PDA

View Full Version : Logbook

mrclumsy
19th Oct 2011, 23:11
Hey everyone, I realized the other day that I can't find my logbook no 1 anymore. I have searched high and low but can't find the bugger . I know I should have made an electronic copy but unfortunately I didnt . What's the step here? I know all my current hours based on my current logbook ..Any advice or suggestions on how I can fix or try to fix this problem would be great thanks

LexAir
20th Oct 2011, 00:29
Did your No.1 log book contain any ratings or type endorsements not contained on your licence? If so check with CASA they should have records of all your type endorsements and ratings.

As to the hours, one presumes you have carried forward your totals into the No.2 book. If you are required to substantiate any hours you can go back to your flying school/employer and check their records and/or you can make a statutory declaration concerning the loss of your log book.

mrclumsy
20th Oct 2011, 00:37
Lexair, thanks for the reply mate.. Yes I do have all the ratings endorsed on the license and I have carried foward the hours to the next. I am a bit worried when it comes down to my next interview and when they ask for my previous logbooks where I have to go yeah I was irresponsible enough to loose one of them now let me fly your aircraft :-p

LexAir
20th Oct 2011, 00:48
Don't sweat it. I have been an employer and heard all the reasons for not being able to aduce a log book; "my car/house was broken into"; "the dog ate it"; "my kid used it for a scribble pad". It is the sincerity of the individual that counts and of course, your flying skills!

As I stated if you are concerned make a Stat Dec.
Good luck.