just accepted it as shin splints and kept throwing money at me. (they bascially took my word but no evidence was ever found)

this week (after 6 or 7 medicals and 12 years of pensions) I found a doctor who confirmed it is in fact Chronic Compartment Syndrome that is causing the aggravation and pain, and the ONLY solution this far down the line is a fasciotomy- which will lead to scarring, but I have grabbed this chance with both hands to get rid of this injury, but am also fuming as the medicals arranged by the WPA have all missed this as the cause and Ive suffered 12 because of this.
12 years of little mobility apart from walking for a maximum 15-20 mins at a time as a result. I have taken thousands of co-codomols, votarols, etopan over the years because of my shin pain. my continued complaints to the WPA now fits in with CCS rather than their shin splints explanation.

Feel free to look up compartment syndrome.

I really want to wipe the floor with the WPA for their appointed doctors missing this and Ive been landed with 12 years of misery really, so what are my options? If i can sue them I will, or if I have other options I should be grateful to hear them if you know of any.

Thanks,
hoping someone can help

Gaz