PDA

View Full Version : BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

tigger2k8
14th Oct 2011, 09:07
Feel free to edit the title of the thread.. can't think of any other way to name it without using international.. (why remove this?)

Emergency training on Sunday
Belfast International Airport holds Emergency Training Exercise - Belfast International Airport (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/4/90/belfast-international-airport-holds-emergency-training-exercise.html)

easyJet is committed to BFS-LPL, looking at increasing flights due to BE suspending BHD-LPL
easyJet committed to Liverpool flights - Belfast International Airport (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/4/89/easyjet-committed-to-liverpool-flights.html)

edit - in reply to BHD2BFS

There is currently 1 EMB120 in BFS which might be Fedex, belongs to swiftair, but the original rumors were that it would be ATR42/72s operated by swiftair.. although no official announcement has been made yet and with the story the Belfast Telegraph has online ( Cause for celebration as parcel firm wings in - Editor Viewpoint, Opinion - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/opinion/editor-viewpoint/cause-for-celebration-as-parcel-firm-wings-in-16062749.html) ) you'd like to think its more than an EMB120 otherwise its the most over-hyped story this year.. but then again the EMB120 could be for something else..

larry the man
14th Oct 2011, 10:13
Why were the BFS and BHD threads terminated and restarted?

ILS25
14th Oct 2011, 11:23
And why the need to remove International ? It's the official name of the place for goodness sake.

eastern wiseguy
15th Oct 2011, 22:50
I have asked the Mods...it is a simple case of making the title fit better. Nothing sinister just practical for the board layout.

I shall once again retire from this board.

clareview
16th Oct 2011, 17:28
Any news of any new routes from Belfast International next summer?

BFS101
17th Oct 2011, 15:14
CAA provisional stats for Sept have been published.
Terminal passengers are +4.1% compared to September 10, and rolling year -0.2%.

Compare this to LDY, +16.8% for September and +17.4% rolling.
BHD -20.2% for September and -14.2% rolling year.

Hopefully with MAN starting soon, this will help improve the figures some more.

tigger2k8
17th Oct 2011, 17:43
Terminal passengers are +4.1% compared to September 10, and rolling year -0.2%.

With MAN starting, LTN running this winter which didn't last year, increases in AMS and GVA and various other domestics, hopefully we will see positive figures for the rest of the year

OltonPete
17th Oct 2011, 18:31
Source: CAA

Belfast Int - Heathrow September 2011 27572 +3% the only domestic route
out of LHR to show an increase. BHD-LHR was down 21% to 31629.

Aer Lingus seem to be getting the numbers.

Pete

Facelookbovvered
17th Oct 2011, 19:37
Pete

It's what happens when you put the ERJ on a route sadly.

BFS101
18th Oct 2011, 09:27
Even with the LHR numbers looking very positive, EI are reducing their Heathrow flights next summer, down to three daily from four this year. Has yield been suffering to get the bums on seats???

This 25% reduction is bound to have an effect on passenger numbers next year on the route!

NWSRG
18th Oct 2011, 17:23
I shall once again retire from this board.

Eastern,

Please stick around! This forum needs a few experienced aviation folk to comment on the interesting stuff that does happen from time to time...not just the statistics and guesses about what routes may or may not come to us...

Don't go!

BFS101
19th Oct 2011, 09:48
Flight Tax is still a threat...

Flight tax is still a threat to air routes says Sammy Wilson - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/flight-tax-is-still-a-threat-to-air-routes-says-sammy-wilson-16065848.html)

Sammy Wilson said he had spoken to airline chiefs yesterday who “made it clear that they are considering pulling a number of European and UK flights out of Northern Ireland as the impact of this tax bites into profits and sales of seats”.

The prospect of new routes would seem pretty low if airlines are considering pulling what they have already in place.

Should domestic be pulled, I wonder what are the weakest routes?? EI have confirmed an LHR reduction for next year, there also seems to be a lot of speculation regarding LS LBA route and would seem BFS have lost TLS. BE have already announced the termination of LPL, DSA and MSE also.

j636
19th Oct 2011, 09:52
Wondered how long it would take other airlines to start about the tax.

AIRPORT66
19th Oct 2011, 14:08
Looks like the airlines are going to start holding a gun to are heads get rid of the tax or we are off.Think also the issue needs to be addressed once and for all.

BFS101
19th Oct 2011, 15:24
Even with the tax, I doubt an airline would walk away from a profitable route. It was well known that CO was making a loss on the EWR, and that particular route was seen as a vital trading link.

However I doubt that EZY or others could really use the same reasoning regarding domestics. Some niche routes may suffer, as shown by BE with DSA, MSE; but can't really see any vast withdrawl from either Belfast airport.

INKJET
19th Oct 2011, 16:20
Well nearly 10 months in to WW switch to the city and despite all the negative comments on here about it won't last, huge mistake and all, it seems to be working just fine, STN is a solid route now with good volume and yield. Just a few weeks from the start of AMS and more importantly the early EMA rotation which might see BE follow it's LPL move.

So all in all baby is at the city to stay

BFS101
19th Oct 2011, 16:57
So all in all baby is at the city to stay
So long as Baby is here to stay!!

INKJET
19th Oct 2011, 18:51
There's life in baby going forward, but not as we know it Jim!:p

EI-BUD
19th Oct 2011, 21:49
Well nearly 10 months in to WW switch to the city and despite all the negative comments on here about it won't last, huge mistake and all, it seems to be working just fine

INKJET; I admire your positive words and I wish WW well, but to my mind they are ditching CWL and MAN, so clearly they were not 'working well'. The excuse WW give about closing the man base is a non starter, as if MANBHD was viable, they would be serving the route with BHD 737s. Instead a route like AMS is being launched to compete with EZY and lets not forget when Aer Lingus did BFS AMS opposite EZY it didnt last and the winter will in my view be very lean.

EI-BUD

BHD2BFS
22nd Oct 2011, 01:04
new airline on its way to belfast in the next few months

tigger2k8
22nd Oct 2011, 11:37
new airline on its way to belfast in the next few months

One question, prop or jet aircraft?

BHD2BFS
22nd Oct 2011, 15:12
from what i understand it is turboprop and talks have been ongoing for the last 6-12 months

Jamie2k9
22nd Oct 2011, 15:17
So its EI regional/RE?

BHD2BFS
22nd Oct 2011, 15:27
that is what i have heard

AIRPORT66
22nd Oct 2011, 15:33
An airline was in BFS over week ago they were looking and talking about the vacant checkin desks next to Easyjet.

BHD2BFS
22nd Oct 2011, 16:37
negotiations must almost be finished now, if check-in desks are being considered :)

NorthernCounties
22nd Oct 2011, 17:19
One route must be BHX, any guesses what the others will be...

planenut321
22nd Oct 2011, 17:27
It was rumoured a while ago that CWL-BHD/BFS was being looked at as a EI Regional route.

BHD2BFS
22nd Oct 2011, 17:54
my source seems to think the routes will be more french and short european routes rather than regional

cuthere
22nd Oct 2011, 18:06
In a turboprop......nice!

BHD2BFS
27th Oct 2011, 14:42
I see are lingus have dropped Rome and jet2 have dropped Leeds, I think Leeds is gone for good, but will easy or jet2 not pick up Rome

delta154
27th Oct 2011, 15:09
jet2 have dropped Leeds

When is this from? I am able to book twice daily flights on their website all summer 2012? Prices from £18.99.

Chitty
27th Oct 2011, 15:15
it seems that jet have put belfast to leeds on sale for summer for 2012 but thays going to drop the route in march

jonnyc
27th Oct 2011, 15:38
Would be nice to see some EI Regional ATRs in BFS. Would be something different.

BFS101
27th Oct 2011, 15:44
Seems strange that after a long period when Leeds flights were not on-sale (leading to speculation that LS were to pull the route), they then put it on-sale only to withdraw after March 2012. Has this withdrawl been officially confirmed???

Regarding Rome, I doubt anyone else will pick up this route. Easyjet operated to Ciampio in the past from BFS and was pulled. LS also seem to be pulling underperforming routes from Belfast, with TLS now gone (possibly LBA). Pisa also operates a very limited summer season, so certainly couldn't see a full schedule to Rome.

AIRPORT66
27th Oct 2011, 15:59
Find that very strange at AerLingus dropping Rome it was doing very well this summer.Is AerLingus the airline that met with Sammy Wilson last week complaining about the Apd stating they were considering pulling routes off because of it.If thats the case they didn't waste no time in starting there cull.No1 question is what they gonna replace it with or just extra flights to usual crap thats being offerd out of Belfast these days.

BFS101
27th Oct 2011, 16:35
Aer Lingus currently have all three aircraft utilised for summer 2012, even with Rome culled, so don't expect any new destinations.

One aircraft would appear to do the thrice daily LHR. With 2.5 hours sitting on the ground at BFS between morning flights!!

One aircraft will operate either ALC (Tues, Thurs, Sat) or BCN (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun) in the morning and then to the Canaries, LPA (Mon, Fri), TFS (Wed, Sun) or ACE (Tues, Thurs, Sat).

The third aircraft will operate daily AGP in the morning, followed by a daily FAO, returning late evening.

mutleyshriek
27th Oct 2011, 19:14
Jet2 have always left BFS to LBA as the last to go on sale every year,I never doubted that it would end,just finalising the schedule.EIN also only sold FCO up to Feb 2012.However EZY Manchester bookings are well above expectation.My source tells me that up to three little Green Birds are to be based at BFS shortly,and only 12.5 percent of baby bookings at BHD are sold,including the STN route.Seems like WW will stay put until the Franz says No.....

