PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand license conversion to PNG

sahni
4th Oct 2011, 08:58
I have a NZ CPL with ME/IR rating and CAANZ ATPL theory credits. My total time would be almost good for an ATPL issue if I was in Australia, but unfortunately NZ does not have a "Frozen ATPL".

Anyone done a license conversion from New Zealand to PNG and could give some advise?

lilflyboy262
9th Oct 2011, 18:39
Why go for a PNG one where you are comparing to Aussie ATPL?

I would assume that if you are going to PNG that the companies would look after the conversion as most of the adverts that I have seen have been only asking for NZ/Aus CPLs. Not asking for a PNG Cpl

sahni
9th Oct 2011, 23:00
Thanks for your reply lilflyboy262!

I've heard from someone who is working in PNG that CAANZ ATPL subjects don't count in PNG, which in turn means a NZ CPL/IR can't be used to work (in PNG) towards a full ATPL. Am I right?

Cheers

Granny
10th Oct 2011, 06:32
sahni
Fairly straight forward to get your PNG CPL based on your NZ one. Simply sit PNG law and a the company you are going to work for will take care of the ride within their check and training structure. You can go online to Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Papua New Guinea (http://www.casapng.gov.pg) and go to legisation and read part 61 online.

sahni
10th Oct 2011, 09:24
Thanks Granny for pointing me to their website. For some reason I was looking at www (http://www.casr.gov.pg) which doesn't contain any useful content.

Unfortunately, from what I understand reading PNG's AC61-7, they accept only ATPL theory credits examined/issued by CASA. So it seems my CAANZ credits are pretty useless in PNG :-(

Granny
11th Oct 2011, 08:38
I would email or call them regarding your NZ ATPL credits, seems PNG CASA have formed a close alengence with NZ CAA regarding rules etc

bugburd
9th Mar 2012, 04:45
Hi sahni, how did you get on finding out whether NZ ATPL subjects are recognised in PNG?

I have a NZ CPL and I'm looking at heading to PNG in a year or so, I want to sit exams that are reconised over there too. I spoke to a guy at the CASA PNG licencing department over the phone. He mentioned that they recognise ATPL exams from most countries and do so also with NZ subjects. I would like to get all my NZ ATPL subjects before going buy only if they are recognised.

Has anyone with an NZ CPL and NZ ATPL subjects been able to gain a PNG ATPL or know if it is possible???

Cheers in advance :ok: