PDA

View Full Version : Wings Flight Training boss arrested?

lilflyboy262
9th Oct 2011, 18:24
Heard rumours that R.P.Singh (from Wings Flight Training in NZ) was arrested and later released on bail a few days ago. Also rumours that Wings is on the verge of being closed down.

Any truth? Bit hard to get news on my side of the world.

theinsider
16th Oct 2011, 12:17
A Wings Flight Training Academy flying instructor appeared in court this morning charged with assaulting Indian students studying for their pilot's licenses.

Ravindra Pal Singh, 61, appeared before a registrar in the Palmerston North District Court.

He entered no pleas on five charges of assault and was remanded to re-appear later this month.

Court documents show Singh is accused of assaulting four Indian students between April 2009 and August this year.*

The flight training academy operates from the Palmerston North Airport.

- Manawatu Standard

theinsider
22nd Oct 2011, 14:12
Been a long time since i worked there good memories though :)

mattyj
22nd Oct 2011, 21:26
This is most probably a standard Indian training method! That would explain why 737 fos touch nothing even when Expat captains are slumped over the controls fast asleep :)

troylee
24th Oct 2011, 13:49
Also rumours that Wings is on the verge of being closed down.
http://www.cuinsurance.org/xiaozhu1.jpg
http://www.cuinsurance.org/male2.jpg
http://www.cuinsurance.org/male3.jpg

theinsider
26th Oct 2011, 11:18
Will sure leave a hole in the NZ market if they do close :confused:

rosscojohn
31st Oct 2011, 22:18
Anyone heard any updates on his court case?

PA39
31st Oct 2011, 23:16
They reckon he gave 'em curry!

theinsider
19th Nov 2011, 11:04
They paid up front ,should always pay by the hour :ugh:

Weekend_Warrior
19th Dec 2011, 02:05
Shut pilot academy - tribunal | Stuff.co.nz (http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standard/news/6160211/Shut-pilot-academy-tribunal)

NzCaptainAndrew
19th Dec 2011, 03:16
Jeeesus really?

Tutut:=

jas24zzk
19th Dec 2011, 10:05
Seen something very similar here in Oz................

He ain't the only one.............

Yankee_Doodle_Floppy_Disk
9th Feb 2012, 20:51
The students are still flying. Some went to Helipro and Eagle Flight Training has picked up the "Wings" operation.

27/09
10th Feb 2012, 05:48
The students are still flying. Some went to Helipro and Eagle Flight Training has picked up the "Wings" operation. Lucky students ;)

lilflyboy262...2
11th Feb 2012, 03:05
Eagle Flight would be good for them :)

ZKSUJ
11th Feb 2012, 05:27
The majority of the students went to Helipro and I hear only a handful stayed on to continue with Eagle. Half the staff are at Helipro now as well I've been told

tecman
27th May 2013, 11:46
Sorry, with no capitalization, grammar or punctuation I couldn't decipher that after three readings. I'd suggest a rap over the knuckles with the ruler but, given the subject, ...

kabukiman
27th May 2013, 12:15
I'd not be comfortable putting up the whole cost upfront. How does that even work when different people will take different time to complete a license?

ZKSUJ
28th May 2013, 09:41
I'm suprised that this story is still being talked about

iwasthere - there's 3 sides to the story, the student's side, the Wings Boss' side, and the real truth. The news pieces were very one sided towards the students. Some of these students were far from innocent victims as well, some with a few skeletons in their closet.

I do not condone assault and what the Wings boss has done etc... but it frustrates me when people patronise some of the students that appeared on TV when some facts given by them in the news report regarding the organization were truths being twisted

das Uber Soldat
29th May 2013, 08:24
An Indian flying student not telling the truth?

Perish the thought.

theinsider
10th Mar 2014, 12:09
I enjoyed my time working there :cool:

theinsider
11th Mar 2014, 00:59
New Zealand's lucrative market for foreign students is under the spotlight after a group of Indian students say they were assaulted, ripped off and forced to fly in unsafe conditions at a Palmerston North flight school.

ONE News was first contacted a year and a half ago by a desperate group of Indian students who said they were being physically abused by their flight instructor, who also had control of their accommodation and their visas.

The students at Wings Flight Training Academy say they were assaulted by their chief instructor Ravindra Singh who would hit them while they were flying, causing them to lose control.

"He hit me... and banged me on the aircraft window," one of the students told ONE News.

When approached, Singh denied the allegations, but on Friday, he was found guilty of assaulting two students.

Three others also say they were assaulted.

"I was bleeding like anything and my shirt was full of blood and I told him, 'Sir, I cannot fly'. And he was like, 'No, no, no, I want you to fly right now'," said a student.

Three of Singh's students were certified medically unfit to fly due to stress. One tried to commit suicide.

"He has mentally tortured us so much, we don't concentrate on flying studies, we are scared of him," said student Arjun Ghai.

The Civil Aviation Authority grounded three of Wings' planes, finding loose nuts, missing screws and outdated maps. It also cancelled Singh's pilot license, and Wings flight school has been liquidated.

Most of the students have returned to India, but without their qualifications and without a refund of their fees.

Singh will be sentenced on the assault charges next year.