PDA

View Full Version : Ovflt permits

rennycichella
14th Oct 2011, 23:24
I have a question that popped into my mind a couple of days ago. Whenever you request an ovflt permit is it requested to overfly an FIR or the actual country boundary. I ask this because if you take the example of the Nigerian FIR (cant remember the icao code now) it covers Benin and Togo. So when performing a flt from Nigeria say to Ivory Coast, do you need the Nigerian permit alone or the actual overflight permits of Benin and Togo. Ive been working in Flight Planning for some time now but for some reason cant figure this out now. :ugh:

merlinxx
15th Oct 2011, 06:44
Individual Territorial Landmass & Waters not FIR. Into an FIR over International waters is FPL notification only unless otherwise promulgated

rennycichella
15th Oct 2011, 08:17
Thanks for the clarification!

NSIANU
15th Oct 2011, 12:11
Indeed, you need actual Overflight Permit of Benin,Togo and Ghana when you perform this flight. So, you can join Africa Open Sky as a good flight support speciallized in African countries providing O/F and LND permits, handlings services & fuel everywhere in Africa. As AOS is based in DIAP they can assist you at low cost too.

merlinxx
15th Oct 2011, 15:47
Self promotion is not a good thing when some is asking for unbiased information:ugh::=

VIKING9
17th Oct 2011, 08:10
or indeed if airspace is delegated to another country then permission is sometimes required to overfly, land or water :ok:

Bergkamp10
27th Oct 2011, 12:41
Dear All,

Been working routings for many years from Asia to and from Europe. We'll scheduled carrier and India DGCA are requesting permissions now for routing along some airways outside there 12NM. I reviewed some data available on AIS AGORA, EuroControl and AIP. I would like to know whether this is perhaps a 'local issue' in order to protect their local marketplace? We already have all our Traffic rights for India @ W11 season and also most for S12 season as well!!

I would be extremely grateful for any particular views on this issue?

Heel erg bedankt Bergkamp10

PS' Most regns are; G-REG, D-REG-, OO-REG.

desertopsguy
2nd Nov 2011, 01:12
When flying in or near Africa......

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR BOGUS INVOICES FROM ASECNA!!!

The company I work for doesn't fly anywhere near Africa and we regularly get tested with this scam.

You will get hit with this...I guarantee it!!! Scutinise every single invoice and keep accurate records of dates, flight times, flight plans etc. Then when the invoice comes, call the agency directly on their official tel no to verify the invoice number.

If no invoice number then ignore it!

Do not let any handling agent or trip support company collect charges on behalf of ASECNA because you wont know if they actually paid them or not.

DOG

VIKING9
2nd Nov 2011, 07:19
Any decent trip support company would know if the flight flew over that region anyway. Mind you, some just pay them and then expect the operator to pay up also and all without checking.

Lets face it, an invoice from ASECNA and a Yahoo or Hotmail email address spells trouble in the first place !

Bergkamp10
17th Nov 2011, 13:17
Hi all Europe PP

We have just done completed some oil charter flights from RTM/EIH down to Lagos and Pt. Hardcout.

We had all our PMT's granted directly from DGCA other then Algeria. Someone on PPrune I think possibly mentioned that hadid(?? not sure what this is) had some rights over Niger airspace?

Is this anyway reverant to FPL'S ? What is this exactly? Does this actually mean something to watch?

Thanks & Met vriendelijke groeten

stukapt
8th Jan 2012, 20:15
Dear All,

Can you please help me finding the documents stating that an operator don't need overflight permit when flying outside territorial landmass or territorial waters?

Tks for your cooperation :)

VIKING9
9th Jan 2012, 06:33
Which country ?

First place to visit is the relevant AIP.

aviation24x7
9th Jan 2012, 19:45
You will need permit for all individual countries as long as you are over flying them, within their FIR boundaries.

stukapt
12th Jan 2012, 03:27
Tks for your reply :) , anyone have CAA contacts from Somalia?!

Brgds

VIKING9
12th Jan 2012, 08:06
Somali Civil Aviation & Meteorology Authority:
Tel: 5-960123, Mob: 5-984810, -929070, -930002,
AFS: HCMMYAYX HCMMYAYX HCMMYNYX
e-mail: [email protected].