PDA

View Full Version : Another airworthy Hunter

hunty
4th Oct 2011, 14:22
Gents

After over three years of being stored at Exeter, Hunter XL573 has been restored back to airworthy condition by Hunter Flying Ltd. The aircraft performed its first test flight today and is now fully serviceable.

The aircraft still retains its 12 Squadron markings from its days at
RAF Honington and RAF Lossiemouth.

Cheers

Hunty :D

foldingwings
4th Oct 2011, 14:36
Congratulations - I seem to recall you had a thread running about XL573 earlier this year where you were trying to:

put together an article of any interesting, or amusing stories from any pilots who flew her

How did it go? Published anything yet?

Foldie:ok:

jindabyne
4th Oct 2011, 14:42
I once saved its life - does that qualify me for a no-cost re-famil??

I'd throw a painting in ;)

newt
4th Oct 2011, 15:38
Oh Jindy! I think you might be a bit too old for that now! All that G and high speed could upset your ticker!!:ooh:

hunty
4th Oct 2011, 16:17
Foldie

I received a number of interesting stories from guys who had flown and worked on 573 and I gave the booklet to the then owner of the aircraft.

I think he appreciated it?

Hunty ;)

N.HEALD
4th Oct 2011, 17:22
Excellent news to hear that shes back in the air, congratulations!

I always lust after her as I go past her to the G-VIZZ hangar, are you going to keep her in the current colour scheme?

Congrats again

Nige

matkat
5th Oct 2011, 08:47
Was XL 573 also at Laarbruch with XV sqn. IIRC if it was it retained the 12 sqn markings.

foldingwings
5th Oct 2011, 09:14
Look here for the full story:

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/317100-hunter-xl573.html

Foldie:p

jindabyne
5th Oct 2011, 10:34
Newt! You could well be right, but it'd be a fairly decent sort of way to exit :eek:

Green Flash
5th Oct 2011, 10:40
Bu&&er. Just had two weeks at Exeter. Left on the 1st and missed the flight. Bu&&er, bu&&er and thrice bu&&er.

Nice one Hunty, is she off to QinetiQ to earn her living?