PDA

View Full Version : Tasair training/employment

DancingDog
7th Oct 2011, 11:33
I'm looking for a flight school to train at to get my ppl,cpl,mecir and nvfr. I currently live in Melbourne and would like to know if it worth moving to tassie to do training with Tasair because of the chance of employment with them after completion .
So to make it clear my question is what is the chance of getting employed by Tasair for my first job as a pilot if I train with them? I understand that if this does happen it will almost certainly not happen straight away.

jas24zzk
7th Oct 2011, 13:39
Not sure on how Tasair is on honouring its future employment options (if you train with us) but past history from similar companies tells me none/nada/zip.

Your best bet on this question is to patiently await some responses, and check your private messages everytime you log in, as not all people here want to advise you in the public domain.

My experience is that a promise of employment with a company if you train with them, should be taken at face value. Be VERY carefull..if you are asked to sign a training contract outside of the majors, run like hell!!! or at least get some advice from people in the industry on the contract..........do not rely on your dad for this, unless he is flying jets himself.

be patient for them responses.

Jas

:ok:

PLovett
7th Oct 2011, 21:31
DD, some major changes are afoot with Tasair at present. My advice is to wait a while to see what emerges. You will be in a better position to decide then.

No, I have nothing to do with Tasair but am an interested onlooker in the recent manoeuvrings between various players.

DancingDog
8th Oct 2011, 03:48
Thanks guys:)

MakeItHappenCaptain
8th Oct 2011, 16:14
Try this thread,
http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/465713-tasair-training-then-employment.html#post6740086

Aerodynamisist
8th Oct 2011, 21:10
Ring the chief pilot/ cfi lay your cards on the table and see what he has to say.