PDA

View Full Version : Deenethorpe

peregrineh
17th Oct 2011, 12:58
All

Am heading to a meeting in Corby at the end of the month. I was planning on Deenethorpe but cant find too much information. Does anybody ahve any good info about this place (could I leave a plane there overnight safely for example) or other feilds nearby for me? I need about 800m minimum.

Any info would be gladly welcome,

Many thanks

RedsBluesGreens
17th Oct 2011, 13:08
Hi Peregrineh

It's 1200m, Asphalt, unlicensed.

Strictly PPR, 01780 450361.

You should contact Cottesmore Zone 130.200 first.

RH on 04, LH on 22, 1000' QFE. Don't land short on 04.

Hope that helps.

Have a safe trip!

S-Works
17th Oct 2011, 14:24
There is no longer any flying activity in Cottestmore zone and Deenethorpe is not in the MATZ. They will give you a service if you need one. The useable runway is about 700m marked by displaced thresholds.

There are no facilities at Deenethorpe and you will find the Microlight boys are very hostile to visitors as the airfield has a movement limited placed on it by the council. There is no security and no proper parking, you just park up on the starters of either runway with the preferance being the 04 threshold. There is no fuel either.

You also may struggle to get a taxi to come out and pick you up.

Spanhoe is 4 miles away from Deenethorpe and the same distance to Corby as Deenethorpe and has 650m and rudimentary facilities. It has secure barriers and with 30 odd aircraft there there are no issues with security. AVGAS is also available. You will probably be able to get a lift into Corby and no problem with a taxi as a rule.

Dave Bakers place, Bakersfield is at the end of the Deenethorpe runway. Grass and about 500+m. No facilities.

horatio_b
17th Oct 2011, 19:34
Back in 2006 one of the Air Atlantique DC6's parked up at Deenethorpe for a time, but there were issues about lack of security back then

DC-6C at Deenethorpe - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums (http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?t=61060)

peregrineh
18th Oct 2011, 14:35
many thanks to you all - I think that I might avoid this place now and use the alt as mentioned by g-bose......

good finish
18th Oct 2011, 22:10
Do also consider husbands bosworh gliding club
Grass but very long

S-Works
19th Oct 2011, 08:51
HusBos is miles away. A taxi to Corby will cost your left testicle and first born child. They also do not welcome power pilots unless visiting on club business.

Deenethorpe would be OK with an undertsanding of it's limitations. Spanhoe woyuld be the ideal choice as it has facilities.

Where in Corby are you going?