PDA

View Full Version : British Airways Entry criteria

Yogosin
26th Sep 2011, 15:15
Hi guys british airways ask for b grades in ; english, maths, science

I got a B in maths and science but a C in english

But i took a level english language and im currently around a B grade in that.
If i come out with a b at a level can i still apply for the sponsorship scheme if they ask for a b in gcse? ive been told a level at b grade will be ok?

Bealzebub
26th Sep 2011, 15:47
Oh, the irony!

26th Sep 2011, 15:52
PPRuNe needs a 'like' button for that interjection Bealzebub :ok:

I would suggest that perhaps A levels of late aren't quite what they once were if the original post is a 'C' grade.

Yogosin, I don't even know where to start. Perhaps you should start by working on your reading comprehension, then returning to the BA FPP website. Two birds, one stone. Although this suggestion may perhaps be closer to horses and stable doors.

Yogosin
26th Sep 2011, 16:31
yes or no lol

Rhcriad Bsranon
26th Sep 2011, 16:44
I'm afraid the entry requirements are absolute, Yogosin, and you will have to resit your English GCSE, whatever the outcome of your eventual 'A' level result.

FlyingSportsman
26th Sep 2011, 16:51
Beazlebub, congratulations for getting a smile, I'm in a particularly sh:mad:tty mood today :E

Groundloop
27th Sep 2011, 07:44
I'm afraid the entry requirements are absolute, Yogosin, and you will have to resit your English GCSE, whatever the outcome of your eventual 'A' level result.

Cobblers! I am sure British Airways would recognise that an A level is a higher level qualification than a GCSE!

Bro
27th Sep 2011, 09:21
Can you correct the English in your post?

Rhcriad Bsranon
27th Sep 2011, 11:32
I hope and trust you've written your previous post with Yogosin's best interests at heart and are not being controversial simply because it was me who imparted the advice. I'm unconcerned as to whether you value my opinion or not, but please don't undermine another in the process.

The entry requirements are clear, Yogosin:

7 GCSEs at Grade 'C' or above (including English, Maths and a science subject at Grade 'B' or above)

PLUS

3 'A' Levels (subjects not specified) at Grades 'B', 'B', 'C' or above

OR

The Honours Degree route at Class 2:1 or above.

It's designed to make the paper sift a darned sight easier for the prospective employer; discretion simply serves to complicate especially when there's an expected high degree of interest as in a case such as this.

I wish I coud assure you that your recent successes at 'A' level would be accepted in lieu of your (for you) disappointing GCSE result, but to do so would be misleading.

Take Groundloop's advice if you wish, Yogosin, and I wish you the best of luck with your gamble.

If you want to enhance your chances of success at the initial stage of the process, take mine and resit your English GCSE. It'll be easier the second time around, especially with your exta knowledge gleaned from having studied the subject at 'A' level. Good luck, whichever option you plump for.

Groundloop
27th Sep 2011, 12:48
Writing as someone who processes hundreds of applications per year it is standard practice to consider the higher of two qualifications. Therefore a decent A level grade in a particular subject overrides a lower GCSE grade in the same subject.

I am sure BA have been employing people long enough to do the same!