PDA

View Full Version : Lightspeed Sierra's?

anothertwit
1st Oct 2011, 13:47
Forgive me if it's been asked before but would really appreciate any feedback on them, good or bad.

Would like to upgrade to an ANR set from my 11yr old DC's but being a GA driver with a young family, price has a bit to do with my decision making.

All opinions greatly appreciated

:)

Desert185
1st Oct 2011, 14:08
My wife needed an upgrade from her 20G in the 185. We tried the Sierra, but she (and I) didn't like it, because it didn't fit properly to seal out noise. We traded for the original Zulu, like mine. No issues.

As a side note, when I was flying a Twin Otter the company had Bose headsets, but all the pilots bought their own Zulus. Much more comfortable after 5-10 hours of daily flying.

Can't recommend the Sierra.

Kelly Slater
1st Oct 2011, 23:17
Lightspeed have a trade up program for their Zulu 2 at the moment. $200 for your DCs and a strong Aussie dollar, probably the best time to buy, ever.

Iflyjad
2nd Oct 2011, 23:04
I own a pair of Sierra headsets and being a PPL only fly a few hours a week. They are a good headset for the price, are comfortable on me and generally work well across a variety of GA aircraft I fly. But they are not in the same class as the Zulus and I regret not going for the Zulus in the first place.