PDA

View Full Version : Jepp mobile update problems

Jabawocky
3rd Oct 2011, 09:45
Is anyone having problems updating their iPad Jepp charts. The current cycle refuses to play nice:*

sleeve of wizard
3rd Oct 2011, 09:50
nope, jepp fd updated 2 days ago with latest charts.:ok:

sagan
3rd Oct 2011, 09:58
Something is wrong there. The postal amendment service is a mess and has been for weeks.

gobbledock
3rd Oct 2011, 10:21
jaba, I updated mine this morning, no problems. A couple of mates however who fly in QLD and NT that I spoke to today had problems with their ipad Jepp's. May be a top end type issue?

tmpffisch
3rd Oct 2011, 10:49
Yep, my JeppFD is failing its update. I emailed them last night and they said they're working on it (until then though...its outta date...). The mailed amendments are a complete mess at the moment too.

Anyone notice they deleted a lot of military use aerodromes? What happens if I declare an emergency and need somewhere to land quick?

Hasselhof
3rd Oct 2011, 10:54
There was a service bulletin about the military aerodromes being deleted an amendment or two ago. Don't have mine handy but you'll find it there.

Capt Claret
3rd Oct 2011, 11:12
The problem seems widespread, and Jeppesen's response poor.

However, for a fix, follow the following procedure.

Close all Apps (double click home button, press on one icon so that all vibrate and have an - on top left corner, then tap on the -s to close each app.
Open Settings on iPad, navigate to Jepp App, then in right pane, make note of serial number (4 groups of 4 characters).
Select Reset User Settings & Deactivate to ON in JeppFD, or Reset/Deactivate to ON in JeppTC. If you have both Apps, do one at a time.
When App asks for name & serial number, enter as appropriate (but only do one App at a time, and close it before repeating for second App)
Navigate to UPDATE in App, all data will download and App will revert to default state. All customised settings will have to be reset.

A wireless network will be better than 3G. :ok:

Jabawocky
3rd Oct 2011, 11:19
Thanks Clarrie :ok:

Funny enough I had exactly that advice just a moment ago. You must share the same IT experts ;) :ok:

Will try it in the morning :)

3rd Oct 2011, 11:25
Hi guys, I have just downloaded the free bit of the app but have just seen this serial number bizzo.

All I want to get is the AIP, no charts etc. Can this be done and if so, any ideas on how much?

Capt Claret
3rd Oct 2011, 11:47
The App is free but requires a current & valid subscription to JeppView to use it.

Jabawocky
3rd Oct 2011, 21:23
Capt Claret :D

Works a treat, except the long download, but hey whatever it takes.

Anyone kow when the User Waypoint feature will be released?

Capt Claret
4th Oct 2011, 01:03
Nurries Jaba. I actually got the procedure from F/O DP Bloggs who obviously rattled Jeppesen's cage more than I.

Jabawocky
4th Oct 2011, 01:29
F/O DP Bloggs

Has he been demoted :uhoh:

Surely not :}

Capt Claret
4th Oct 2011, 02:24
Not THAT Bloggs. That Bloggs is still living in the last century and won't embrace things Apple! http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3JEOrzYS-kt0IzKk9V35jNnScPwKZC2WIcBpak43140XdBAT3NA :p

Jabawocky
4th Oct 2011, 03:15
One of them OLD FARTS huh? :E

Triple Captain
4th Oct 2011, 03:46
Does the FD app work ok in aus? I have heard some drivers having trouble with the jepp app.

Capn Bloggs
4th Oct 2011, 05:19
http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w334/capnbloggs/AndroideatingApple.jpg

:}

morno
5th Oct 2011, 05:34
Apparently Jeppessen made a bit of a boo boo and assumed that as you can't land at a military airfield in the US (as a civilian), then the same applies in Australia. So delete all the charts.......... until someone realised that's not the case and all those charts will be going back in, in Revision 20.

morno

MakeItHappenCaptain
5th Oct 2011, 06:31
I spoke to jeppesen last week about the military use aerodromes being withdrawn on the training and safety standpoints (tried getting a PILS at Bris lately???) and they said Willytown had accidentally been withdrawn as well (dual use). They will be amending this next issue. Whether or not this means all mil will return remains to be seen.

Took three follow up calls to get all amdmts from Aug sent.:rolleyes:

Dog One
5th Oct 2011, 13:03
Rang Jepp's when revision 17 was overdue. They sent a copy from Canberra. Today in the mail the original revision 17 turned up, only a month late! Revision 19 on time. (Wonders will never cease!). Now we have the military foul up. Lucky I kept the charts from 19, especially Willytown.

It would appear that the once top service Jeppesen organisation is no more!

MACH082
5th Oct 2011, 22:03
I didn't receive 17 and 18.

I rang them to complain and get them sent out. A week later I received two copies of 19 in the post.

I then received a package from DHL with 17 18 and 19!

So I now have 3 x copies of revision 19! Anyone need a spare?

Jabawocky
5th Oct 2011, 22:17
Ditto

Just received 19 and still no 17 or 18.

So do I wait or request again?

So when you get ramped you can say , which do you want to see, my legal but out of date paper jepps or the not legal but up to date and accurate iPad Jepps?:}

wishiwasupthere
5th Oct 2011, 22:17
Received 17 and 19 today, but no 18!!! C'mon Jepps, surely it can't be that hard!

Jabawocky
6th Oct 2011, 00:31
And uess what arrived in the mail today....... yep No17, so I have had 19 for a week, 17 just arrived, any bets on when 18 turns up :rolleyes:

morno
6th Oct 2011, 02:29
I'm guessing when you're up to Revision 23.

What on earth is going on at Jeppessen? Why can't they get revisions out on time? And when they do, they stuff them up.

What is it going to take for them to clean up their act and deliver your revisions on time and correctly?

morno

Jabawocky
6th Oct 2011, 02:53
.......everyone demanding a fresh new set every two weeks instead of an update pack :E

PLovett
6th Oct 2011, 09:51
I have been having a very haphazard service all year. Where, once, I received the amendments every fortnight on about the same day of the week now they are all over the shop.

This came to a head this week when update #19 arrived but no #17 & 18. However, to the Australian office's credit, a quick phone call and the amendments arrived 2 days later, along with one of the missing amendments in the mail.

When questioning the lady in the Canberra office she advised that they are aware of the problem and are trying to rectify it. Incidentally, I have always found the Canberra Jeppesen office to be incredibly helpful. More power to them. :ok:

Jabawocky
6th Oct 2011, 22:46
Hey guess what just arrived in the post box today? :ooh:

Yes No. 18

Now its sit down for an hour and :zzz:

If anyone wants to buy an up to date set of paper Jepps let me know.....I am about to join the almost paperless cockpit.

Capt Claret
22nd Dec 2011, 13:58
JeppFD crashed during an update this evening. Me accidentally pressing the home key part way through the update may have been instrumental in this crash. However, all further update attempts failed until after the reset procedure outlined on the previous page.:hmm: