PDA

View Full Version : Airvan engine failure - Cooper Creek

VH-XXX
29th Sep 2011, 09:05
Just in from a few hours ago, 8 POB, pax all ok.

(Lake Eyre)

jas24zzk
29th Sep 2011, 09:19
news linky?

VH-XXX
29th Sep 2011, 09:36
Hasn't made it to the news as yet, its very remote out there. GSL aviation if I'm not mistaken.

Desert Flower
29th Sep 2011, 10:20
Hasn't made it to the news as yet, its very remote out there. GSL aviation if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah - that's why most incidents up that way slip under the radar! ;) My guess is it was AJZ.

DF.

Pinky the pilot
30th Sep 2011, 03:40
Gave me a fright for a moment there DF. I initially read the reggo as
AZJ.:eek:

Glad all ok.

VH-XXX
30th Sep 2011, 04:14
At least with all the engine failures up there it's keeping the guys with the helicopters at Marree busy!

Desert Flower
30th Sep 2011, 06:55
Gave me a fright for a moment there DF. I initially read the reggo as
AZJ.

The first time I ever heard it going into YMRE I mentally transposed the letters too! I think I would have a heart attack if anything happened to AZJ, although I doubt she is the same aeroplane she was when I flew in her. She was always the Chief Pilot's favorite, even after LMB came along.

At least with all the engine failures up there it's keeping the guys with the helicopters at Marree busy!

All the engine failures? I know of two, think you'd better PM me if you know of any more!

DF.

Desert Flower
8th Oct 2011, 10:15
Heard from a very reliable source yesterday that they had been pouring oil into this aircraft in ever increasing quantities for some time, so something was bound to happen sooner or later. I had to chuckle when I looked at the GSL website GSL Aviation – Marree – Lake Eyre (http://marree.gslaviation.com.au/) & read the following: We offer safe, reliable and well maintained aircraft, ensuring you have absolute confidence when flying with GSL Aviation.

DF.

VH-XXX
8th Oct 2011, 10:29
5 quartz a day isn't THAT much is it????

Have heard that a number of pilots refused to fly it leading up to the failure!

Desert Flower
8th Oct 2011, 11:36
5 quartz a day isn't THAT much is it????

Ummm, probably about four too many I would say!

Have heard that a number of pilots refused to fly it leading up to the failure!

Can't say that I blame them!

DF.

cavok123
8th Oct 2011, 11:43
Have heard the same, sounds like a dodgee mob and shouldn't be there, don't think they/he have their own aoc but borrow one

Desert Flower
8th Oct 2011, 12:24
I think I should probably apologise for my earlier statement about GSL. I thought AJZ belonged to them but I was getting mixed up with the 206 on floats that is up there. :O AJZ is a Slingair machine.

DF.

tmpffisch
8th Oct 2011, 13:44
Nope. AJZ is owned by Gipps Aero. Operated by GSL.

Desert Flower
8th Oct 2011, 22:05
Nope. AJZ is owned by Gipps Aero. Operated by GSL.

Well now I am even more confused than ever! My initial contact told me it belonged to GSL, hence my first comment. Then I looked it up on the register, & it says that the registration holder's name is G.A. Finance Aus Pty Ltd & the registration operator's name is Slingair Pty Ltd hence my second comment. Strange!

DF.

MakeItHappenCaptain
9th Oct 2011, 10:09
Was x-hired. Not at YPKU for a while now.

lilflyboy262
9th Oct 2011, 18:13
AJZ is a airvan in Botswana as well :}