PDA

View Full Version : YBBN Holding 17 Oct

Genisis Dreaming
17th Oct 2011, 23:42
Well....how about that holding last night....

Please someone assure me the airlines are noticing and keeping up the pressure on Airservices and BAC?!?!

Dogimed
17th Oct 2011, 23:44
You should have gone before you left...

Then you wouldn't have been holding

Geddit...

oh fine.. I'm going home.

Dog

KeepItRolling
18th Oct 2011, 00:40
In think you will find that the No CROPs at Night ruling came from the head shed, NOT the troops in BN Tower.

disturbedone
18th Oct 2011, 01:07
It's my understanding that the major airlines were asked to accept some safety responsibility for CROPS at night and CROPS RWY19/14 and they refused. So to complain now about the delays would seem a bit rich.

Duff Man
18th Oct 2011, 02:49
Sounds like a good argument for daylight saving time. Night falls after the evening peak.

Scamp Damp
18th Oct 2011, 04:49
Yes but the problem with daylight saving is that it will fade the paint quicker on the aircraft with the extra hour of daylight - that will offset the fuel savings with CROPS! :ugh:

chimbu warrior
18th Oct 2011, 06:28
Perhaps some of the "blame" should be attributed to the designers of the current Brisbane airport.

Remember that 14/32 was only an afterthought, due largely to the representations of the AFAP, who referred to years of historical data pointing out that the prevailing wind for much of the year was/is a south-easterly. As a result, 14/32 was an "add-on", and procedures had to be cobbled together to handle the simultaneous use of both runways.

I suspect that the positioning of the Gateway bridge and political sensitivity on the Redcliffe peninsula were also factors in the selection of the main runway alignment. A main runway of 12/30 alignment would have made much more sense.

Consequently controllers are left to deal with mistakes of the past, and try and make the system work.

The result of that is CROPS.

Had the original parallel runways been built, and in the correct direction, none of this would be occurring now.

megle2
18th Oct 2011, 08:56
Well at least the missing link in taxiway B is under way

Going Nowhere
19th Oct 2011, 03:04
Withdrawn... and appologies

I see the affects of the BN ****fight everyday, so understand the effort that goes in at the coalface into merging essentially 4 highways into a sidestreet :ugh: