PDA

View Full Version : Broomhead Brothers

NQAC
7th Oct 2011, 05:47
Ken & Dick Broomhead will be at the NQ Aero Club, Cairns, for a chat and a beer on Thursday 13th October at 6pm. These lads learnt to fly at the NQ Aero Club in 1963 and both completed their PPL's there. There has been many hours flown in PNG and Aus and two very sucessful airline careers to follow that PPL all those years ago. Dick being a Senior Check B747 Captain with Qantas and Ken having been Chief Pilot of Ansett 747's and then with Singapore Airlines and Tiger, these two fella's have some good stories to tell and a wee bit of advice to pass on as they both face retirement. The bar will be open! :ok:
RSVP [email protected]

Frank Arouet
7th Oct 2011, 07:27
I guess they remembers VH-IRW?

I'm proud to be part of it's history.

Defenestrator
7th Oct 2011, 10:02
How ironic. Darryl Brumby is in TL this weekend. Remember one or both of the above mentioned chaps attending his 65 B'day (or was it his retirement?) in MA many years ago.

Good blokes, great night.:ok:

mustafagander
7th Oct 2011, 10:13
For those old buggers like me who have known Dick for many a long year, it ought to be one hell of a get together. Pity I'll be away, I might otherwise consider making the trip.

I trust that Dick will have plenty of "the red infuriator"!!

Dog One
8th Oct 2011, 10:15
Does Daryl still like a wee drop of Cascade?

Capt Fathom
8th Oct 2011, 10:41
Whilst wishing no disrespect to the Broomhead boys, surely every Aeroclub in Australia has seen some of their past students move on to great careers over the years!

Feather #3
12th Oct 2011, 04:21
My suggestion for attendees is to ensure they take a cab home!:ok:

G'day ;)

tail wheel
12th Oct 2011, 05:21
Is Dick shouting? :eek:

He certainly made a very significant contribution to the PNG liquor trade in PNG over the years! :}

tinpis
12th Oct 2011, 12:06
Whilst wishing no disrespect to the Broomhead boys, surely every Aeroclub in Australia has seen some of their past students move on to great careers over the years!

Not while drinking beer in industrial quantities they haven't

Have a nice day Dick and Ken, would have love to be there but alas cannot.

Wally Mk2
12th Oct 2011, 23:14
I've had the pleasure of flying just once with two pilots in my career that I admire. Ken Broomhead & good 'ole Shutty (Arthur Schutt of MB fame), the latter long since left us. Both men although entirely different I felt added to my flying career.
Ken, give yourself a well earned break:ok:

Wmk2