PDA

View Full Version : Yemen Hunt

Foggy Bottom
23rd Sep 2011, 10:15
Is the Yemen Hunt Oil company operation still going in Sanah? Just curious as I worked that jobs many moons ago. How tricky is it driving back and forth to the airport in these days?

piggybank
24th Sep 2011, 20:03
Last I heard was Gulf Helicopters took the contract over from ADA. Yes it was a long drive to the airport even in the more peaceful times.

K1W1phil
9th Oct 2011, 05:18
Hi All Yemen dwellers,

Never spent much time in Sana'a but mainly in the Hadramat, Seyun, Mukallah and all along the Indian ocean coast twixt Aden to Salalah.

Loved Sana'a could get a beer then in the Taj Sheba and the YH camp had reasonable food.

Thought that the whole job would have been for nothing without the help of Jebri, Bob H and Harvey M

Good times, difficult circumstances but good nevertheless.

Phil

chris_h
9th Oct 2011, 07:21
K1W1phil (http://www.pprune.org/members/245234-k1w1phil), I have very fond memories of Sana'a when working for ADA. You mention Harvey M - sounds like he's the same Harvey Mollusc that I knew. Do you have contact details for him please?

K1W1phil
21st Oct 2011, 01:51
Hi Chris,

Sadly no I dont know where Harvey is these days, maybe if you know any of the old engineers there Bill D or Bob L they might be able to put Harvey's address your way.

I'll have a dig around, maybe something will turn up

Phil

funfinn2000
28th Oct 2011, 20:34
Would you go back?

piggybank
29th Oct 2011, 07:49
If the money was commensurate with the risk I would go back. Nice place.

Foggy Bottom
29th Oct 2011, 13:19
Did Jehbri ever get his house completed? The last time I was there it was still pretty much a shell with (as I recall) a pretty blue gate.

piggybank
29th Oct 2011, 19:56
Lets hope he survived all the troubles going on at present. He made mention of the house, but I never visited.

Shell Management
24th Nov 2011, 19:30
I thought Heli Union were active in Yemen still.