PDA

View Full Version : Twin work?

Puketapu9er
21st Sep 2011, 03:38
Hi Guys,

I got my CPL-A a couple of months ago, and im working towards my MEIR (Multi Engine Instrument Rating).

Does anybody know of any twin jobs currently available? Id prefer turbine, but I'd settle for a Navajo or 421 type aircraft.

Please Help!

Regards from Puketapu.

Super Cecil
21st Sep 2011, 04:01
Why not go straight to a 380?

Swimbetweentheflags
21st Sep 2011, 04:05
With minimum twin time and a fresh MEIR you would be a shoe in for the stacks of King Air Jobs floating around :ok:

For a small fee I will provide you job finding services to put you in with a chance. Messaged you my account details :E

LOL wind up alert

Puketapu9er
21st Sep 2011, 04:08
I dont think thats very realistic. With my experience in aviation thus far, it seems like a realistic goal. I did my BGT (Basic Gas Turbine) course a while ago, and I have a $60,000 loan. You would expect to be employable after this.

Old Akro
21st Sep 2011, 04:13
If a loan makes you employable I should be CEO of an airline

c173
21st Sep 2011, 04:16
this is too funny

Puketapu9er
21st Sep 2011, 04:20
I dont take my career lightly. Why is there so much negativity here? I'm just trying to earn a living doing something I love.

Super Cecil
21st Sep 2011, 04:21
With my experience in aviation thus far, it seems like a realistic goal. I did my BGT (Basic Gas Turbine) course a while ago, and I have a $60,000 loan. You would expect to be employable after this.

:8 Triffic, start buying the uniform now

Howard Hughes
21st Sep 2011, 04:25
You should head over to Oz bro, the West islanders will greet you with open arms, plenty of twin jobs over here for guys with your experience! (or lack there of):ok:

eocvictim
21st Sep 2011, 04:34
I dont take my career lightly. Why is there so much negativity here? I'm just trying to earn a living doing something I love.we all are then someone comes along who says they'll do it for less (read: free) and we're left holding the bag.

My initial assumption was that this would be wind up but given there was a post from someone who got himself into this situation and is now "unemployable" i'm having second thoughts. Maybe have a look for that thread and reevaluate your situation.

Swimbetweentheflags
21st Sep 2011, 04:34
You would expect to be employable after this.

Welcome to the real world of aviation :D

They don't show you the long list of unemployed Pilots in the fancy flying school brochures now do they ????

Lifes tough and aviation is a biotch to crack, good luck.

Puketapu9er
21st Sep 2011, 04:42
To be honest I never thought it would be this hard. I don't want to instruct, but to build the hours it could be the way to go. I heard Australia has heaps of instructing jobs, and Kiwis are well sought after.

Aviatrix54
21st Sep 2011, 04:43
Dont listen to all these jaded pilots-:= it is hard to get your first job! you just have to keep sending the resumes out you may need to set your sights a little lower and think of a job in the north or invest some more money in an instructor rating keep your smile on :)

BoundaryLayer
21st Sep 2011, 05:54
Cadetship/Traineeship :E

Ok so two words. Pick one.

Fantome
21st Sep 2011, 07:31
negative? how can you say 'negative' bro? when we're right behind you?

saying 'get your hand off it Darryl!' or 'tell him he's dreamin' son'

negative? NEGATIVE!

Move On
21st Sep 2011, 07:31
Hey Puket,

You only have a license to learn, with only 260hrs most operators require 500hrs as a min unless you pay to do some ICUS to get you over the 500. Its like pushing Sh@t up hill but hang in there.

Flight Instructor rating does help, especially in Australia.

Geez mate, your flying school sure have'nt given you support. With regards to a 60k loan, suck it up mate you have entered aviation!!!

We all have a loan of some type some people have 87K, with no house or car:{

Good luck:ok:

baron_beeza
21st Sep 2011, 07:34
I have to agree, this is one of the funniest threads going here.

The young fellow really seems to believe that you can do your MEIR and that along with a BGT course will get you into a turbine twin.

Whoever has been offering training courses is obviously missing the boat. Good spin doctors can earn a fortune... this is election year let's not forget.

Taking money from school kids is literally child's play compared to the money Politicians may be able to spend.

prefer turbine, but I'd settle for a Navajo or 421 type aircraft.

:D :D :D

Can anyone remember upstairs at the Wellington Aeroclub, a handy visual reference guide .. plenty of twin jobs with the various companies prominently displayed .... :)

Horatio Leafblower
21st Sep 2011, 07:39
I don't want to instruct, but to build the hours it could be the way to go. I heard Australia has heaps of instructing jobs, and Kiwis are well sought after.

Yep this HAS to be a wind-up! :}

Gligg
21st Sep 2011, 07:44
I jumped into a single, kept flying it until one day i walked out to the ramp and it had sprouted a second engine!

MyNameIsIs
21st Sep 2011, 07:52
If (and that's a big if), this is a serious post...... (But if not, I'm sure someone else out there might get some assistance!)

Try the Pacific Islands- Solomons, Fiji, Vanuatu, Samoa etc. You'll get a coey job on something like a Twotter or CASA with a bare CPL and MECIR in most of those places.

Twotter coey twas my first job, so a turbine gig straight off the bat isn't impossible.
Just recognise that unless you stick it out for a while at an employer that gives you such a start, that you are almost certainly going to have to go 'back' to an entry-level piston twin (310, Bongo etc), maybe even single aswell, to build some command time before ever being considered to fly something like a PA31, C40-something or KingAir!

Little tip, from someone who hasn't been in the game for all that long compared to others, but aviation is a tough road. Nothing really gets handed to you, and don't expect it to either. Hard work and determination, and not being an idiot, will take you far.
Get out there and have fun. Jet jobs aren't always the best thing out there.