BFS101
27th Oct 2011, 22:14
My source tells me that up to three little Green Birds are to be based at BFS shortlyTake it that refers to EI Regional?? Any rumours on routes??

Excellent news about EZY Manchester!! Has the popularity of MAN affected future LPL sales??

EI-BUD
28th Oct 2011, 09:09
Take it that refers to EI Regional?? Any rumours on routes??

BFS101
I have a feeling this may refer to Airbus 319s instead of ATR!! We will have to wait and see. I think 2 of the 3 being taken on from Iberia in Madrid have already arrive in Dublin but will not go into service until January.

I am not sure that even Aer Arann in the guise of Aer Lingus Regional would put 3 aircraft in, even if they took on say BHX, CWL and LBA (assuming Jet2 pull this route) couldnt see there being need for 3! 1 would be a great step forward.

I would love to see Aer Lingus regional doing BHX with one based unit and fitting in another route during the day say CWL...
EI-BUD

BFS101
28th Oct 2011, 11:02
My thoughts exactly EI-BUD, would be surprised if EI Regional was to suddenly base 3 units at Aldergrove. Maybe start with one and take it from there!! Guess the original quote was up to three.

Should the A319 make BFS routes more sustainable then their introduction would be very welcome. However I would have thought that Dublin may have been given priority with the A319's, perhaps opening thinner routes from there.

EI-BUD
28th Oct 2011, 15:09
BFS101, would agree on the Dublin thinner routes comment, I was kind of thinking that 319 may open a new London gateway for EI that FR cant touch, i.e. Southend. That's assuming that EI would fly there.

The Aer Lingus Regional stuff has been knocking about for ages, I wonder is there any truth in it whatsoever, ie. that discussions took place?

Jamie2k9
28th Oct 2011, 23:12
The base will not be all A319 next. There will need to be at least 1 A320 to operate LPA, ACE and TFS.

EI-BUD
29th Oct 2011, 22:33
Jamie2k9; do you know when the 3rd A320 of the EI fleet at BFS will be leaving for the winter, I assume tomorrow, and is it positioning to Dublin or is it staying here parked for winter???

Thanks
EI-BUD

tigger2k8
29th Oct 2011, 23:48
Jamie2k9; do you know when the 3rd A320 of the EI fleet at BFS will be leaving for the winter, I assume tomorrow, and is it positioning to Dublin or is it staying here parked for winter???

Thanks
EI-BUD

It will position out, more than likely to DUB as you have said.

EI-BUD
30th Oct 2011, 16:25
One of the final Easyjet Boeing 737's has just arrived at BFS from Luton. I believe that they are due to end service this weekend. Was a nice sight to see.

EI-BUD

BHD2BFS
31st Oct 2011, 17:45
1st day of the new Manchester route, anyone know what the load factors where like, also is there any more news about the 3 new routes easyjet are expected to announce, I know it was mentioned a few times on the old BFS forum

EZYMAN999
1st Nov 2011, 17:09
hi,
Any more information on the aer lingus Regional move to belfast international and on the three new easyjet routes. :)

The Easyjet 737 was back in doing the GATWICK route. :)

tigger2k8
1st Nov 2011, 18:25
First BFS-MAN went out yesterday with 154 booked, the later turnaround was quieter. Havnt heard anything more than what is already posted on here about EI Regional.

The 737 was doing the LTN flight, not LGW.

EI-BUD
1st Nov 2011, 20:56
First BFS-MAN went out yesterday with 154 booked,

Sounds like we are off to a good start, tomorrow morning is almost full! Lets hope that MAN is a success and as a result Easyjet add BHX.
We've been waiting on Aer Lingus Regional for so long and the rumours have came up a few times with nothing happening...

Aaron9890
3rd Nov 2011, 16:03
Found the new thread at last!

So Aer Lingus Regonial coming to BFS??
They might do Heathrow in a turboprop if the numbers are dropping??

Also last time i was on here there was a lot of talk about EZY doing 3 new routes. Think they where TFS,PRG and ATH.

Nothing new on them??

EI-BUD
3rd Nov 2011, 20:35
They might do Heathrow in a turboprop if the numbers are dropping??

Aaron9890; AerLingus LHR numbers are very respectable at the moment and they have a very fair share of the LHR Belfast market. Besides even if they were not RE wouldnt be flying to LHR!!
The reduction in frequency next summer will be a move to boost yield. Skies ahead very blue for AerLingus on BFS LHR as whatever happens to bmi in my view, will have huge implications for BHD LHR route. If BA takes over as seems to be the overwhelming rumour, BHD LHR wont be a top priority, what with EI feeding LHR transit passengers, why would BA want to join a marginal route for point to point passengers?

If BA did maintain Belfast LHR, dont believe it would stay at BHD but move to BFS, and not at more than x3 daily!!

EI-BUD

EZYMAN999
3rd Nov 2011, 22:41
Any updates on Aer lingus Regional starting or Eazyjet adding the 3 routes.

BHD2BFS
4th Nov 2011, 09:24
Well it is official that IAG has bought BMI it my eyes that means we will see BA back at bfs soon, from all of the rumours the only regional route that was worth keeping was Belfast, and although I think the city is a great airport I can't see BA fly from their with there code share partner at the intl, although It won't be as many flights as BMI I think they will work with aer lingus
It my eyes the sale of the whole of BMI, Belfast will be one of the moat effected regions especially with baby

EI-BUD
4th Nov 2011, 10:55
BHD2BFS;

I think the developments can only be very positive for BFS! Not entirely sure that BA would have long term interest in the place. The interlining passengers are fed from EI into LHR and in terms of point to point, I cant see them being interested given the level of competition, as before 10 years ago when they pulled out. Maybe EI will step up the BFS LHR route to 5 a day, supported by some slots leased from BA?

BA will be far more interested in long haul routes for which the slots are alot more valuable. If EI were not here that would be an entirely different matter!!

EI-BUD

BFS101
4th Nov 2011, 11:02
BA had stated in the recent past that it did want to return to Northern Ireland, I think in the context of LHR getting the third runway. With this in mind, and the alleged profitability of the current BD Belfast route, I think there's a real possibility we could see BA back in Belfast.

However, currently we have up to nine LHR flights per day I think??? EI - 3 and BD - 6?? So I could see BA wanting to keep the current bmi traffic. They could do this buy hoping all current bmi customers stay with the route, plus pulling the BA codeshare from the EI BFS flights, making up for any shortfall that may happen. Therefore a 3 flights a day operation would in my mind be a little thin.

When bmi operated to both Belfast airports, yields and demand appeared much stronger at BHD, and with less competition on the London routes from BHD, the airbridge and direct business lounge access, I'd bet my money that BA would stay at the City.

elle may clampit
4th Nov 2011, 11:03
So, as of this morning, is the baby an orphan or not?? :hmm:

EI-BUD
4th Nov 2011, 13:30
plus pulling the BA codeshare from the EI BFS flights,

BFS101, Im not sure BA would do this given the level of feed that EI give to BA long haul network at LHR from Cork, Shannon & Dublin. WW has spoken on the value of this in the past, I just cant see BA pulling the codeshare, if BA did come to the market they certainly would be co-operating.

EI-BUD

INKJET
4th Nov 2011, 13:34
Its up for adoption is more accurate, but thats no change.

BFS101
4th Nov 2011, 14:14
EI-BUD, didn't factor in the consequences of the EI / BA relationship in the ROI. Obviously this is all totally hypothetical as the sale has yet to be finalised and signed.

IMO, BA should they want to serve the NI market to the extent, or close to the extent, that bmi was (assuming BHD was profit making), would they fly their own metal into BHD whilst still codesharing on EI to BFS?? Would it be strange for EI to operate their own metal from BFS and codeshare on BA flights from BHD???

To be fair, Northern Ireland probably is fairly low down on the IAG / BA agenda, but having adequate LHR access, connecting capabilities, and to supply point to point demand, surely is a must for Northern Ireland and our economy. Reducing from a Star Alliance carrier offering 6 flights a day, to a sole EI operation from BFS, with only a BA codeshare, even at 4 or 5 flights a day, I think would be a disaster!! Also for the higher yielding traffic would BHD not be the preferred choice, with business lounge, dedicated airbridge, proximity etc.

EI-BUD
4th Nov 2011, 14:59
BFS101, you make some fair points and it certainly would be possible to have EI continue feeding pax from BFS to LHR hub. I suppose that was my point, I dont see the interlining agreement being pulled.

I think BA would return to BFS though the city airport will have to make sure for its own long term that the LHR route stays in tact. I am not confident that BA will have long term interest here.

Ps - I dont work for EI despite my profile name!

Belboy
4th Nov 2011, 15:23
I've long heard the line that the city attracts higher yielding traffic than Aldergrove but where is the evidence of this? Is there not alot more busines traffic, if indeed that is higher yield these days, at BFS.

DannyKelly22
4th Nov 2011, 16:20
for anyone interested, Justin Bieber and a few other stars are arriving on tomorrow mornings continental flight into BFS.

BFS101
4th Nov 2011, 17:30
Belboy. When BD operated from both BFS and BHD into Heathrow, they publically stated that the demand and yield was much greater into BHD. Perhaps because they were a legacy carrier, more business focused, had more interlining traffic??; but that was the reason given when they then pulled out of BFS completely.

Its obvious that business people will pay for convenience, and business fares are higher yield, LCY fares being generally higher for example. And many business people flying to and from Belfast will find BHD more convenient. Now that was maybe about ten years ago, so have things maybe changed since then, I don't know, but would imagine business travellers from the mainland, if all things were equal, would prefer to fly into BHD, especially in their final destination was in the city.

