PDA

View Full Version : CPL Performance and Planning - Declared Density Charts?

Squark 7600
26th Sep 2011, 14:05
Hi there,
Have my last CPL exam coming up (CFPA) and I'm wondering if I've missed something quite obvious. All the practice exams have declared density chart questions, yet when you look at the permitted materials:
Provided by ASL to candidate:
Scribble pad
Electronic calculator
Day VFR Work Booklet

Required/to be supplied by candidate:
Navigation equipment
ERSA complete
CAAP 92-1(1) and 234-1(1)
CASA exam material provided and required (http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90074)
...there ain't no mention of CAO Part 20 - 20.7.0!

So where do I find the density charts during the actual exam??

AussieNick
26th Sep 2011, 22:43
It's been a few years since I did that exam, but from memory, the charts are provided to you in the exam work booklet

rijobe
26th Sep 2011, 23:04
you might get a question where they state what the declared density is, and an aerodrome to look up in ERSA for elevation, but nothing where you will have to look it up on the chart (as you will not have a chart to look it up on)

Squark 7600
27th Sep 2011, 01:37
Nevermind, just rolled through the exam and there was no question on declared density in there!

I presume you're right though rijobe. I didn't see any density charts in the workbook either, but in the end no dramas.

And PS: CAAP 92-1 and 234-1 were carried into the exam, sat on the table untouched for 2 hours and then packed back into my bag when I was done. :suspect: