PDA

View Full Version : Regional Airline Captains

Captain Nomad
30th Sep 2011, 05:25
Hey what happened to the Rex PICUS thread?

Is Rex concerned that pilots are discussing something that might get out into the public arena? ie, that in Australia soon there maybe regional airline captains with the lowest amount of solo command experience ever? Despite all pointers in the industry and the leads of our favourite cousin, the USA, pointing in a different direction, and our senate inquiry recommendations seeming to agree, we in Australia are about to forge on ahead into a brave new world of command-inexperienced captains in low capacity RPT. Why shouldn't this be allowed as a point of discussion? :confused: :ugh:

KRUSTY 34
30th Sep 2011, 05:40
OK Guys, I owe an appolgy.

The REX PICUS thread was information that probably shouldn't have been released when it was. The detail of the scheme will come out in due course. I most definitely stand by the comments I made, including my belief that many of the former REX Cadets will one day make good Captains.

No muzzeling or coersion, I just deleted the thread so as not to jeapodise some hard work going on behind the scenes.

:E

Stiff Under Carriage
30th Sep 2011, 06:27
Interesting comments KRUSTY, change of heart?

Your comments are on the flip side of your coin.

I too was wondering about the thread and had PM'd you, no response though.

Captain Nomad
30th Sep 2011, 08:30
I BET there's hard work going on behind the scenes... :E Whether it is in the best interests of the travelling public remains to be seen...

Okay Krusty, if you deleted the thread by choice I have nothing further to say for now. Glad it wasn't removed due to corporate action or biased moderating that's all.

I presume we'll get another go to discuss the issue with more information in due course...

KRUSTY 34
30th Sep 2011, 09:19
Gidday SUC, sorry I didn't respond personaly, but I only saw the PM notification after I posted. Not much more to add really, only I definitely haven't had a change of heart.

Be interesting to see it all when made public. :confused:

eocvictim
30th Sep 2011, 13:46
Rex importing not only Asian business models.

A37575
30th Sep 2011, 15:15
including my belief that many of the former REX Cadets will one day make good Captains.

With hopefully more than just skills at monitoring the automatic pilot:ok:

BackdoorBandit
1st Oct 2011, 12:18
REX, the airline crewed by kids! Oh yeah I feel secure!