EI-BUD
4th Nov 2011, 20:52
I'm not convinced that yield is better at city airport, nor do I believe it is hugely more attractive for the passenger as an airport, granted i like flying from there myself.
Re yield, I point to 2 examples.
1. In the 1990s when Bmi and BA served BFS LHR Bmi group put Manx Airlines on 4 daily BHD LHR. It was said to have done well though when ORY opened up Bmi took the 4 daily slots back from Manx in order to fly LHR ORY. If BHD was better at that time why didn't they split the schedule between the 2 BFS airports? Or move completely? I realise they did both of these actions later on but granted when BA pulled out. I believe the deal from BHD was and is so attractive that bmi stayed, not necessarily about yield.

2. Easyjet would have kept Luton at BHD if the yield was better.

NWSRG
4th Nov 2011, 22:10
If IAG are buying BMI for their slots at LHR, they will want to use those slots for high yield international routes. I can't see them rushing to replace the BD flights to LHR. So will EI pick up the slack? Well, can they get the extra slots? We know they swapped slots from Cork to Aldergrove when they came here, so they can't have many to play with. Possibly, we'll see BA extend the codeshare with EI, and selling EI a few slot pairs at LHR? EI can go to 6 or 7 a day, and BA get their codeshare cut and the onward traffic?

CaptJ
5th Nov 2011, 14:13
There are a few points to bear in mind when musing over the likely effects on our LHR links.

1. BA left BFS because they needed the slots for their migration of longhaul from Gatwick to Heathrow. Their stated reasons were just a smokescreen. It wasn't about profitability as such though I understand they did have an issue as to how revenue was divided up for connecting flights.

2. There are undoubtedly high fares to be earned at peak business times out of BHD. HOWEVER, when booking ahead I almost always get better fares on bmi, than on IE from BFS.

3. Business passengers follow the schedule, IE does not have enough flights to be business friendly.

4. Everyone was surprised when IE cut back next summers schedule. This has been interpreted as due to weak demand. I have seen no real evidence of weak demand. The flights are fairly full and getting decent fares. IMHO it is much more likely that IE were aware in advance of the negotiations between LH and IAG and have decided to play safe.

5. IAG are almost certainly still interested in buying IE, subject to the pensions liability being resolved. Given that absolutely no buyer will be interested whilst there is a pension liability, IAG is frontrunner for evental ownership of IE.

6. BA do not have enough capacity at T5. This is a real problem as minimum connecting times from T1 to T5 are too high. (T5 to T1 is much quicker).

7. Finally. Things have changed a lot in 10 years. The past is not much of a guide to the future. BA has drastically cut their operating costs and IE run a very effcient base at BFS.

There are a lot of scenarios that could play out.

- IE could pick up some extra slots and operate a full schedule from BFS.
- IE and BA could set up a joint full business friendly schedule from BFS.
- BA could retain the BHD service pretty much as is, at least in the medium term.

Given the IE cutback next summer. I'd go for the third option for now.

The proposed takeover timescale is very agressive, perhaps we won't have to wait very long.

True Blue
5th Nov 2011, 21:19
All this talk about better yield to Lhr from Bhd, not Bfs. If in a few months time, the only game in town is Bfs - Lhr, then the yield will be there as there will be no alternative. I think this marks the end of competition on domestic routes to Lhr, there will be nobody else in the future to provide that. Part of the reason will be lack of slots at Lhr for anyone else to start services. So the competition in the future will be between airports at the London end from Belfast, not to Lhr itself. If I was BA, I would do a deal with EI, get what I want, probably at lower cost. The only problem with that, would be an early morning out of Lhr to Belfast. So would Ba do 2/3 services a day or would Ei night stop at Lhr. 3 a day from each end by each carrier looks a real possibility.

TB

BFS101
6th Nov 2011, 17:42
Found this on UK Airport News (http://www.uk-airport-news.info)

There are concerns over the future of the BMI service from Belfast City Airport to Heathrow, UTV reports. The route - which is considered the most important air link between Northern Ireland and Great Britain - is at risk with BMI expected to be taken over by British Airways.

Prof Austin Smyth from the University of Westminster, said he expects BA to cut the number of short haul routes BMI operates from Heathrow. He said: ‘The reason BA is purchasing BMI is for its landing slots to Heathrow. It could divert those slots to more profitable [long haul] destinations.’

However, NI Trade Minister Arlene Foster was more positive. She said: ‘We have been watching very carefully what is happening, but we are quite content because we know the flights between Belfast and Heathrow are profitable.'

AIRPORT66
7th Nov 2011, 15:44
The take-off and landing slots belong to the airline not the route so just have to wait and see.

EGAC is Better
7th Nov 2011, 19:02
I would suspect the deal will be conditional on certain domestic city pairs being retained. Government will not allow IAG to remove links to the regions from LHR, it isn't what the UK needs right now.

That said, if the Shuttles to EDI, GLA & MAN are upgauged to bigger aircraft as demand requires then bmi slots to those cities are fair game for going to long haul IMO.

Belfast must be profitable for BD or it would have been pulled by now, no sentiment was afforded to GLA. I flew with them just over a week ago and there were very few seats to be had out (A320) or back (A319). Perhaps IAG will just let it tick over as is while maintaining a close eye and getting the best of both worlds by enjoying feed from BFS and BHD?

BHD2BFS
8th Nov 2011, 12:43
Fedex announce new base at Belfast

frg7700
8th Nov 2011, 13:48
Can't see the government taking that much interest in regional links to LHR specifically. Even if they did, there would still be an extant link.

It'll be a purely financial decision.

DannyKelly22
8th Nov 2011, 14:14
regards EI at the moment the plan is to base 2xA319's at belfast and 1xA320 next summer, depending upon the outcome of BA-BD this could however change but thats the plan at the moment.

EI-BUD
8th Nov 2011, 18:13
Can't see the government taking that much interest in regional links to LHR specifically

I would agree here frg7700; I cant recall them ever getting involved when links to LHR were moved to LGW or cancelled etc, to mind springs flights to the west country, LBA, MME, LPL, INV (when DA was taken over by BA and flights moved to LGW), IOM, JER the list goes on! Couldnt see BHD being much different.

EZYMAN999
8th Nov 2011, 19:26
Ben Air Shorts 360 Will starts a daily mail flight from EDI-BFS-EDI this week for the run up to Christmas. :)

BHD2BFS
13th Nov 2011, 13:29
just wondering if there is any news regarding iceland express, i know last year the route never got off the ground, but i think this was due to money problems.
they did say they would be back for 2012 with reykjavik, and newyork. plus it is now appearing on wikipedia (i know not a valuable source) but does someone maybe know more about this

CabinCrewe
13th Nov 2011, 13:47
The route did get off to a start as such ( The original planned triangle route EDI-BFS -KEF) it was just that the BFS section didnt. Was a summer only service ex EDI with acceptable loads. Should be back next year height of summer only (from June, M,F) if it doesnt all go t*ts up. No mention of BFS in next summer schedules however

AIRPORT66
13th Nov 2011, 18:51
How accurate is Bfs wikipedia it says about Aerlingus regional operating from BFS in 2012 also mentions Iceland Express.

CCR
13th Nov 2011, 19:06
Any more details on the Fedex base in Belfast? Start date and what type aircraft will be based there??

AIRPORT66
13th Nov 2011, 19:13
It has already started.

tigger2k8
13th Nov 2011, 23:25
Airport66, the wiki page has always had people adding routes / airlines on rumors, the EI Regional rumor has been flying around since early this year, all because there was talks between EI and the airport about it..

CCR, as airport66 has said, its started, the press release image had an ATR, but theres been an EMB120 operated by swift air (who do operate for fedex express) sitting on the freight apron doing flights to CDG (i think) for over a month now.. some have said that its just the start, and a bigger aircraft will come along if the demand is there.

As for iceland express, think it was due to low bookings last year that it didn't operate from BFS (not well advertised), they did state they felt that both BFS and EDI should have direct flights for 2012... but we'll see if that happens

edit - heres the BBC article on the flights BBC News - Belfast flights to Iceland postponed until 2012 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12617758)

Jamie2k9
13th Nov 2011, 23:31
Iceland Express said the same about there DUB flights for 2012. Don't think either airport will see there next summer.

smythonthehill
14th Nov 2011, 09:37
I doubt that even if Iceland Express decide to fly direct from BFS to KEF that they will be able to offer as low a fair as Easyjet on the route, even if you have to connect in London Luton. I purchased BFS - LTN - KEF return for £128 including all taxes and charges for next September. When i checked on Iceland Express, from LGW to KEF it was £208 return. Though i have no problem connecting somewhere if it will save me £80.

Jamie2k9
17th Nov 2011, 20:42
Aer Lingus aircraft for summer 2012.

2 A319 all routes except LHR
1 A320 LHR.

AIRPORT66
18th Nov 2011, 10:34
Could a A319 fly to TFS,or ACE is Rome still off the list for 2012?

tigger2k8
18th Nov 2011, 10:50
Could a A319 fly to TFS,or ACE is Rome still off the list for 2012?

Im assuming it can otherwise they wouldn't have listed the routes for the A319, im guessing they won't have as high density seating plan as an EZY A319... I wonder will they go for bulk loading instead of the ULD system, as each ULD has a weight of around 80kg empty.. which is a considerable amount when it comes to fuel burn

EGAC is Better
18th Nov 2011, 13:20
The longer runs won't be a problem for the A319.

BMI operate a 144 seat config (2 rows less than EZY) on some A319's which were very comfy even before the new slimline seats so perhaps EI will jump in the middle of the two and ptich for 150 seats?

The A319 at BFS made me interested to see what new markets it could open if the demand existed and EI had the interest. The map below is a quick reference using Airbuses figures for the A319/20. I used the max airframe empty weight and max airframe takeoff weight to make these rough calculations.

