PDA

View Full Version : Strips with hangars (or space for) in the north west?

aeroturbo
7th Oct 2011, 19:15
I have a Rans S6 at Sleap aerodrome. Unfortunately hangarage is like hens teeth and the one I rent is too small to take the Rans without problems (long story). :uhoh:
Does anyone have (or know of) a strip in Cheshire, north Shropshire, north Wales, or south Lancs with hangar space or space for building one?
Thanks!

NJTCF
8th Oct 2011, 10:10
Have you had a look at Shifnal- Mill Farm. Home of The Wrekin Flying Microlight Club.

www. wrekinmfc. co. uk or google them.

magpienja
8th Oct 2011, 14:09
I was going to suggest Ashcroft as well.

NJTCF
8th Oct 2011, 17:55
Have you had a look at Chirk Ley Farm. Or Ince Blundell.

Then Theres Rhuallt just of the A55 Greenlands + Bryngwyn Bach.

magpienja
8th Oct 2011, 18:21
Or even Caernarfon/Mona...only 1 hour by road from Chester.

Nick.

Mariner9
9th Oct 2011, 08:07
Your location is listed as Chester, have you thought of Chrisleton? A lovely strip right on your doorstep. (sadly no longer accepting visitors but ok for home based aircraft)

magpienja
9th Oct 2011, 08:58
Mmmmm Hawarden?????

Squadgy
9th Oct 2011, 09:06
Barton is South Lancs. Very active with people flying similar types. Give Mary a ring on 0161 789 1362 and she'll be happy to discuss hangarage arrangements with you :ok:

DavidWoodward
29th Dec 2012, 21:45
Barton is South Lancs. Very active with people flying similar types. Give Mary a ring on 0161 789 1362 and she'll be happy to discuss hangarage arrangements with you :ok:

A very long list for hangarage at Barton so you'll be waiting a while. As far as I know, Mary is still off after falling ill earlier in the year but I may be mistaken. That said, Barton is a great airfield to fly from and I'll be based there for a long time.