PDA

View Full Version : QF Load Control

Tiger01
6th Oct 2011, 08:26
I've got a interview on Monday for Qantas Load control.
Going in with an open mind, Not really sure what to expect?
Do people generally enjoy load control at QF ?

Any Advice would be aprecciated!

Scamp Damp
6th Oct 2011, 10:46
Hope you passed Maths at school?

Keg
6th Oct 2011, 13:07
Well, if the current load control set up is any indication it'll go like this.

1. Set up load control office and staff it.
2. Give negotiated pay rises each year for a decade.
3. After that decade, stall on negotiations with union and deny rumors that you're going to make heaps of people redundant.
4. Accidentally send email regarding said redundancies to a ground staff person with similar name to HR manager.
5. When union presents evidence of planned redundancies, bring forward plans and give staff their notice.
6. Advertise for new load controllers in SYD on terms and conditions what they were a decade ago.

So as long as you're not expecting to make a career out of it you should be fine for the next 5-10 years.

And QF have the hide to accuse staff of conduct that is inappropriate. :ugh: :rolleyes:

mcgrath50
6th Oct 2011, 14:00
When managers type the wrong thing in they look stupid, when a pilot types the wrong thing in the plow a plane through the runway lighting at Melbourne.

Fris B. Fairing
6th Oct 2011, 21:13
... and be prepared to work in a call centre and never lay eyes an aeroplane.

rammel
8th Oct 2011, 09:44
Exactly what Keg said. I currently work in Load Control and like everything, it's not as good as it once was. In regards to SYD Load Control, once the changes are made and settled if not before, they will be looking for someone cheaper. They will deny, but rest assured they will be.

Having said that, it did used to be a job where you did have to know your stuff, but now the system does most of your thinking for you. Though the system is not perfect, it is a giant leap ahead of the older systems that were in place from the 60's? and 70's that the systems before were based on.

These days it really is just like a call centre. You pretty much set every flight up the same way, then work like a battery hen. I'm disapponted about how this all happened (happened as Keg spelt out), but now looking forward to what happens next.