PDA

View Full Version : IR ME THEN CPL With FLY EASA.

NAT12345
16th Oct 2011, 18:36
Hello,

I am a french PPL holder and am currently looking a school to pass IR ME then CPL.

I must say that like most of us, prices is important so I am looking for the best school I can afford.

I contacted, few school in the UK (I live in France), I found Cabair has the best prices but Fly EASA is the best.

But I have two questions :
1. Does fly EASA approved by CAA as a JAA fto for IR?
2. How is the school now? Is it a good formation? Can you find a job with a diploma from this school or does the school has a bad reputation in compagnies?

If you know fly EASA or passed some courses there, this would be great sharing your experience.:p

Gomrath
16th Oct 2011, 19:15
Does fly EASA approved by CAA as a JAA fto for IR?
I think you will find that a JAA IR has to be done within a European member country. This has been discussed previously in the forums.

Regarding specific Flight Schools- I would suggest you try the search function where you will find a number of topics that may be of help to you.

The same applies to Cabair if you search this forum as there is an ongoing thread currently on that company.

Warrior2
16th Oct 2011, 22:33
I think you will find that a JAA IR has to be done within a European member country. This has been discussed previously in the forums

Not Correct;

FlyEASA did have approval for the JAA MEIR course earlier this year. The training was done in the USA and testing was completed at their test centre in Leeds.

I completed a lot of my training at EASA, When Stephen Fisher was the Head of Training. I cant comment on it now as he is no longer with the school, So I dont think a comment I make now would accurately reflect the School at this moment in time.

Aircraft were in good shape, Maintenance was good & Instructors were excellent in my time.

Hope this helps!

Gomrath
16th Oct 2011, 22:48
The training was done in the USA and testing was completed at their test centre in Leeds.

Yes indeed. I agree with that.

Are you saying that the JAR IR skills test can itself now be undertaken in the US? If so, maybe the rules changed.

Warrior2
17th Oct 2011, 09:49
No, The initial IR test must be taken in Europe.

So, they complete most of the training in the USA and then the student must travel to the UK to "EASA UK" to sit the test.

You can, and always could do a MEIR Revalidation in the USA.

But, I do not think EASA has approval for this course anymore. They were the only school in the USA with this approval when I was there.

NAT12345
17th Oct 2011, 10:06
Thanks for your answer.

Fly Easa propose a primary FAA IR ME training in the US then a JAA conversion in the uk where you spend 2 weeks at leeds and then you go back to states to pass the JAA CPL overthere.

The thing is I didn't find any price so competitive and I am not sure I could afford to pay 6000€ or more to have the same licence but in another school:uhoh:.

How did the company react with your formation regarding the school? Do you know if Fly EASA has such a bad reputation in company?

In France, they don't even know cabair, they only Know Oxford for example... but they appreciate the fact that somoene did all program in english as here we are not that good to speak a foreign language....

Righto
17th Oct 2011, 14:24
EASA are currently advertising a number of commercial flight training courses, including a full Instructor Rating course.

I'm not too sure whether or not that school has the CAA approvals or the qualified senior instructors to undertake that particular course, as I understand that the instructor who held the approvals, left the company many months ago and now uses those personal approvals at another flight training establishment. I may be wrong but it's better to check.

My advice would be to ascertain, in writing, that EASA does hold the necessary approvals before entering into any contract to train.

Gomrath
17th Oct 2011, 16:24
EASA are currently advertising a number of commercial flight training courses, including a full Instructor Rating course.

I believe the OP is enquiring about a JAR Instrument Rating.

psmurali
21st May 2012, 19:51
Am planning to do my JAA PPL at fly easa (USA). Is this school is good? am in UK. I found this school to be cheaper to do JAA courses. If anyone know about this school please suggest me.