PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Aviation Museum telling visitors QANTAS had a fatal crash 18 months ago

TKFS
15th Oct 2011, 02:42
Is this true? During the tour today at Pearl Harbor the guide said the local airline has been operating for over 80 years and told us that QANTAS is no longer the safest airline to fly with as they had a fatal crash 18 months ago. I started to question him about it and he became hazy on the details. Before I write a letter to the museum, is he right? :confused:

Signature
15th Oct 2011, 02:52
No. What would that guy know anyway?

mcgrath50
15th Oct 2011, 03:01
He obviously forgot a very important part of that sentence,

Qantas had a fatal share price crash 18 months ago.

And it's continuing it this day... :}

Unhinged
15th Oct 2011, 04:23
QANTAS is no longer the safest airline to fly with

Were they ever ?? Qantas has certainly had fatal crashes in the past, but all a long time ago. Mind you, if they keep up the industrial action they'll stay safely on the ground !!

There are lots of references out there, and different ways to pose and answer the question. Try these links to start with:
World's top 10 safest airlines named | Air Transport Rating Agency (http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/worlds-top-10-safest-airlines-named-20110830-1jj3k.html)
List of Qantas fatal accidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Qantas_fatal_accidents)

Xcel
15th Oct 2011, 07:37
No fatalities 18 months ago...

Nice list - came up previously. Have to question air France and jal being in there... Killed a lot of people!

Jabawocky
15th Oct 2011, 09:26
Surely mrs tkfs would know that.:ok:

Jamair
15th Oct 2011, 10:49
Looks like Mr & Mrs TKFS are getting paid too much........:E

morno
15th Oct 2011, 10:59
TKFS, do some work for once will you.

morno

Jabawocky
15th Oct 2011, 11:03
I heard he gets twice what you do Jamair :}

Must be that baby bonus..........I hear more holidays :E....lost of baby pilots in that house.:ok:

We should all catch up for a steak with the TKFS's.....I am sure we can find a designated driver between us ;)