Light blue is A320, middle blue is A319.
Great Circle Mapper (http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=bfs-dxb%0D%0Abfs-ord%0D%0Abfs-yyz%0D%0Abfs-jfk%0D%0Abfs-bos%0D%0Abfs-tfs%0D%0Abfs-ssh%0D%0A&R=2750nm%40bfs%0D%0A3380nm%40bfs&MS=wls&DU=nm&SG=0.80&SU=mach)

If EI were to ETOPS certify an A319, they could certainly operate some transatlantics from BFS without the need or risk running an A330. Places like JFK, BOS, YYZ would all be theoretically possible but financially viable may be a different story.

DannyKelly22
18th Nov 2011, 14:54
the EI A319's are configured to carry 144pax, they are deffo coming to belfast but all could next year depending upon what happens to BHD-LHR and the BA/BD tie up.

BHD2BFS
18th Nov 2011, 14:58
any more news on aer lingus regional, i know someone said a couple of weeks ago a new airline was looking at check in desks, also i see on the aer arann page there is rumours it will be dropping london city and i know they have an atr 42 based there, is it possibly coming to belfast?

BFS101
21st Nov 2011, 15:16
Little things - The Irish Times - Fri, Nov 18, 2011 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/1118/1224307762182.html)

EUROPE AIRPOST , which operates charter flights in Ireland for a number of travel groups, held a breakfast briefing in the Shelbourne Hotel on Thursday morning to give an outline of its plans for 2012.
It plans to begin flying from Kerry Airport and Belfast in addition to Dublin, Shannon and Cork and plans to add a handful of new routes to its schedule, including Naples, Keflavik and Corfu.
“Despite the economic uncertainty and the emergence of competition from scheduled airlines, we remain cautiously optimistic towards a rebound of the Irish leisure market,” chief executive Jean-François Dominiak said.
Anyone any more information???

keep_er_lit
21st Nov 2011, 18:09
In my opinion if EI could get their hands on the Bmi route from BHD-LHR and operate a A319 on this it would be a good move. Providing the IAG takeover goes through as planned I doubt BA would keep this slot for a domestic, ie, BHD. It would make more business since for them to utilize this slot for a Long haul destination.
Maybe EI could have flights from BFS and BHD?? A320 from BFS and an intense service with an A319 from BHD. When BMI were the only carrier operating from NI to LHR they made a killing and maybe its EI's turn to do the same providing they could get a slot from LHR to BHD. Only a speculative idea from me but in my mind would be a good move :O

Belboy
21st Nov 2011, 19:19
keep er lit
interesting idea but the days when the heathrow route made a fortune are gone. the fares are a lot lower and the choice of london airports is much greater.

sarcon
21st Nov 2011, 19:43
The city will currently be trying anything to get business including AL, Jet 2, anyone. When FR were operating they had record passenger numbers and record losses, see the 2009 accounts. They tried to encourage EJ to do more than LTN, that didn't work, bmi and baby are now in diffs with uncertain futures and the total losses of the company that own them is now over £160m, including the unfortunate purchase price. If Aldergrove and COD closed tomorrow they still wouldn't be able to make enough profit to make a return on the investment. Anything they are doing is short term not strategic long termism.

ALLMCC
21st Nov 2011, 20:31
Just a thought, what are the chances of EI doing as BMI did 10 years ago and moving their entire Belfast operation from BFS to BHD - that would secure the LHR route out of BHD.

EI-BUD
22nd Nov 2011, 06:19
ALLMCC; EI wont look at BHD, the profitable Canary Island routes would be gone straight away and the late arrivals from various European destinations wouldnt be possible anymore.

Aer Lingus for that reason not going to be an option, Jet2 is established at BFS and its QC aircraft work on Royal Mail work that is directly linked to BFS, who does that leave? Easyjet, who have tried and came back.

Perhaps its time that BFS looked to wooing BE over to BFS some flights e.g. BHX and one or two others. Perhaps BE would see merit in challenging BHD management, afterall, it would appear that BHD were happy enough to attract WW in on BE's patch etc. Most likely wishful thinking, given the legacy of BE at the City Airport.

EI-BUD

EI-BUD
27th Nov 2011, 21:57
It is now apparent from the Aer Lingus booking system that the 319s will feature in the BFS plan for 2012, they seem to be operating on all routes at some stage except the canary islands from what I can see.

LHR seems to get 320 during the week but most weekend flight seem to be 319, making way for 320 on more holiday orientated routes.

There do seem to be times when an A320 is needed on LHR and at the same time needed on TFS, so it may be that there will be 1 x 319 and 2 x 320, but some have commented that it is to be 1x 320 and 1x 319.

My guess would be that some flight ex Dublin may need 319 eg some of the newly proposed routes that FR will also start, eg Verona. Stockholm well served by FR so this scandinavian route may be thin enough and EI previous experience in Scandinavia would be slack enough, so may be the case for a 319.

EI-BUD

BHD2BFS
27th Nov 2011, 22:13
EI bud, you seem to know quite a bit about EI do you know if aer lingus regional will be making at appearance at bfs in 2012? Or if anyone else has any information on it

PPRuNeUser0176
27th Nov 2011, 22:21
Had a look and EI LHR flights are all showing as A319 except sundays which would expect to be changed. Suprised to see FAO have a A320 everyday except sundays when it does LHR. Would of thaught LHR could sustain a morning A320 service.

BHD2BFS
29th Nov 2011, 21:17
Travelled through the airport today, and although the departures is a vast improvement, when arriving through the domestic arrivals, it looks like the most depressing place. Also what is with the vast amounts of white and red barriers, it makes the place look extremely tacky and tired

MontyP
29th Nov 2011, 22:03
Its part of the sponsorship deal with LegoLand :hmm:

ara01jbb
29th Nov 2011, 22:20
I share your sentiments BHD2BFS. I flew in/out last week from/to GLA, and the architectural similarities between the terminals are striking. Both have almost iconic core terminal buildings (GLA - architect Basil Spence, c. 1965; BFS - architects (IIRC) Kennedy Fitzgerald, c. mid sixties). Both had lots of glass, with big, chunky but elegant roof structures. Now both have been hacked about with decade upon decade of piecemeal alterations and additions and desperately cynical re-orientation around retail (at least the new security search area at BFS gives you an uninterrupted view of all the old butterfly roof).

Sadly that's what much of air travel has become, a chance to sell people stuff. BFS arrivals hall gets no such treatment because 99% of people arrive and bugger off, they don't linger and if they do spend any money it's for a cuppa.

thrubwell
30th Nov 2011, 12:08
flew in and out at the weekend, first time in years. domestic arrivals was not particularly inspiring but hey one only wants to get bag and get out .
departures was a lot better than i remember and whilst plenty of shopping to be had one was certainly not forced to shop!
security was very quick and painless and polite. all in all an excellent experience all round

BHD2BFS
12th Dec 2011, 21:50
Just looking at Knock airport there and I see Lufthansa is starting a route to Dusseldorf next year. How can an airport such as Knock secure an airline like this and Belfast cant? Surely a German route would do very well from Belfast

ara01jbb
12th Dec 2011, 23:55
LH also offer a seasonal DUS-NQY; it's a one of several carefully managed thin but profitable tourist routes for the German market using a (Cityline?) regional jet. It's not really compatible with a route into BFS/BHD.

BHD2BFS
13th Dec 2011, 20:53
looking through old photos of the airport and realised there used to be 3 airbrides :ooh:. why were they removed or at least not replaced? maybe bringing a few back will get rid of horrible red and white road works ;), by looks of the photos one used to be around the area where the vacant unit beside starbucks is now ( i know that particular bridge hasnt been there in a very long time) but maybe could use that unit as a new gate its not like it will be occupied in the near future. im sure aer lingus wouldnt mind paying a bit more to use them, especially on the heathrow route :ok:

EI-BUD
13th Dec 2011, 21:02
Hey BHD2BFS, yeah the airbridges were neat, one was designated to BA's super shuttle London Heathrow route. Second is where gate 18 (approx 18 location if memory serves me rightly) and it was designated to British Midland and the 3 is the existing one I think!

So on a good day a 757 BA on one a BD 734 or DC9!! I have memories of KLM from AMS using one.

When BA pulled the route in 2001 and then in a later season Bmi moved all to BHD, the place was used mainly by LOCOs Go, Easyjet , and they didnt want the jetties. Quite a shame..
You brought back some memories. And I am remembering how far BFS has come in a short space of time. in the mid 1990s the scheduled routes were only to a selection of GB destination and 2 on the continent.

In the 90s there were so many different types
BA - Bac1-11s, ATPs, HS748, 757, 737, 320, L10, J41,
BD - F70, DC9, 733, 734,735, 319, 320, 321, ATP, EMB
DA - used Bac1-11s, 737s and HS748s!
BY - 73S and 757 to LTN
KL to AMS
and SN to BRU I think....!

EI-BUD

BHD2BFS
13th Dec 2011, 21:13
Maybe if we lose the heathrow to bhd route and EI manage to begin a shuttle we may see a new bridge. If I'm correct in thinking the empty unit is above gate 16 or possibly is gate 18 it would be a great place for the bridge, especially for businesses travellers, close to business lounge and quite close to security for late passengers. Only a thought :-)

GOTNA NG
13th Dec 2011, 22:00
There were four bridges at one point, 14/15A, 18, 22/23 and 27. As mentioned BA and BD had their own for their LHR services.
Old 22 bridge was originally half way down the international pier when the stands were slightly different (approx pre-1997)
It was then moved to where the glass air bridge is now and it could rotate between the present stand 22 and the old 23 which was at a right angle to 22 (14 bridge could also be used on 15A and maybe the old 13).
The bridge on 27 was a nose loader ( could only move up/down and back/forward)
It was originally the bridge at stand 18 used for BMI but was moved to 27 when a new bridge was placed on 18 (the more flexible jetty type). It was removed when stand 28 and 29 were created.
A real shame that there is only one bridge these days as they do present the image of more successful airport! But thats the nature of BFS these days!
Perhaps a small sacrifice for the much more extensive network the airport has these days.

