PDA

View Full Version : 407s being operated in China

chopdiz
28th Aug 2009, 05:05
Hi Folks, Am currently based in Changping, Dongguan, China in a non flying role. As of recently I've have seen a 407 picking up/dropping off pax on the roof of downtown hotel and today a white 206 doing low level photo ops. Have been in China 5 yrs and hardly ever see any helo traffic but seems to be on the increase, finally. Does any one know where the above 2 Bells are based and name of company? Thanks to the Bells the ole flying bug seems to be resurfacing. :ok: Cheers

Chris P Bacon
28th Aug 2009, 11:40
Try Zhuhai Helicopters based in Guangdong Province.

capt76
29th Aug 2009, 20:26
The boss from one of the 5 star hotels in Dongguan owns one 407 and one 206. You can see the photos:
»ã»ª¹ú¼Ê·¹µê (http://www.huihuahotel.com.cn/english/lxwm.htm)

???????????????????????_????_MSN?? (http://msn.myspace.cn/t/4449546.html)

chopdiz
31st Aug 2009, 03:45
Thank you both for your replies. Yes that is the 407 i sometimes see. I wonder if they need an expat with plenty of time on both types? As most days here would resemble flying in NSW bush fires maybe i'll give it a miss.

Saint Jack
31st Aug 2009, 06:17
It's definitely not Zhuhai Helicopters operating the 206/407, this company - also known as China Southern Helicopter Company as it's a division of China Southern Airlines - is an all-Sikorsky operator with a mix of S76 models and an S92 scheduled for delivery later this year or early next year.

spk001
14th Oct 2011, 19:00
Anyone know of any operators in China using 407s
Your help is appreciated
Spk

helihub
15th Oct 2011, 05:23
Quick bit of research finds only one 407 there as far as I can tell, serial 53838 with a corporate operator. Registration is B-7726 if that helps

snotcicles
19th Oct 2011, 03:02
I've flown B-7726. Its a private machine. By early November there will be a commercial 407 in the Guangzhou area. Sorry but I don't know how to spell the name of the operator in English...or any other language. I'll be on it in a couple weeks. I think there are two more that have just arrived in the Bejing area in the last couple months as well.

Unhinged
19th Oct 2011, 06:56
I'll be in Guangzhou in early November, but will only have one spare day this trip to do any hunting. Have already asked my contacts to find me something interesting helicopter to do for the spare day. Looks like there's a helicopter school, and will see what else is around

spk001
2nd Nov 2011, 22:06
Someone out there with the info regarding work in China,
The details I have are sketchy but I know of a Canadian currently working in China If someone out there has info regarding this please PM me
Im looking for some details

regards

spk

Saint Jack
3rd Nov 2011, 05:15
There were a number of expatriate helicopter pilots working for Bristow and COHC in China a little while ago, but now I believe there is only one remaining with COHC. Britow pulled out of China some time ago. CSHC at Zhuhai is expanding fast and although they don't have expatriate pilots at the moment I understand the door is not shut completely for them - particularly those with S92 C&T experience.

The Bell 429 is selling well in China as a private helicopter (supplementing the existing 206L4's and 407's) but I'm not not sure if this presents an opportunity for expatriates - can anybody confirm/deny.