PDA

View Full Version : Pilots to be drug tested randomly?

Q80Pilot
17th Mar 2001, 01:30
Hi all,

I just heard the the JAA will start comming to the aircraft once the pax are off and test ALL the crew (cabin and deck) for alcohol and drugs! Is this true? I also heard that they are looking for it now in the new blood tests required by the JAA. My friend swears it's true but I don't think so, and now a few of us have a bet on the subject. Could anyone settle this one for us please?

Thanks

------------------
A wise man once said to me "Be alert! The world needs lerts."

ET
18th Mar 2001, 00:51
If this is true, I can see no reason for complaint. Crews who control the destiny of the passengers should never be in a position where they are concerned over random checks.

mallard
18th Mar 2001, 09:07
Quite right ET.
So could we now have a system where all passengers are guaranteed to be under 20mg.
It is a highly controversial subject but there is a strong case for alcohol free flights .
Save it for when you you get there.
But, on those rare occasions when you get an upgrade, don't they throw the champagne down your neck?
It's one of those double edged swords, we really don't want alcohol on board but yes we do.
Explain please.
I can really understand the problem with Prohibition in the USA.

Lucifer
18th Mar 2001, 17:41
Good: if I ever discovered one of the crew I was working with had been on drugs, then I may have a problemk restraining myself from knocking their lights out. Anybody out of the loop in any way whatsoever is doing their colleagues no favours at all, and could endanger their lives.

Lucifer
18th Mar 2001, 17:42
Good: if I ever discovered one of the crew I was working with was on drugs, then I may have a problem restraining myself from knocking their lights out. Anybody out of the loop in any way whatsoever is doing their colleagues no favours at all, and could endanger their lives.