EI-BUD
18th Dec 2011, 12:07
Well done Easyjet, Belfast International/Manchester route off to a good start the month of November carried 10230 up 26% on the same month last year when bmibaby were offering the route on similar frequency. No doubt Easyjet will build on this performance, and hopefully before too long we will see a 3rd daily rotation. With a bit of luck based on the performance of MAN they might look at BHX, would be good to see it back on the Aldergrove route map...

Liverpool did great with 34K, other routes showed some improvement over last year. Nice to see it!

EI-BUD

BELHold
18th Dec 2011, 12:23
"In the 90s there were so many different types
BA - Bac1-11s, ATPs, HS748, 757, 737, 320, L10, J41"

And the 727, anyone remember the ATA doing the shuttle?

Notice TCX are starting flights to ILD, take it this is a Ski Charter.

OltonPete
18th Dec 2011, 16:02
EI-BUD

I would love to see the Orange lot on BFS - BHX but I can't see it happening at present. Is that right for the Manchester figures 10230 at double daily?

That only equates to 85 per flight or 54%? I don't follow easyjet load factors that much as they only have two routes at BHX but 54% seems incredibly low even for a first month.

Was it double daily every day or reduced frequency at the weekend?

I suppose with Christmas it will improve but slightly surprised at these figures.

156 seats per flight for BHX I fear would be too much but EI Regional that is a different matter.

Pete

EI-BUD
18th Dec 2011, 16:57
Hi OltonPete,

Yeah the load factor soft enough but being November I think it is not bad at all, and the route had been closed for 10 months!

You are probably right re the BHX route though if we consider that LPL, LGW, GLA, EDI, BRS, NCL all do far more pax from BFS goes to show that BFS can sustain much better numbers than BHD, with that in mind lets think about BHX and MAN being big markets in terms of overall pax (from Belfast Market), Easyjet sticking at it will over time get a big audience, and bearing in mind the pax on BHX from BHD I dont see why 2 daily 319 wouldnt work. BE has the advantage that the brand is well known in BHX and surrounding areas!

EI-BUD

mart901
18th Dec 2011, 17:02
Does anyone know how well WW did BHX-BFS? I used to find the morning flight was nornally packed in both directions, busier than BE, although their loads are spread over a lot more rotations. I seem to remember mytravellite and maersk doing well on the route too.

OltonPete
18th Dec 2011, 18:51
mart901

Absolutely no idea re the yield from this route but these are the CAA stats

2010 - 101430 down 22% on 2009

Punctuality stats show 1247 rotations which is an average on 81 per flight or around 58% based on 140 seats (some 131 seat 735's and 149 seat 733's).

2010 of course included the ash cloud closures contributing to some of the loss.

I have not collated all the 2011 figures released thus far from BHD and I will wait until the December figures are released mid January.

Pete

mart901
18th Dec 2011, 19:36
Cheers. That then makes your point about an EIR a/c perfect sense. They could easily fill that on a double daily rotation, possibly even triple.

tigger2k8
22nd Dec 2011, 20:55
Well flew into BFS last night from LTN with EZY on the 320, a tiny bit late.. but not too much, think i only seen a handful of free seats... obviously the Christmas rush to get home, looks like they have done a spot of resurfacing around the airport, i did notice on my way out that the old international arrivals door seems blocked up, what way are they sending passengers now from those flights?

CARNMANORLAD
30th Dec 2011, 16:43
Anyone know why Aer Arann have a departure from BFS To SNN tonight at 2300?

dwlpl
30th Dec 2011, 16:52
Anyone know why Aer Arann have a departure from BFS To SNN tonight at 2300?

Connected to the Ulster v Munster rugby match?

EZYMAN999
31st Dec 2011, 22:19
Just wondering if there is going to be new routes in 2012, I now Southend's starting soon.

sarcon
1st Jan 2012, 10:57
I hear that the BHX will commence later this year, hope it's for the summer rather than winter season.

mart901
1st Jan 2012, 11:30
who's supposed to be operating BHX?

BHD2BFS
3rd Jan 2012, 16:04
Was just reading that Monarch is to start flights to sanford this year from Cardiff, how can a relatively small airport like this manage to get this route, and Belfast can't.
I sometimes wonder what the managment at BFS actually do, and to make it worse the company that owns BFS owns Sanford aswell, surely some sort of deal could be made between them and an airline to introduce the route (I know Thomas Cook flew it last year but I think it was only 2 flights) also we have the lowest APD for longhaul in the whole of the UK, can a Canada flight not be viable either?? rant over

tigger2k8
3rd Jan 2012, 16:29
Was just reading that Monarch is to start flights to sanford this year from Cardiff, how can a relatively small airport like this manage to get this route, and Belfast can't.
I sometimes wonder what the managment at BFS actually do, and to make it worse the company that owns BFS owns Sanford aswell, surely some sort of deal could be made between them and an airline to introduce the route (I know Thomas Cook flew it last year but I think it was only 2 flights) also we have the lowest APD for longhaul in the whole of the UK, can a Canada flight not be viable either?? rant over

We may have the lowest APD in the UK, but we are the only part of the UK who is joined with a country who's ADP is 3 Euro, unless thats changed

Jonnyf
4th Jan 2012, 19:52
Who is Rumoured to be operating the BHX service, I have heard speculation of Aer Lingus? or could easyjet introduce a new Domestic destination being Birmingham?

EZYMAN999
4th Jan 2012, 20:49
TNT was using a B757 tonight back to east midlands.

BHD2BFS
4th Jan 2012, 21:04
More than likely could be aer lingus regional, maybe they could introduce Cardiff ?, I heard on another thread they have an atr72 free shorty, and if that gets based at bfs they would have to launch a hand full of routes, could be a good year for bfs??

BHD2BFS
10th Jan 2012, 21:54
Just wondering what the plans are for aer lingus' Rome and gran canaria routes, was rumored a couple of months ago they would be dropped but there seems to be no more news on it and they are advertising them on their new tv commercials,
I'm assuming by this late stage easyjet, aer lingus or jet2 don't plan to launch any new summer routes

Shamrock350
10th Jan 2012, 23:09
Rome has been dropped for this summer, ends March 24th while Gran Canaria is operating during the peak summer months from Jun 11 2012 - Sep 16 2012. They're probably advertising Rome as it's still got a few months before it ends, may as well fill the remaining flights.

BFS101
11th Jan 2012, 17:00
Anyone any further information on how the Easyjet MAN is doing?? Came home on it Monday and only 50 pax onboard. Surely that can't be pleasing EZY too much??

Also is CO to go daily on EWR next winter?? From what I can see on their website, flights on-sale up to the middle of December and seems to be daily direct?? Do they usually do this so far in advance, and then finalise the timetable in due course??

EZYMAN999
11th Jan 2012, 17:33
By the Belfast International Airport (http://www.belfastairport.com/en) it is.

CO 94 arriving 09:00 everyday from 01/05/12 to 01/01/13.
CO 95 departing 11:15 everyday from 02/05/12 to 01/01/13.
:)

AIRPORT66
11th Jan 2012, 18:40
I find that strange about the Bfs/Fco because the loads all summer were really good better than some of the other routes.

BHD2BFS
16th Jan 2012, 21:06
just wondering if anyone knows how many and what type of aircraft woodgate aviation have in their fleet at BFS/IOM, I keep finding conflicting information on internet, just wondering if anyone who work up at the airport or just in general knows what they have :ok:

jabird
17th Jan 2012, 20:48
Quick question (not on official airport map, Google maps very over-exposed).

How many airbridges at BFS? Looks like at least one, but I would expect more than that. Bulk of terminal building doesn't seem to use them. Is Easy 7 Jet2 policy take what's given? I would assume CO-UA would demand them?

Thanks

eastern wiseguy
17th Jan 2012, 20:58
One.....is correct. LCC's don't like to use them(or pay for them) and United insist.

jabird
17th Jan 2012, 21:01
ECC, thanks for the fast reply!

Was it built for them then? Trying to remember when this route started - 04 ish?

tigger2k8
17th Jan 2012, 21:07
jabird, there was an old air bridge on stand 22.. was replaced a few years ago with the new glass one, which some say was part funded by CO/UA but cant confirm that.. according to wiki the route started in 2005

ILS25
17th Jan 2012, 21:11
Correct the airbridge was always there, not built for CO. Was renewed about 3 years ago.

IIRC there were 3 airbridges at BFS at one time. Correct me if i'm wrong.

On a different subject 25 is closed between 8am and 8pm for the next few days for essential maintenance.

BHD2BFS
18th Jan 2012, 15:27
just looking at 2011 stats and pax numbers are up 90,000 not enormous but a step in the right direction hopefully with the start of southend and a full year or manchester and by looks of things daily CO flights will make this year another promising year :ok:

any news on possible routes?

maybe this year managment will find an airline to reinstate the routes lost by bmibaby........ easyjet?

EI-BUD
18th Jan 2012, 17:00
BHD2BFS - such a positive post you wrote!

If we got Birmingham back and BFS captured it's fair share of the BHX market it would be great, we just need Easyjet to take the step and I suppose the success of the MAN route will be the yardstick with which they measure.

I simply can't see Aer Lingus Regional coming now, though if Aer Lingus do decide to keep the 2 A319s in place for winter together with 1 A320 (summer fleet) we could see an opportunity for a reasonably frequent route like Birmingham. The 319 with 144 seats would be alot more suitable than the 320, though probably a bit on the big side for this route considering the level of competition. Though I feel if AerLingus were seriously considering it Easyjet would be on to it fairly quickly!

EI-BUD

BHD2BFS
18th Jan 2012, 17:14
My recent source has told me that aer arann/ aer lingus regional has put BFS and southend on hold for the moment.
If ei are canceling Rome and gran canaria this may leave room for a new regional route, I do remember someone saying a while back that there is currently a few spare slots in the BFS schedule so if you include this along with the cancelled routes there is definite space for regional flights I doubt they would launch a new summer route now. So fingers crossed for regional routes!

EI-BUD
22nd Jan 2012, 09:42
Morning all,

Does anybody know what the story is with EZY 9005 arriving at 1120 from East Midlands, I also see that the Morning flight to Manchester was diverted... at a guess it must have diverted to EMA and is now due in at 1120 to BFS.

Anybody know what is going on with this? Lots of other flights were arriving around the time of EZY scheduled arrival time @ MAN so it wouldn't seem to be the weather.

EI-BUD

Jamie2k9
25th Jan 2012, 22:25
Looks like EI regional could be on the way to BFS with BHX. SNN seems to be getting a second ATR based in the summer which is doing a W from BHX before returning to SNN.

mart901
25th Jan 2012, 23:16
So just one daily rotation to BFS from BHX?

BFS BHD
31st Jan 2012, 20:35
New airline coming to belfast international. (Aer Lingus regional)
All i can say. :hmm:

AND MONARCH ARE IN TALKS WITH BELFAST INTERNATIONAL TO. :eek:

mart901
31st Jan 2012, 20:50
Bhx? Spill the beans!

BFS BHD
31st Jan 2012, 20:51
Cant say anything yet. sorry :\

Cloud1
31st Jan 2012, 21:00
BFSBHD

You have said new airline coming to BFS and then in the BHD thread a new airline coming to BHD

Which is it?

BFS BHD
31st Jan 2012, 21:03
Two different airlines. Lufthansa Regional are in talks with city airport. ALL I can say.

BHD2BFS
31st Jan 2012, 21:20
BFS BHD both the airports are always in talks with different airlines about starting routes, thats their job

BHD2BFS
31st Jan 2012, 21:40
I do hope your right as there has been speculation for a very long time about it, but I am very surprised at monarch, they would need to start different routes to survive in Belfast rather than the same old sun routes

BFS BHD
31st Jan 2012, 21:45
Just deleted that post by mistake how you get it back. :O

mart901
31st Jan 2012, 21:49
Try clicking the back button till you get to that stage, then copy it and paste it to a new post....

BFS BHD
31st Jan 2012, 21:53
Thanks mart901 ;) , BHD2BFS, Aer Lingus regional are really close in closing the deal. I'm getting the times and when it will start soon.

NWSRG
31st Jan 2012, 22:05
Monarch? Maybe we'll get SFO back...has to be a lucrative route...

BHD2BFS
31st Jan 2012, 22:08
And possibly Cyprus/ Greece routes

richardnei
1st Feb 2012, 18:47
Monarch will be operating some of the BFS/SFB flights this summer on behalf of Thomas Cook using A330 Aircraft. I think its 3 or 4 flights on a friday.

They will also be operating the BFS/FNC Charters again for Atlantic Holidays on a Monday Morning.

david1994
1st Feb 2012, 19:19
All I can say is that MON have been in close talks with BFS about basing an A321 for LCA, DLM, BOD, TFS, ACE, LPA, PMI, AGP. They are also hoping to secure a contract for SFB on a W rotation all summer ex BHX from Summer 2013.

stab3.5up
1st Feb 2012, 20:22
Seems very odd for Monarch as they pulled out of dub and have stated that they are moving away from the i.t. business. Surely by this stage holiday companies have signed up with airlines.

BFS101
2nd Feb 2012, 17:02
Canada back on the radar, as per the airport website. Now with long-haul tax in parity with short-haul, this may be more likely. Airport works to restore direct Toronto link - Belfast International Airport (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/1/116/airport-works-to-restore-direct-toronto-link.html)

Belfast International Airport has said that Northern Ireland tourism is losing out because it no longer has direct air links with Canada.

BIA Business Development Director, Uel Hoey, told a major Ireland-Canada conference that when the Belfast-Toronto link was in operation, tens of thousands of Canadian tourists flooded into the Province.
Strong family and cultural links with Canada, and Ontario in particular, formed the bedrock of the service but the link has become dormant in the last two years with the demise of two airlines. Efforts continue to secure another carrier to take over the Belfast route.

eastern wiseguy
2nd Feb 2012, 17:57
Canada back on the radar, as per the airport website.

Truthfully doubt it was ever off the radar. Just a question of persuading a company to bite......and there being a little route development money.(Allegedly)

The spanish owners have wallets which are notoriously difficult to open at the moment.(Allegedly) again....

jabird
4th Feb 2012, 09:56
Could someone knowledgable in these matters please confirm the tax situation:

BFS-EWR - taxed like anywhere in Europe

BHD-LHR-IAD - £60APD, taxed like anywhere else from UK to longhaul.

What about BFS-EWR-DCA?

As far as I understand, that would be taxed as a long haul flights.

Didn't see any reference to flight connections when the announcement was made, surprised it didn't come up. Afaik, most UA UK-EWR routes are around 70% transfer, so if that's the case, how could the tax change have 'saved' the route?

Also, I would have expected BA, VS to have complained that they are at a competitive disadvantage when it comes to feeding their services from BHD or BFS.

Any one care to comment?

Thanks

BHD2BFS
7th Feb 2012, 09:42
Any more news if easy are going to base an a320 in BFS for the summer, or any new routes in the pipeline? They launched 3 last year, any more this year?

FourTrails
7th Feb 2012, 10:46
320 arrives, I believe 22 June for approx one month:ok:

stab3.5up
7th Feb 2012, 11:01
Bbc website running story on tcx a/c in emergency lsnding?

JSCL
7th Feb 2012, 11:23
TCX was climbing out of BFS, turned around, dumped fuel over a certain nearby 'lake' for about 20 minutes. Then went to land at BFS.

Not sure why. This is just what I happened to catch a glimpse of while watching sky news.

BFS101
7th Feb 2012, 11:24
The Thomas Cook flight reported difficulties with its undercarriage after taking off just after 10:00 GMT.
As per BBC website

flying officer kite
7th Feb 2012, 11:47
'dumped fuel over a certain nearby lake'.. so the aircraft was either a widebody, or the media are on the ball as usual.. hmm :/ Or did someone forget to put the filler cap in again :P

BFS101
7th Feb 2012, 11:54
BFS to get A320 over the peak summer months.

Easyjet said it will increase the number of passengers it takes from Belfast to sun spots during the summer period. Flights are now on sale and it is expected that around 2,000 extra passengers will when the larger A320 joins the fleet.
The craft will be used to destinations such as Alicante, Faro, Malaga and Palma, as well as to Amsterdam and several domestic destinations.
EasyJet upgrades local passenger capacity - Business News, Business - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/business-news/easyjet-upgrades-local-passenger-capacity-16114370.html)

tigger2k8
7th Feb 2012, 12:11
320 arrives, I believe 22 June for approx one month

I thought its stay was extending into August to cover the peak summer, i could be wrong though, or that plan may have changed

DannyKelly22
7th Feb 2012, 15:04
BBC News - Belfast plane makes emergency landing (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-16928178)

going by the photo as the fact a helicopter was sent up to inspect the aircraft (supposidly - passenger account) it seems to have been a pretty serious incident.

ara01jbb
7th Feb 2012, 17:55
What's the winter season utilisation of TCX's A320 at BFS? I only ask because whenever I'm there (usually commuting early mornings and late evenings in/out) it's normally parked on stand with no signs of movement.

Torque2
7th Feb 2012, 18:16
The incident was just that, a failure of a microswitch would not allow the gear to retract so the sensible thing to do was to remain at relatively low level to burn off fuel more quickly and land at a sensible weight. No other crash and burn drama.

The utilization is 1 flight per day to the Canaries except wednesday and a ski flight on Sunday.

eastern wiseguy
7th Feb 2012, 18:45
@ Danny Kelly.

It happened.

Good job by PSNI!:ok:

BHD2BFS
10th Feb 2012, 19:32
10 flights all arriving in 1 hour tonyt, don't think I've seen it so busy this time of year, 9 of which are domestic, how will the crappy domestic arrivals hall cope :p also seen there is a flight in from Bridgetown tomorrow, is this only a one off

AIRPORT66
10th Feb 2012, 22:05
I travelled on Flybe recently into BHD there was the aircraft i travelled in on and a WW aircraft we waited 45 minutes or more on are baggage when i complained to the servisair agent see replied there was ramp congestion 2 aircraft on the apron is ramp congestion god help us so i think there crappy arrivals needs to sort itself out as well.

BFS BHD
12th Feb 2012, 16:14
Date of occurrence:
13 July 2011

The aircraft made a visual approach, at night, to Runway 07 at Belfast International Airport. The aircraft touched down short of the runway, making contact with the runway approach lighting system. Damage to the aircraft was discovered by the pilot when he inspected the aircraft after landing.

More info: Air Accidents Investigation: BN2T Islander, G-BSWR (http://www.aaib.gov.uk/publications/bulletins/february_2012/bn2t_islander__g_bswr.cfm)

ILS25
13th Feb 2012, 09:42
Difficult to make juliet taxiway if landing 07 :)

BFS BHD
13th Feb 2012, 09:53
think it did a low approach and go on 25 (HAWK)

BFS101
20th Feb 2012, 18:29
When did LS reduce LBA to once daily?? Would explain the 32% drop in passengers Jan 12 to Jan 11. This doesn't lend itself to a business day return as the previous schedule allowed. Could we see the end of this route soon?? Hope not.

I note that BE to LBA was up 23% comparing the same months.

AIRPORT66
20th Feb 2012, 18:38
The Leeds operates twice daily except Tue,Wed,Sat probably those days don't have much traffic.

BFS BHD
20th Feb 2012, 20:00
Just to give u the heads up that ATN 767 has been operating from BFS to EMA for the TNT A300 for the last two or three weeks. :)

PLUS: Air VIA will start at BFS to Burgas starts on 2 June 2012 (Just for the summer) ;)

And Air Australia was going to start at BFS but there going bust. They where going to fly to Larnaca and Rhodes (i think) it was going to start on the 4 July 2012. But looks like there going. :(

BFS BHD

stab3.5up
20th Feb 2012, 21:23
They were meant to do lca-dub also so i guess thats not happening now.

j636
20th Feb 2012, 21:26
As far as I know there european charter flights are not affected as they are operating under a different operating licence.

BFS101
20th Feb 2012, 21:33
Airport 66, sorry stand corrected. Though come the summer schedule, it is down to daily (checked the website) with no flight on a Saturday. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday flights are also late afternoon so not great timings.

Wonder will Olympic try and secure another airline for their charter ops??

BFS BHD
20th Feb 2012, 21:36
Did a GO-around on 25 due to flaps problems and he is going to make an approach on 25. has to make a HIGH speed approach on 25 !!!

EDIT: Landed safely and going to stand 29.

Torque2
21st Feb 2012, 08:10
Oh do please increase your Valium dosage bfsbhd.

flying officer kite
21st Feb 2012, 10:17
BFS BHD, a common occurance. Ive seen it happen up there many times, even widebodies and some of the heavier RAF stuff

clareview
21st Feb 2012, 17:21
It is clearly explained elsewhere on PPRuNe that Air Australia has had problems. It was formerly known as Strategic Airlines. The Australian operation and the European operation have separate structures and separate operating licences (Strategic based I think in Luxemburg). On that basis there is no reason to assume that the problems down under with Air Australia will affect Strategic, indeed it has been operating normally in the last few days

BFS101
1st Mar 2012, 13:02
Belfast - Heathrow route safe, claims BA owners

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/business-news/belfastheathrow-route-safe-claims-ba-owners-16124624.html

Nothing really new I guess, just reiterating the commitment to Belfast, as per todays Belfast Telegraph.

Also the management of BFS pushing for the airport to be included in infrastructure improvements, to help our economic recovery and for the benefit of NI plc.

Airport tells Government not (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/1/125/airport-tells-government-not-‘to-sell-us-short’.html)

BFS BHD
1st Mar 2012, 18:43
Just landed and going to stand 1F, B737 TAY12G from east midlands. In for the TNT A300

tigger2k8
3rd Mar 2012, 13:42
Also the management of BFS pushing for the airport to be included in infrastructure improvements, to help our economic recovery and for the benefit of NI plc.

Airport tells Government not

About time they go a bit more public over the poor transport links to BFS, our airports are vital to the economy and so far they are being neglected or taxed so much people travel 100 miles and pump money into Ireland's economy instead of our own (Note, im not saying that in any sort of sinister way in case someone is a bit sensitive).

Better transport, lower taxes, more variety of destinations = more passengers in/out of the country which then = more money in the economy and more jobs..

420 HB
3rd Mar 2012, 15:10
If the management of BFS really cared about the economy in the north then they would do away with the ridiculous and punitive drive- in levy that they have imposed on THE PEOPLE OF NORN IRON. Anyone can see how popular this is when you drive along the approach road to the airport. Now they want to grab money from the public purse!!!!! I think not.

tigger2k8
4th Mar 2012, 00:31
If the management of BFS really cared about the economy in the north then they would do away with the ridiculous and punitive drive- in levy that they have imposed on THE PEOPLE OF NORN IRON. Anyone can see how popular this is when you drive along the approach road to the airport. Now they want to grab money from the public purse!!!!! I think not.

That was happening well before the drop off charge kicked in.. in all fairness, there are still ways around it if you know the road system well, the long stay still has a free 10 minute time on it, simply arrange for those to walk 100-200m to the entrance of the long stay and drive back out, simple. Its annoying paying the £1, but it has improved the congestion a lot, before you had people sitting for 30+mins while others had to circle constantly.. also if you think you will need more than 10mins, pay £1 and go in the short stay, you get 30mins

BHD2BFS
6th Mar 2012, 21:51
Was reading a report today and easyjet have an extra 38 weekly flights ex bfs, this is the 3rd biggest increase of flights from an airport over the whole network ( gatwick 1st, Southend 2nd ) this is potentially an extra 6000pax a week (only based on a319 so could be more) can only be good for stats. Maybe this is why they havnt launched any new routes this year, only increasing freq on definite popular ones

BFS101
7th Mar 2012, 12:03
Was reading a report today and easyjet have an extra 38 weekly flights ex bfs
Related to what?? 38 extra flights from the same period last summer, or for the peak Northern Ireland period, or simply spin, and is based on winter flights we had???

BHD2BFS
7th Mar 2012, 12:26
Summer 2012 compared to summer 2011

dog in park
7th Mar 2012, 12:31
I will be placing extra seating in my garden as demand will be strong over the holiday period.

BHD2BFS
7th Mar 2012, 13:55
No need for the smart comments dog in park, I'm only trying to point out that easyjet have upped their flights this summer compared to last year and brought in an a320

tigger2k8
9th Mar 2012, 17:12
Airport puts in (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/1/129/airport-puts-in-%E2%80%98solid-effort%E2%80%99-with-pasenger-growth.html)

Airport puts in ‘solid effort’ with passenger growth

Published: 07 March 2012

Belfast International airport saw passenger numbers grow by more than 90,000 to 4.102 million last year in the face of another tough year for the economy.

Civil Aviation Authority figures show the International’s performance meant it was one of only a handful of UK airports to register growth.

Belfast International Airport Managing Director, John Doran, said: “The International is delighted to note the increase in annual traffic in the current economic circumstances.

“This result is due to a strong collaborative effort between the airport and our airline customers. We continue to strive towards expansion of Northern Ireland’s air transport network, with particular emphasis on routes delivering inbound prospects from tourists and investors.

“Our 2.3% growth has to be seen in the context of double digit declines for other airports, and is due in no small measure to the entire team willing to go the extra mile.

“We will have challenges ahead, but with the commitment of staff, airlines and, of course, our devolved administration, we can continue to defy the odds.

“This has been a solid effort for the International, helped in no small measure by new state-of-the-art facilities.

“We have invested heavily in our Terminal and work is continuing on a range of additional improvements which will further enhance the passenger experience and our operational capability”.

a small increase, but much better than the declines we have seen since 2008/9... arrived in from EDI this morning, i see the go-kart track has been reassembled with a large area at the domestic tracks now blocked off ( are they going to start work on something?) and there is now a glass partition in the domestic arrivals hall.. looks like they will be stopping anyone who isn't from an inbound flight getting into that area

CARNMANORLAD
9th Mar 2012, 17:25
Are EZY starting a BFS-DSA route from 27th May? I see someone has put it on the airport's WIKI page.

ILS25
9th Mar 2012, 21:29
tigger2k8 you are correct. Domestic arrivals baggage reclaim tracks are going airside.

EZYMAN999
9th Mar 2012, 22:51
:=:=
Easyjet doesn't fly to DSA and its not on the wiki site no more.

PPRuNeUser0176
11th Mar 2012, 23:21
strategic airlines will not be flying from BFS this summer for Olampic Hoildays. Aegean Airlines take Rhodes from (7/7/12) and Small Planet Airlines take Laranca from (18/5/12)

BHD2BFS
19th Mar 2012, 12:56
I see someone has put on the wiki page that jet2 is starting eastmidlands in August, any truth to this?

tigger2k8
19th Mar 2012, 13:05
I wouldn't bother using Wiki as a source, someone has been bored and adding total crap to the BFS page (view the history)..

BHD2BFS
19th Mar 2012, 16:13
I also see that someone has put that DHL is to start cargo flights to shannon, any truth to this also?
i do think that that east midlands is a good route to start for jet2, not so sure about shannon though

INKJET
19th Mar 2012, 16:19
Wishfull thinking re Jet2 & EMA city to city is not really Jet2 thing these days, one only has to look at WW loads into BFS when Ryanair were operating into City from EMA, 30 was a good load some days!

BHD2BFS
19th Mar 2012, 16:26
thats very true inkjet but i would travel to the city aswell if i was getting flights for a fraction of the price of WW with FR
wouldnt be too bad of and option for jet2, early and late flight to bfs then back to east mids for a sunshine route , EMA - BFS - EMA - IBZ - EMA - BFA - EMA
would kill off flybe and hurt WW

INKJET
19th Mar 2012, 17:05
The problem is with that is that your aircraft only gets one med rotation in and they are the one's that you can fill and get good sales on board plus baggage fee's, you do of course have a longer working day at BFS.

I think the loads at BFS would support a turbo prop, but not sure a 737 size jet would make money and public transport from BFS is not good into the city a taxi from BHD is around £7.00 and 10 minutes. This is less important if your going on your jolly's for a week. In any event Belfast already has two airlines flying to EMA so what's the point? can't see it happening

BHD2BFS
21st Mar 2012, 16:58
I see pax numbers where up 8% last month compared to 2011, maybe we will reach the 4.5m mark, somewhere we havnt been in a long time

CARNMANORLAD
21st Mar 2012, 18:28
Could we see EZE pick up the FCO route from EI at some stage? NI really needs some 'different' routes away from the bucket & spade destinations. I'm currently looking at destinations for my usual 4 day pre Xmas trip and there is nowhere jumping out. I've done AGP, MLA, AMS in previous years. Would have loved Rome this year but hey c'est la vie!

BFS101
21st Mar 2012, 22:11
EZY operated Rome in the past and dropped it, so I'd say unlikely. Has it been confirmed that EI are not bringing FCO back for the winter timetable?? With the A319, could this route, if not particularly viable this year be a profit-maker next winter??

In fairness, many airlines have tried the weird and wonderful over the past few years. Some destinations in my opinion were a little hopeful (Budapest), but the likes of Berlin, Munich, Prague, summer Toulouse, etc, all seemed reasonable. Just seems that many of us Northern Irish folk aren't that adventurous, and a summer holiday means two weeks in Santa Ponsa or Bodrum with the kids and Grandparents.... City destinations especially seem unpopular, such a shame...

ALLMCC
21st Mar 2012, 23:32
City destinations might work better from a city airport like BHD, for instance - just a thought.

North West
22nd Mar 2012, 00:15
Sounds nonsense. An airport has the word city in its official title so passengers will exercise a preference to use it to fly to cities or go on city breaks ??????

BFS101
22nd Mar 2012, 19:44
Easyjet seem to have the bulk of their winter 2012/13 on-sale. Now only had a quick look, but seems that CDG is reduced to X4 week, MAN increased to X3 day, Malta remains at X2 week.

SEN, LTN and LGW still to be put on.

CARNMANORLAD
22nd Mar 2012, 20:57
Anyone have any info on TAY14F. Shows a Etihad A300 leaving BFS on Flightradar?

ericlday
22nd Mar 2012, 21:14
Currently on descent into EGNX

tigger2k8
22nd Mar 2012, 21:41
as far as im aware that is the TNT A300... flightradar24 is showing old information on the a/c

DannyKelly22
23rd Mar 2012, 11:59
wondering if anyone could give me a hand, wot check-in system to Easyjet use at BFS? also how many aircraft do they have based at the airport for S12?

thanks in advance

dk

BFS BHD
23rd Mar 2012, 16:31
Easyjet will be basing 5 or 6 A319 and 1x A320 in S12

DannyKelly22
23rd Mar 2012, 18:29
thanks BFS BHD, i thought i was 6 in total 5xA319 and 1xA320, wasnt sure if it were going to be 7 in total. Just trying to confirm now if they use OpenRes as their check in system.

tigger2k8
23rd Mar 2012, 20:27
It's 6 aircraft, one of these changes to the a320 as far as I'm aware in June/July for a short period of time. For anyone travelling into/out of BFS keep an eye out for the new EI A319 noticed it sitting the other day

nrm2
24th Mar 2012, 01:18
It positioned up from SNN on Wednesday and her its first flight is Sunday am. It's sitting for a few days to give engineers and crew a chance to have a look round before taking her out.

The other one is being positioned up on saturday pm. Again from SNN and also starts revenue service on Sunday am.

Hope everyone enjoys flying on them. I have the pleasure of being on ei-eps on her first trip as a shamrock. Lol

AIRPORT66
25th Mar 2012, 13:39
I hear from a reliable source that Abertis has made quite few people redundant recently whats going on up there?

cessnarocket
25th Mar 2012, 14:47
13 people over 4 months just the usual autumn and spring clear out no doubt will re hire as per usual ???........

ILS25
25th Mar 2012, 16:17
They seem hell bent on getting rid of their own staff and contracting everything out. It may be cheaper, but no-one works for peanuts except monkeys.

Taken from their website:
" The airport itself currently employs around 200 employees who are committed to achieving the objectives of the company. "

Totally untrue, they employ nowhere near 200 employees.

tigger2k8
25th Mar 2012, 18:34
I hear from a reliable source that Abertis has made quite few people redundant recently whats going on up there?

As far as i can recall some of the porters were made redundant before Christmas unfortunately..

Welcome to the world of contracting out, i blame LCC's setting a trend of demanding lower landing / parking / handling fee's.. and a bit of greed thrown in, reasonably cheap tickets at the expense of 1 or 2 jobs or more in the long run. I think the fire cover is also out for tender at BFS..

ILS25 im not so sure, it could be just a little bit under 200, once you throw in office staff / OPS / maintenance / fire service

ILS25
25th Mar 2012, 20:01
I was told (but don't quote me on it) that the Airport directly employs around 120 and Abertis want to halve that and contract everything out. You are correct about the porters. Another eight personnel (don't know from which department) were told they were being made redundant last week.

tigger2k8
25th Mar 2012, 20:04
I was told (but don't quote me on it) that the Airport directly employs around 120 and Abertis want to half that and contract everything out. You are correct about the porters. Another eight personnel were told they were being made redundant last week.

its so sad, wish all of those who may be at risk all the best.. isn't a nice position to be in, been there myself

ILS25
25th Mar 2012, 20:44
It is sad, what annoys me most is that the airports managing director was moaning that Northern Ireland plc is not investing in the infrastructure leading to the airport. If the airport invested in it's own infrastructure and staff I would maybe be a bit more sympathetic.

Mlinnie
28th Mar 2012, 16:57
I noticed on the wiki page that germanwings are adding Berlin Bradenburg from 4th June ? Is it true ?

Mlinnie
28th Mar 2012, 17:00
And also what is the deal with the Thomas Cook flight to Enfidha and Sharm El Sheikh flights with Thomas Cook and Thomson ? Are they gone ?

CARNMANORLAD
28th Mar 2012, 21:51
Would be great to see Germanwings at BFS. Can anyone confirm the route? A rumour of a German route for either BFS or BHD has been circulating for some time.

tigger2k8
29th Mar 2012, 09:49
I would ignore Wiki until the sad individual who is spamming it gets bored and moves on..

LGS6753
30th Mar 2012, 14:55
Olympic Holidays has signed a deal with Aegean Airlines to provide flights on key routes this summer.

Among the first routes announced are Belfast to Cyprus and Rhodes

david1994
30th Mar 2012, 15:00
The flights for LCA and RHO have been in the system for around 2months now with being operated by A6

BHDflyer
30th Mar 2012, 18:37
The red white and blue are coming back people. It's official -

The Press Association: EC approves IAG's bmi takeover (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5izO3ef9HAc3DjUW7JVMab0G3nUFw?docId=N002885133312621677 3A)

eastern wiseguy
30th Mar 2012, 19:17
The red white and blue are coming back people.

To BHD as a FlyBe codeshare? Or as a codeshare with EI to BFS?

BFS101
30th Mar 2012, 21:03
From the press release

We have already announced that British Airways will re-start flights from Belfast to Heathrowso I'd say that BA will return with their own metal into BHD. Willie Walsh was vocal about wanting to bring BA back to NI, even before the bmi deal was on the cards.

In my opinion, BA will basically replace the bmi BHD operation, perhaps with a small reduction in frequency. If they keep the EI codeshare in addition, I don't know. Hopefully very soon, we'll have flights into T5!!!

tigger2k8
30th Mar 2012, 22:24
Removed, just to be safe.. :-)

dog in park
30th Mar 2012, 22:26
Yes RED WHITE and BLUE going back to BHD. Where
their last Belfast base was! ah The ATP ! :E
I hear they will have the flags out im Sydenham to welcome them back:ok:

BFS101
30th Mar 2012, 22:47
Tigger, careful with the whole advertising thing!! Mods are getting very strict...

BHD2BFS
30th Mar 2012, 22:56
Surely If EI flights are from bfs they will want to fly from bfs themselves to keep it all under one roof. ie if pax miss a flight with Ei they can get on the next BA flight from BFS etc or if a flight arrives late into heathrow they can get on the next code sharing flight, in my opinion and knowledge it is too expensive to split over 2 airports. Also if all put under 1 roof at BFS that is potentially an extra 400,000 pax however I think if this did happen BFS would need a new airbridge

david1994
30th Mar 2012, 23:00
I heard BA might be getting Aer Lingus to operate the route for them because of their codeshares

dog in park
30th Mar 2012, 23:10
BA from BHD. Mr Walsh stated that at the start. BE code shares BA too.

BHD2BFS
30th Mar 2012, 23:17
Yes but code sharing with BE to Gatwick is alot cheaper than heathrow therefore BFS with EI is the better option and also has no time restrictions or runway therefore if a A321 is needed, then there is no problems

BFS101
30th Mar 2012, 23:32
I heard BA might be getting Aer Lingus to operate the route for them because of their codesharesBut then that would not be BA making a return to Belfast. That would just be extending an already existing codeshare agreement.

dog in park
31st Mar 2012, 08:34
Why would Willy give EI, Which is now a rival airline on the Irish Sea hop a bit if his income? Should I say empire.
He has control now and the books Business travelers want city to city and they pay to do it

I would say BHD will suit him well.

EI-BUD
31st Mar 2012, 15:51
Dog in the park, yes biz pax want city to city but with restrictions in place like shortened opening hrs, short runway, these will mean;

~issues where aircraft get delayed and can't get into BHD before 2130, cost implication
~lack of flexibility to schedule arrivals later than the curfew time if necessary
~peak seasons no opportunity to put on bigger aircraft e.g. 767 etc
Doesn't give the same flexibility as BFS.

Not convinced BA will favour BHD in the long term. I have always felt that BA will have no interest in point to point traffic ex Belfast , instead interlining pax, and EI and BE have these covered well.

We will have to wait and C!

Good luck to one and all employed by BMI/baby and potentially Ba in NI. Take note Glasgow and Edinburgh situation, no crew base?