PDA

View Full Version : CASA CPL & ATPL AIRLAW

TSRABECOMING
29th Sep 2011, 15:37
I am in the process of sitting CASA CPL & ATPL Airlaw exam. What is the difference in both exam??

Hakeem
29th Sep 2011, 17:36
Both are more or less same!!! You get a lot of stuffs about IFR and RPTs and little more added in ATPL

WannaBeBiggles
29th Sep 2011, 19:45
As Hakeem said, almost the same, but with quite a few added items which you would have found in IREX, plus the added multi-crew flight and duty questions.

If you haven't done your IREX you'll find that there is quite a lot of new content in it compared to CPL Air Law.

TSRABECOMING
8th Oct 2011, 13:46
How many questions (in %) do we have to open the CAR/CAO? I found that it is hard to open the CAO because there is no table of content.

How can I quickly find a page related to particular questions ? any tricks/practicing methods?
Cheers,
TS

MakeItHappenCaptain
8th Oct 2011, 15:37
Open your CAO's BEFORE the day of the exam, get your head around the content presented in your textbook and reference it to where it is in the docs.

It's an open book exam. Use the book.

TSRABECOMING
24th Oct 2011, 15:14
will the questions be arranged in groups of topics or mixing? i.e. EMERG, FLT RULES etc

TSRABECOMING
7th Nov 2011, 00:05
i 'm going to sit the exam soon. I noticed that practice exams also have reference to CAR/CAO/ AIP etc. next to each question.
Is it also available in the real exam? o

WannaBeBiggles
7th Nov 2011, 00:35
i 'm going to sit the exam soon. I noticed that practice exams also have reference to CAR/CAO/ AIP etc. next to each question.
Is it also available in the real exam?

The CASA exams expect you to know where to look, they will NOT tell you.

i.e. where would you look to find info on MEL's for your particular operation?

will the questions be arranged in groups of topics or mixing? i.e. EMERG, FLT RULES etc

Questions are completely randomised so it's purely luck of the draw. Get to know where to look and get used to switching between the volumes of regs quickly for each question.

Most of all RTFQ ;)

Bladeangle
7th Nov 2011, 06:54
Strip every thing to do with helicopter, gyrocopter, air balloon, multi-crew pilot licence, ag etc out of your docs, just leave in the relevant stuff for your exam.

This will cut the size of the docs right in half, less to look through!

ATPL, a lot on equipment required for RPT, flight and duty, docs to be carried, carriage of pax, IREX.

Goodluck.