PDA

View Full Version : Planning tool - EMS Base info

15th Oct 2011, 01:23
I have a tool which is under development to assist with EMS scene/facility planning. It also provides hazard map info with the ability to digitally manage LZ's and hazard map info for broader use by pilots. There are differing aspects to the tool, with a part being a web based tool with smart phone access and a sms text phone based tool for determining closest provider to a given location with time, distance, bearing etc based on real time weather and aircraft type.

I have an extensive list of US air ambulance providers and US level 1/2/3 trauma centers and wish to add international EMS providers to the database. The tool might still be useful to Int'l users for things like fuel stores, remote ops etc etc although we don't have access to the same level of digital weather info, Notams etc that the FAA provides. This is a beta tool which will hopefully provide useful info for pilots not only in EMS but others as well.

If you are interested in contributing your base info to the project, please submit your base name, base aircraft type for planning and lat/long coordinates of your base. You can PM the details and I will in turn add your base and provide a link for you to review the tool which is completely free to access.

This tool is a project which may be beneficial to all pilots and first responders as a information/planning tool and will be further developed with user input which will be welcome.

Comments welcome.

Just noted another thread here (http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/291166-helipads-hotels-others-requests-recommendations-rip-offs-21.html) which is trying to keep track of hotels and LZs in the UK. It will work for this as well as demonstrated.

kennethr
18th Oct 2011, 18:02
Sounds like excellent Tool , Good luck G

Regards

Ken