PDA

View Full Version : Emirates

Koninc01
30th Sep 2011, 16:15
Hi Guys

I'm in the "business aviation" world for more then 11 years flying all around the world and I' getting tired out of all the last minutes changes, no routines, all the work on the crew shoulders, etc, etc...
I wanna go back to the airlines, get some routine, relaxed flights and wait for my retirement .

I'm now in the recruitment process to Emirates: any advices? how long is the career progression? still ok to live in Dubai?

Thanks!

Wizofoz
30th Sep 2011, 17:13
I'm not sure, but there MAY have been some information posted here previously....:hmm:

Maybe a search might help??

fatbus
1st Oct 2011, 01:18
Short answer, plan on 7 years for upgrade ( 380/350/77NG ) and I think EK will be around for a long time.You make the best of Dubai yourself, dont listen to those who are always putting it down, I ve been here 10 years job is good dubai Im tired with , but its ok.

Dlink13
1st Oct 2011, 22:25
Does anyone know if EK are taking DEC's or if not are they planning to take DEC's????

Left Coaster
2nd Oct 2011, 07:26
Right out of the recruitment office...No and No...(but never say never!):eek:

claude_paris
2nd Oct 2011, 07:49
Hi everyone!!

I am new to the forum so I would like to introduce myself:

being flying for 9 years, all jet time, most of it in "major" companies in europe but unlucky enough to get furlough by all.

Now, I am giving a serious thought to EK, I have a grasp of most pros and cons and willing to jump on it.

I had some questions regarding the selection process and the condition in Dubai and found all the answers in the forums.

One question though that I could not find answer is the following:

Will EK accept you with PRK eyes surgery been successful?

Thanks for all that would take the time to answer the question.

Regards
claude_paris

r0v3r
3rd Oct 2011, 21:10
I'm pretty sure EK does not take DEC's, but I'm aware of a couple of cases where there were exceptions, and of course for UK guys.

woofer
4th Oct 2011, 04:55
R0v3r

That's not true. EK recruited DEC's from the States too

Left Coaster
4th Oct 2011, 06:48
DEC's...hired by the dozens up until last year or so! From all over the aviation world! Not a popular move for some but deemed fine by the company...

Fart Master
4th Oct 2011, 08:58
r0v3r..........absolute hores**t. Out of the last 20 DEC's hired only 3 were British.

Left Coaster, the last DEC was hired on 17th November 2008. And they only hired the last 20 over a period of 12-13 months leading up to the last one.

Left Coaster
4th Oct 2011, 11:42
I stand corrected...thanks!:ok: