PDA

View Full Version : Newly JAA convert...my FRTOL has no level on it?

Trolle
25th Sep 2011, 07:30
Just converted my FAA licenses to JAA via the CAA in the UK.

I got my CPL and IR and Flight Radiotelephony Operator's License. Is it correct that there is no English level shown on it? I did it to a level 6, however it is not shown on the license. It just says that is my re-issued by 14/09/2021. Under Remarks is reads: No Entries.

Is this normal?

madlandrover
25th Sep 2011, 19:37
Check Section XII on your CPL - it's shown there, not on the FRTOL.

mrmum
25th Sep 2011, 19:50
Have they started printing the actual level (1-6)? Any I've seen just say "Language proficiency: English" or something similar IIRC, but I don't have my licence to hand. The CAA know what level you have, but don't like to share the information, think I've read on here somewhere that it can cause issues in some countries.

madlandrover
25th Sep 2011, 20:00
Good question, I've not yet seen one that wouldn't be Level 6, so don't know how/if the lower levels would be shown.

mrmum
25th Sep 2011, 20:34
When they were all sent out to existing licence holders about 3 1/2 years ago I think, everyone with a FRTOL was just given a level 4, which needs renewed every 3 (or possibly 4?) years. You then had to get a FE, who had already had a level 6 assessment themselves, to assess you at level 6 and complete section 6 on form SRG1119 when renewing/revalidating a rating or a form SRG1199. Once you have a level 6 expert assessment, it does not need renewed.
Applicants for a PPL/FRTOL after this have the assessment done at the time of the R/T practical test and if appropriate the result entered on section 8d of form SRG1105.
Makes you wonder who got the first level 6, so they could cascade it down through all the other examiners and who assessed them?:confused:

madlandrover
26th Sep 2011, 19:50
Primo :\??

mrmum
26th Sep 2011, 21:06
Funny, LMAO:ok: