PDA

View Full Version : How long did you have to wait for?

DK08
17th Oct 2011, 10:33
Hi all :)

A quick review of my situation:
After 4 week of waiting for my ASIC and SPL application i finally got a big envelope in the mail, only to find my application in it with a piece of paper saying that it is incomplete. It turns out that i had not provided enough documents for my proof of identification. What makes me particularly "angry" is that before i sent the application off i had rang CASA and they had told me that the identification that i had provided would be fine and that i would not require anything else.

I understand that these things can take a while, but i just wanted to know if there was anyone else out there who had encountered a situation like this, or similar.
Also, after receiving my application a month ago is it normal for CASA to send back an uncompleted application after four weeks??? I personally would of thought i would of received it a bit earlier.

Thanks,
DK

kalavo
17th Oct 2011, 10:48
Have taken applications in to the CASA office, had everything checked by CASA staff, only to have it rejected (the staff at the office, aren't the ones processing the application, and obviously have the same hard time we do). Generally the CLARC office is very good at telling you exactly what's missing and what you need to do to get your application processed.

I had a license update application rejected after four weeks, fixed what was missing and had the license in my hand less than a week later.

The SPL should be easy to issue once they've confirmed your identity with the required documents. A security check is not required for an ASIC until you're 16, so likewise that should be issued very quickly as well.

Fix it, resubmit it, and you should have good news pretty quickly.

Lat3ralus
17th Oct 2011, 10:48
Welcome to the world aviation....

patience, patience and more patience is what you need

jas24zzk
17th Oct 2011, 10:55
it's a bit like the army... 'HURRY UP, only to wait'

I know one bloke who's asic expired before he actually recieved it.
(they expiry begins from the day the charge your credit card)

Hard to believe, but yes it happened.

Cheers
Jas

Trent 972
17th Oct 2011, 11:41
they expiry begins from the day the charge your credit card
Your ASIC questions answered (http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90103#id3285750686)

How long will my new ASIC be valid for?

The expiry dates for ASICs are based on the date of the criminal history record and is always the last day of the month. The date of expiry of an ASIC must not be longer than 2 years from the time the security checks are completed. This means that if your security check was completed on 11 May 2009, your ASIC would have an expiry date of 30 April 2011.
ASICs are issued following the background security check and assessment. In some cases the assessment process involves further investigations before the card can be issued. In this instance the validity period will be reduced depending on the outcome of the assessment of the application, and the eligibility period will usually be not more than one year.

Why is my ASIC not valid for a full two years?
An ASIC is normally issued with an expiry date which matches the end of the month previous to the date that the last security check was completed, plus two years.
Sorry Jas, I'm really not picking on you.

jas24zzk
17th Oct 2011, 12:08
You're fine Trent.

I only know how my mate was treated. It wasn't until they tried to charge his CC for the renewal that they caught up and got his **** sorted properly.

Just another case of the Beuracracy not getting its house in order....i.e my post was a warning to watch that they do get it right.

:cool:

kingRB
17th Oct 2011, 12:18
sorry for the thread drift, but what happened to this then?

The changes that came into effect today though include:

Change to the expiry date of a card. A card will now expire two years from the end of the month in which the security clearance was granted. For example if your clearance is granted on 15 Dec 2010. The card will expire on 31 Dec 2012. Under the old system it would have expired on 30 Nov 2012. Remember though, this only relates to the security clearance and does not take into account how long an issuing body takes to get your card printed and delivered to you.

uncopilot
17th Oct 2011, 19:32
sorry for the thread drift, but what happened to this then?

Quote:
The changes that came into effect today though include:

Change to the expiry date of a card. A card will now expire two years from the end of the month in which the security clearance was granted. For example if your clearance is granted on 15 Dec 2010. The card will expire on 31 Dec 2012. Under the old system it would have expired on 30 Nov 2012. Remember though, this only relates to the security clearance and does not take into account how long an issuing body takes to get your card printed and delivered to you.

I did my renewal last month and my new ASIC is valid until the end of September 2013. My previous ASIC expired at the end of September (2011). appears they have implemented this new expiry system.