PDA

View Full Version : Paris Issy le Moulineaux

Aucky
29th Sep 2011, 12:54
From the AIP for the Paris heliport:

Use for private flights :
Captains, holders of professional licenses and having frequented the heliport within the last 24 months, must have received within a public transport or air work institution, the specific formation specified above, applied to their type of aircraft.

Other captains in general aviation destined to use the heliport must have performed an arrival and a departure under supervision of an authorized flight instructor. The flight instructor must dispense a theoretical training before the flight, explaining the specificities and special instructions of the heliport.
The profit of these trainings is kept for captains having frequented the heliport within the last 24 months.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it as strict as they suggest in practice? I hold a CPL(H)FI and have never visited the site but I'm keen to and have seen approach/departure videos and spoken with others who have used the site. I would like to know if any training is really necessary. Has anyone been in recently undertaken the training or been in without? is it checked/enforced ? (I heard that this was never a requirement in the past and don't know when it was introduced).

Cheers, Aucky

puntosaurus
29th Sep 2011, 14:33
One of our pilots certified himself ! As long as it's on official looking paper and has lots of curliques and fancy language, the French will love it.

delta3
29th Sep 2011, 20:02
I have the permit and can give you the name of a licensed examiner.

The permit is about knowing the routes and demonstrating the steep landing procedures with one landing and take-off

Fly with you heli to Toussus, pick up the examiner. I a few hours you should be done.

d3

puntosaurus
29th Sep 2011, 20:42
HaHaHa. Full employment in the eurozone !

oxi
30th Sep 2011, 05:22
Issy is a special little heliport I spent some time operating there a couple of years ago, make sure you are familiar with the routes as they require strict adhearence to the departures and approach, usualy via the Seine River and ring road. For memory you must remain outside the airspace for one hour to stop joyflights I guess.

Fantastic place the Eiffel Tower is right in your face as you get airborne.

Aucky
1st Oct 2011, 14:41
so do we think it is necessary to do a training flight (from an enforcement point of view)? I am happy with the nav features and steep approaches. Is it a case of get it right an no one will ask any questions, get it wrong and get the book thrown at you? or something that would be routinely checked/ramp checked...?

puntosaurus
1st Oct 2011, 18:46
Aucky, you've quoted and presumably read the rules (https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/dossier/aicfrancea/AIC_A_2010_15_EN.pdf). So you know what you have to do to comply. I've never been asked for a passport, let alone a helisurface permit, or Issy certification. But there's always a first time ....

OvertHawk
2nd Oct 2011, 09:42
Aucky

I've been ramp checked twice at Issy in recent years - aircraft docs, passports etc.

It's worth remembering what the big glass building right beside the Heliport with DGAC written on it is!

There is a movement afoot to restrict the operations of the heliport. Combine this with a couple of local operators who have a vested interest in selling you the training and you have a situation where there is a high likelihood of being spotted and/or reported.

It's your choice - but i don't advise getting into a pi$$ing contest with the DGAC and Gendamerie on their doorstep. Not unless you want to get the Eurostar home.

OH

chopper2004
13th Jan 2012, 23:34
Reading the August-September issue of Helicopter Magazine Europe and theres a little article regarding the aggressive protest by the French union of helicopter pilots against the Sarkozy parliament with regard to the proposed closure of the main heliport within the city.

Can anyone shed light on this issue at hand and has the heliport has its final days?

Its my understanding that the landing fees at the Issy heliport is cheaper than Battersea!

Cheers and have a great weekend

ShyTorque
13th Jan 2012, 23:43
Its my understanding that the landing fees at the Issy heliport is cheaper than Battersea!

Is anywhere more expensive than Battersea?

Which, incidentally, is up for sale again, despite earlier denials from it's owner..

101BOY
4th Feb 2012, 14:46
Sale due to be finalised Monday apparently.

Aucky
4th Feb 2012, 16:34
Does anyone know someone based north/east of Paris who I could visit for the heliport training in a 44? Sometime in the next 2-3 weeks preferably.
Thanks

sycamore
4th Feb 2012, 20:17
Just put plenty of `points` on your GPS for the routes in/out; take a video-cam,put it on a CD and flog the copies....and the signatures...!

Transair have the Route charts

Aucky
5th Feb 2012, 11:37
I'm hoping to pop in with an ex-student so best do it properly :ok: Any recommendations on local pilots who can authorise us would be much appreciated.

Wali
27th Feb 2012, 18:17
Have a meeting in Paris next week, flying my own machine in, on GA VFR , apart from PPR, is their a legal criteria required, or can one just rock up?

Helinut
27th Feb 2012, 19:30
Wali,

Have a search for a thread that dealt with the Paris Heliport. As I recall, you need to know your onions, book and be a pre-authorised pilot.

Probably best to look at the AIP too

Wali
27th Feb 2012, 20:11
Excellent , thanks for that, am on it.....:8:8

generalspecific
29th Feb 2012, 00:12
i went in with an instructor, v nice place, very very convenient and i dont remember the landing or parking (we stayed overnight) being very expensive.

The procedures are not that comples if you have a few hours under your belt. certainly if you can fly the London heli lanes this should be no challenge...

delta3
29th Feb 2012, 22:42
Aucky, check PM

d3

Aucky
1st Mar 2012, 17:51
Thanks a lot D3, I've email them today.

Aucky

RMK
8th Jul 2018, 13:41
Does anyone know the present landing & parking fees for Paris Issy-les-Moulineaux Heliport (LFPI)? It’s not listed on the website.

FL020
8th Jul 2018, 18:05
Landing fee 2018:
0-2000kg -> € 28,34
2000-5000kg -> € 37,81
> 5000kg -> € 47,25
Parking fee I don't remember, think per night it was the same as the landing fee.

muermel
8th Jul 2018, 21:22
Landing fee 2018:
0-2000kg -> € 28,34
2000-5000kg -> € 37,81
> 5000kg -> € 47,25
Parking fee I don't remember, think per night it was the same as the landing fee.

That's actually very reasonable. Landing fee in Reichelsheim EDFB (small airfield north of Frankfurt) for our 350 B3 3 weeks ago was 76 Euros, payble ONLY in CASH.

RMK
9th Jul 2018, 09:54
Thanks for the info on landing fees.

As an update to the original thread, for landings at Issy-les-Moulineaux, you fly in with an authorised instructor and brief/land and then do two more circuits in both directions to receive a one-page "Attestation" noting you have received training on LFPI's procedures.