PDA

View Full Version : Millennium Tower-Dubai

lfrk
26th Sep 2011, 16:29
Hi guys,

I am joining in few weeks, I have been assigned a flat in the Millennium Tower, can someone give me some info about the accomodation, photos maybe or website where I can find some. There is not much on google!

Cheers !

Wizofoz
26th Sep 2011, 17:02
Well, by all reports the scenery around Millenium is quite attractive.....

Orangewing
26th Sep 2011, 18:02
Wiz is spot on - the pool is particularly lovely; or rather, what hangs around it is! :E:E Also it is on the top floor of the car park so it gets quite a nice breeze..

It has a top gym, as far as I know its the best gym out of any of the accommodation buildings and has two squash courts. Apartments are not the biggest, but its a well maintained building and the sound proofing is good. Downsides? The kitchen is small and there are not any balconies that I am aware of. Also there is no road to get to it, just a lot of sand. And I mean a lot.

It is also very close to downtown, dubai mall etc.

There are worse places to be.

magicmorris
26th Sep 2011, 18:22
I currently live in Millenium Tower... Its a great building... Yes, there is no road... But you can see progress... We are getting one! The pool and gym are great... And the squash courts are a massive bonus. There are a few apartments that open onto a terrace on the 50th floor, I think... Somewhere pretty high. But all other apartments have no windows that actually open. The apartments are a pretty good size. The Dubai Mall is just 2 minutes away and if you lucky your apartment will look over The Dubai Fountain.

millerscourt
27th Sep 2011, 06:01
Sounds like a luxury prison to me.:D

jeff748
27th Sep 2011, 07:19
Isn't it known locally as "The Distant Temptation"?

Eau de Boeing
27th Sep 2011, 11:35
Yes there are no windows in millennium but then it means you don't get the traffic noise from SZR and also the dolby surround religious buildings.

The clunge.... sorry plunge pool at MIT is fantastic and I live in hope by the time I retire there will be a road outside the building.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRpRNp7r2Uc&feature=related

This is what my floor sounds like most nights.........

Bonne courage et a plus!

P.S. Orangewing, when were you last anywhere near the gym?! :}

skytrax
28th Sep 2011, 17:31
+
As other guys mentioned, bldg is in good condition (only 3 yrs old), nice pool and gym. Location is good, around 15 min drive to work.

-
Still no road and lot of construction around. no balcony. nothing much within reasonable walking distance.
You ll need a car as soon as you get here.

pilotguy1222
4th Oct 2011, 14:58
Far worse places to be. It was my second request for housing. LOTS of good views at the pool, gym, elevators and hallways!!!

Hope you get a NON-integrated floor, ie., pilots only. The cabin crew keep odd hours and make all kinds of noise. Sleep will be an issue sooner or later if you are on an integrated floor. I believe you will want to be 39th floor or above to avoid them.

groundagent
26th Feb 2015, 19:20
Hi All

I am soon to be joining EK and have been told I have been allocated a 3 bed apartment in Millennium Tower. It is for my wife, my four and a half year old and myself.

Please can anyone advise what life is like here and any thoughts of family life. Is this still a crew building or are there families there too? What are the room sizes like and how are the facilities in the building?

Many thanks for any feedback.

GA

lospilotos
26th Feb 2015, 23:45
Hi All

I am soon to be joining EK and have been told I have been allocated a 3 bed apartment in Millennium Tower. It is for my wife, my four and a half year old and myself.

GA

If you are bringing your family, why have you not been allocated a villa? Is this temporary accommodation?

bogeydope
27th Feb 2015, 01:12
You should NOT accept an apartment, since they should assign you a villa!!!

PERIOD:ugh::ugh::ugh:

ChillinInTheDesert
27th Feb 2015, 02:24
Are you a pilot/engineer/management of some sort?

lfrk
27th Feb 2015, 05:19
Millenium is not the place to be with childrens, if you have kids, you have the right for villa. Request it then.
Do not accept Millenium with kids, I was there with my newborn, nice location, nice staff, nice appartment, but not designed for a familly and not kids friendly at all!!
Accomodation department is just trying to give you this "unit" as they call it hoping that you won't open your mouth, please open it up, for your own good.
Half of Meydan is still empty so there is space here for sure...
Good luck

givemewings
27th Feb 2015, 06:35
If you think MIT is 3 years old then you are not very observant or do not actually live here...

It was opened in 2006....

donpizmeov
27th Feb 2015, 07:01
Not everyone here is a pilot. Not all grades are entitled to a Villa.

groundagent
27th Feb 2015, 07:46
Thanks for the comments all.

I will be ground based and unfortunately the grade entitles me to an apartment (3 bedroom) so I have been allocated here.

Are there others who live here with family? What is close by? From Google maps it looks like metro is short (10 min?) walk and Dubai Mall is not far either. Looks like there are a few restaurants close by too. I have stumbled across a couple of you tube videos but they seem to be small and possibly only 2 bedroom?

Interested to hear from any residents or people who have visited friends here.

Many thanks again all

GA

lfrk
27th Feb 2015, 08:18
What will be your aprt number?
I will send you some pictures by email or whatapp if you want to send me your phone number. I use to have a 3 bedroom.
By PM

lospilotos
27th Feb 2015, 08:27
Not everyone here is a pilot. Not all grades are entitled to a Villa.

Oh and here I was, thinking this is a Professional PILOTS Rumour Network. Silly me...:8

Then again, not everyone here is PROFESSIONAL either so I guess it´s like Hard Rock Café, "Love all, serve all"...

donpizmeov
27th Feb 2015, 08:37
His user name may have been a hint. Glad your not holding on too tightly there Los. Do you fly Boeing :)

Dropp the Pilot
27th Feb 2015, 08:39
Tenuous and embarrassing wind up attempt. Even by your remarkably low standards

ChillinInTheDesert
27th Feb 2015, 09:52
If not entitled to a villa, then IMO, Millennium is not the best apartment tower EK have, but certainly not the worst. I's say its in the middle. Having a child, I would be pushing for either Tecom or the towers at DSO.

Have you secured a school yet? If so, which school?

Visual Procedures
27th Feb 2015, 11:42
If you're heading to MIT for the long term and you're below the 51st floor then you want a xx06 or a xx01 apartment.. With the xx being the floor you're on.

Those 2 are a lot bigger, much nicer and better views than the 03,04,07 & 08 apartments. (02 & 05 are 2 beds)

MIT is in a good location. I lived there a while back before things got as good in the area as they are now.

You could do a lot worse.

groundagent
27th Feb 2015, 12:20
Many thanks again all.

Visual P. . . - this is especially useful, but not sure I will have a choice, but will try to angle for the better numbers.

Chillin . . . - No school place planned as yet, would be keen to hear recommendations for the best British curriculum primary schools and ease of journey from Millennium.

Kind regards

GA

motley flight crue
27th Feb 2015, 13:42
Best school for your area is JESS jumirah. Just down the road near safa park

ChillinInTheDesert
27th Feb 2015, 13:44
I agree re JESS Jumeirah. Also DESS and I hear good things about Safa school which is close by.

airbusgirl66
27th Feb 2015, 16:18
JESS Jumeriah is an excellent school but with a very long waiting list for most of the years/grades. You may literally have to wait years to get accepted in many cases unless your exceptionally lucky.

I would get on the waiting list as soon as possible for your desired school, and have a decent backup school while waiting to get in.

groundagent
24th Apr 2015, 11:37
Thanks for all of the input and advice all. I have arrived and moved in. I'd be pleased to hear from anyone else living in the building to get more info about what entertainment etc. is nearby as I don't have a car yet!

Many thanks again

GA