PDA

View Full Version : Tommy the Typhoon 'Helps' RAF settle in

MightyHunter AGE
4th Oct 2011, 15:30
Spotlight On Forres & District (http://issuu.com/wintmedia/docs/forres_oct_2011_web/38)

Tommy the Typhoon "thinks" that his helpers are called airmen, glad to see he knows about the same as his pilots then! He also thinks its great that Kinloss has shut with the loss of hundreds of jobs and a maritime capability but "thinks" the helpers called squaddies will be great for the local area. Wow!
Whoever signed this off should be shot!
Cheerio the noo!
chin chin.

Hoots
4th Oct 2011, 15:34
The ar*e that wrote this should be paraded and flogged. They really have lost the plot!!!

Spit161
4th Oct 2011, 15:36
I find it weird that "Tommy" looks nothing like a Typhoon...

cheers,
Jake.

son of brommers
4th Oct 2011, 15:38
pass me the puke bucket...................DOH, that went as part of the SDR!

The Old Fat One
4th Oct 2011, 16:01
If anybody from RAF PR is looking in here...

You have got this so wrong. Heads should roll.

PS

I would hope this is on the way to the local MPs at the relevant locales as I type.

Stuff
4th Oct 2011, 16:01
Whoever signed this off should be shot!

You are assuming that this is an official Media and Comms product. It certainly doesn't look like one to me.

NutLoose
4th Oct 2011, 16:08
Tommy looked out over the apron and wondered where all the Airman had gone that he knew,
And then it dawned on Tommy, we had just had a Strategic Defence Review.............

The Old Fat One
4th Oct 2011, 16:09
I would agree accept that it appears to have the RAF logo on it. You cannot use the RAF logo without RAF permission.

Winco
4th Oct 2011, 16:15
Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh Dear!

To whoever is responsible for this drivel - stunning!

Words fail me frankly

grandfer
4th Oct 2011, 16:22
I can't believe what I've just read , who writes this cr@p ? Worse still , what is the mentality of the people that this rubbish is aimed at ?:eek::ooh::eek:

The Old Fat One
4th Oct 2011, 16:27
Come on journo's

Time to make yourself useful!

Duncan D'Sorderlee
4th Oct 2011, 16:27
TOFO,

I think that you meant that one 'shouldn't' use the RAF logo without the RAF's permission rather than 'cannot'. I think you'll find that you can!

Duncs:ok:

Biggus
4th Oct 2011, 16:54
Another outrage bus departing - "all aboard"!

Alternatively, given everything else that has been going on, you could forget about it and get on with your life.....

A2QFI
4th Oct 2011, 17:32
For some people the RAF IS their life - even in the face of this cretinous drivel! Still there is so much crap going on another bucketful won't matter.

ex-fast-jets
4th Oct 2011, 17:35
But it also mentions that "Tony the Tank", Tommy's cousin, may be moving into the neighbourhood to a place called Kinloss, with his best friends called "squaddies"!!

What a lovely story!

Can't wait to see the film and read the sequel!!

Fox Four
4th Oct 2011, 17:37
Tommy was most aggrieved that his friend ‘Henry the Harrier’ had been retired from service. After blowing ‘Tariq the Taliban’ sky high, Henry had a huge following, and many agreed the retirement was premature.

He also mourned the loss of his other friends,

Jerry the Jaguar
Nigel the Nimrod
Sammy the Snatch Land Rover
Timmy the Tornado (Oops sorry, thats in the next chapter)

Goodnight.....

Fox Four
4th Oct 2011, 17:38
Who does L@nd R0ver change to Land Rover?

Biggus
4th Oct 2011, 17:38
It's one page in a local free magazine which is full of adverts (20% off home improvements, festive menu and vouchers for a local hotel, etc) for local businesses and community news.

It is aimed at joe public, most of whom can't tell the difference between a Tornado and a Typhoon, and is intended to thank the local community for the efforts they made in keeping Lossiemouth open.

It is well intended, if a little on the condescending side. Give it a rest, there are far worst things going on at the moment to get irate about!!

MFC_Fly
4th Oct 2011, 17:45
I bet Tommy isn't looking forward to his helpers not being well enough to help him because of the "parties" with the helpers of his cousin Tony in Elgin every Saturday night!! :ouch:

snowball1
4th Oct 2011, 18:15
Have you seen the Forres locals? cartoons are entirely suitable!

davejb
4th Oct 2011, 18:33
Have you seen the Forres locals? cartoons are entirely suitable!

Oh dear, back to the joined up thinking course for you my lad...

Wensleydale
4th Oct 2011, 18:47
The follow up will no-doubt appear in the Northern Scot......Timmy the Tank's friends, the squaddies, go on the whisky trail.

The locals will love it. I remember the reports from court being published under the big headline, "RAF Officer Found Guilty". It appeared that the miscreant, who was named and identified as an Englishman, had been found travelling at 40 mph in the 30 limit outside Kinloss (the weekly speed trap struck again). Meanwhile, all the burglars and violent drunks got a very brief mention in the blurb under.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
4th Oct 2011, 18:54
Wensleydale,

I can't believe that the English officer drove with such reckless abandon. Name and shame, I say!;)

I also remember 'RAF Officer's wife found guilty!' shocker - for the very same reason (although she's Scottish).

The past is another country; they do things differently there.

Duncs:ok:

betty swallox
4th Oct 2011, 19:26
....still taking nothing away from the fact that the Tommy nonsense is a shocker....

FODPlod
4th Oct 2011, 19:53
No mention of a fat air traffic controller then?

nice castle
4th Oct 2011, 20:28
Best bit of staffwork I've seen in ages...

diginagain
4th Oct 2011, 20:37
Wasn't a Jervis Media production, perchance?

Scuttled
4th Oct 2011, 21:31
It sounds like a smashing read, but I can't seem to open it. I feel like I am missing out.

TheWizard
4th Oct 2011, 22:02
For a local magazine that calls itself

"The North's Favourite Free Wee Mag!"

it seems about the right level!! :)

grandfer
5th Oct 2011, 17:11
Does that mean everone's free to wee on it ? Because that what it deserves !!!!!!:yuk::mad:

Jayand
5th Oct 2011, 17:16
Oh dear, knickers in a twist about nothing springs to mind.
Biggus you are spot on.

essexlad
5th Oct 2011, 23:06
Whoever wrote this (or whoever sent this 4 year olds letter ) in to this magazine should be shot. there could not be a more insensitive way of putting this out to the local population of Forres and Elgin. Yes, we understand that there is going to be a masive change in what is happening to the local area. But do we need to be told in some childish manner what is going to be happening in the future? I highly doubt it.

People watch and read the news for a reason these day you know!

Finningley Boy
5th Oct 2011, 23:35
Personally,

I think it reads rather sweet.:p

FB:)