PDA

View Full Version : Jar-Ops trick

vipero
8th Mar 2001, 01:37
As per Jar-Ops rules:

- Two destination alternate aerodrome:
2 dest alt aerodrome are required when the appropriate wx reports or forecast for the DESTINATION (read well: DESTINATION), or any combination thereof, indicate that during a period commencing 1hr before and ending 1hr after the est time of arrival, the wx conditions will be below the applicable planning minima OR no meteo info is available

- Planning minima for DESTINATION Aerodrome:
An aerodrome shall not be selected as a DESTINATION aerodrome unless the appropriate wx reports or forecast, or any combination thereof, indicate that, during a period commencing 1hr before and ending 1hr after the est time of arrival at the aerodrome, the wx conditions will be at or above the applicable planning minima as follows bla bla bla...

Now: can we indicate a DESTINATION apt when below minima (or when no wx report is available) just planning two alternates, or I shall never select a dest aerodrome when wx is below minima or not available?

Which rule rules?

Ciao
Paolo

vipero
9th Mar 2001, 15:13
No replies so far...ok, let me change it then:
what are the best sunglasses to be used for piloting? Tnks ciao
Paolo

WX Man
9th Mar 2001, 19:06
I don't understand the JAR speak, but I can tell you that I'm very happy with the Boots own-brand sunnies I bought last year. Fits underneath my headset perfectly!

vipero
15th Mar 2001, 20:33
it's quite frustrating reading no naswers...that hurts...

Ciao
Paolo

Zeitgebers
16th Mar 2001, 04:20
For IFR flights one alternate required.
The forecast for the alternate must be in accordance with the table in JAR-OPS 1.297(b)
If destination forecast is below minima ( or no weather available ) then 2 alternates are required, both of which must comply with the above table.
You can't get out of it that easily !
Hope that helps.

smallfish
16th Mar 2001, 20:30
Only guessing as I don't have JAR-OPS handy but it could be that case 2 relates to a remote destination where there is no suitable alternate.

vipero
17th Mar 2001, 01:51
Jar-ops official book says (in simple words, as soon as I have the book here will adv the chapters):

Selection of aerodromes
"two dest altns must be select when for the dest aerodrome wx is below minima or no wx avlbl..."

immediately after, next paragraph

Use of aerodromes (Planning Minima)
"an aerodrome shall not (read well: shall not!) be selected as dest aerodrome when wx is below planning minima or no wx available"

It's dramatically simple to me: when planning a flight to a destination without wx or when wx is below planning minima (it might be a remote destination or London Heathrow) cannot be selected...simple :)
Why? Because the philosophy is to provide a fuel to a destination where you know you might land (like the FAA rules)...
Who wrote the Jar-ops invented the selection of two alternates, but, always according to me, they forget to disregard the planning minima...

Ciao
Paolo

"Flight Dispatchers tell Pilots where to go"