PDA

View Full Version : MCC + JOC

disco87
24th Sep 2011, 15:09
After the Instrument rating do you feel it is advisable to do an MCC and a JOC, or just an MCC. I want to give myself the best chance at an interview and not be overwhelmed in the sim, and perhaps doing a JOC will help with this.

I've looked at Oxford for this, has anyone experience of this course? Is it worth the money?

Thanks

FattyBarr
24th Sep 2011, 21:33
If your planning on applying for RYR then I reckon its well worth going for the OAA MCC seen as all the drills are to RYR's SOP's and OAA do the paper sift.

Good Luck

v1rotate1
27th Sep 2011, 12:18
I looked at doing it at OAA but it was just too much ££. Did mine at CRM Aviation, was a lot better value and course was great.

aozc
27th Sep 2011, 14:16
How much would it cost?

I did mine cheaply (and actually quite good) on a BE200 sim for €1680, I got flightsim 2004 on my PC and a very nice 737 addon for the sim assessment and did very well.

And the money I saved I used for... well I didn't have the extra money to start with at all :E :E

bedix84
27th Sep 2011, 17:11
Does anyone knows if the BE200 of FSB in Berlin is full EFIS/glass cockpit airbus style overhead panel with complex systems, GPWS, Autopilot with LNAV and VNAV, Flight Director and MCDU's ??:)

aozc
27th Sep 2011, 17:57
Does anyone knows if the BE200 of FSB in Berlin is full EFIS/glass cockpit airbus style overhead panel with complex systems, GPWS, Autopilot with LNAV and VNAV, Flight Director and MCDU's ??http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

Bedix, It has no efis, it's classic gauge style, no overhead, no gpws, no LNAV/VNAV. It does however have a F/D but most flying is raw data. Just get flight sim with pmdg 737 on your home PC and learn it that way, It worked very well for me.

Too many toys will distract you from practicing what's essential during the MCC/CRM imho.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
27th Sep 2011, 19:09
Personally mate, I would save your hard earned cash.

Unless you have a simulator assessment in the very near future, I don't think doing a JOC would be of much value. I would be interested to know how much a JOC is? I would think around the £2K mark from what I have seen on the internet?

With the current market and taking into consideration how competitive getting a job is, there are still a lot of experienced guys out there. The door opening for guys with minimum experience may be some way off. So with this in mind, if you do decide to do a JOC course, your jet handling skills will soon get rusty without regular practice in the simulator and you will find yourself back to square one but a couple of grand lighter.

If you do find yourself with an assessment why not use the money you would invest in a JOC to rent the sim type, the instructor and utilise the time focussing on the simulator profile you will be expected to fly.

I understand your frustration, believe me, all us guys that fly professionally have been in your position. Good luck with it all.

slav4o1
27th Sep 2011, 19:21
My advice is just get the MCC done in first place and start applying. If you haven't been lucky, at some point later you can get the JOC done too but don't throw it all at once, JOC is not mandatory for first TR.

Best of luck!

downwind24
27th Sep 2011, 19:33
Jet2 now also only taking on ab initio with a JOC !

bedix84
28th Sep 2011, 21:15
I understood You all guys and thanks for your further reply , and I know all that, long time ago, but Nowadays the number of Company that required the JOC are increasing and just to be able to apply for some company you need it..
for example, if someone wants apply for wizzair or jet2 jut to mention some, you require as minimum requirements also Joc certificate.:confused:

bedix84
28th Sep 2011, 21:20
Downwind...I can't even apply for Jet2 as I got Level 5 right now and is expiring in 1 year,but maybe I resit and take the test in few months to achieve the level 6!