PDA

View Full Version : FAA or EASA studying

tiramola
13th Oct 2011, 03:29
Hello guys!
I am would like to ask you some info about aircraft maintenance techinician.
I live in Italy for the moment and I would like to get an EASA part 66 or the FAA A&P license.
First of all I have to mention that because my dad was an EASA part 66 holder who worked in Europe and USA too, I know maintenance organisations in both continents in which I could work in the future (I have to mention that I don't care if I have to move outside Eurore or stay here for studying and for working.)
I would like you to suggest me which of these two licenses is easiest to get and then also get a type rating. I have to mention you that I am interested in jet aeroplanes maintenance

easaman
13th Oct 2011, 08:15
Everybody can take exams for the EASA part 66 licence, unlike the FAA A&P.
In order to get an A&P license you must prove the need for the licecnse, which means a letter from a US-Carrier.
For more about EASA and A&P license see
How to get an A&P for aviation maintenance by home study on www.EASA66.eu (http://www.jartraining.de/66/A&P.html)

tiramola
13th Oct 2011, 17:37
I need the license in order to work for a us company or for N-registered aircrafts.. I plan to study in an FAA part 147 organization, and ther work as an a&p.. What exactly do I have to prove?

Exup
13th Oct 2011, 20:28
You will need to prove that you have the relevant experience which is 18 months if you want to take eithier the A licence or P licence, if you wish to take both together as most people do you need 30 months combined.

In addition you will need to get authorisation from the FAA to sit the exams, in the UK you have to get a letter from the CAA stating that they have seen & certified you experience then go & meet the FAA who say yes or no.

If you are working at an FAA approved facility that will provide you a letter stating that you require it for your job I think that should be sufficeint but stand to be corrected on that.

tiramola
13th Oct 2011, 22:11
I think that, concerning FAA, you don't need any practical experience if you follow part 147 training, right?

grounded27
14th Oct 2011, 13:18
Correct, if you complete a part 147 approved training program you are authorized to test. Otherwise (you should not need a letter from an airline showing your need for a liscence) just 18 months experience A or P or 30 months combined experience in all ATA's for an A&P. This is subject to review and approval by your local FAA administrator. You need to be fluent in verbal and written English to work in the USA with your liscence (does not read like an issue). A&P school is I believe roughly 1900 hours of training.

spannersatcx
14th Oct 2011, 16:08
liscence- no dictionary results

World English Dictionary
licence or ( US ) license (ˈlaɪsəns)

— n
1. a certificate, tag, document, etc, giving official permission to do something
2. formal permission or exemption
3. liberty of action or thought; freedom
4. intentional disregard of or deviation from conventional rules to achieve a certain effect: poetic licence
5. excessive freedom
6. licentiousness

[C14: via Old French and Medieval Latin licentia permission, from Latin: freedom, from licet it is allowed]

license or ( US ) licence

— n

[C14: via Old French and Medieval Latin licentia permission, from Latin: freedom, from licet it is allowed]

grounded27
17th Oct 2011, 01:02
Thank you so much for your contribution spanner, can I send you my next reply to spell check for me before I post it? Feel free to correct it to the queen's english if you wish.

spannersatcx
17th Oct 2011, 17:52
US or UK English? :ok:

gonzobluefuzz
17th Oct 2011, 23:20
I know I'm gonna get flamed big time.....but I gotta ask...... when the heck did the US get a queen/monarchy. I thought that was what that whole revolution thing was about??

just being an ass

gonzo

tiramola
19th Oct 2011, 08:43
Thank you for your answers. I would like to ask you something else.
For the Easa Part 66 B1.1 I know that you need experience on jet airplenes at a Part 145 maintenance organisation. I have found one 145 part organisation that maintains a rockwell commander turboprop and two cessnas caravan cargomaster. The commander doesn't fly so much because it is private, the caravans belong to a cargo company but also the don't fly so much and thatswhy there is not so much work to do on them and maintain.
First I would like to ask if the experience on these light turboprops would be recognised for the B1.1 and secondly how should be the two year experience (or 5 year with self study and non part 147 training)? Should be everyday? As I have mentioned above in this part 145 they don't have everyday work on planes.
Thank you