PDA

View Full Version : Bizjet/GA job market Aus & NZ

Trim Stab
20th Sep 2011, 10:40
Hello,

I'm a bizjet pilot based in Europe, but hold NZ passport so have residency rights in Aus & NZ. The job market in Europe is poor, and looking like it'll get worse over the next few years given the economy here, so thinking of uprooting and moving to Aus or NZ.

Can anybody give me a few tips as to where to start looking for work? Bizjet jobs in Europe are all word-of-mouth - is it the same in Aus/NZ? Or are there any relatively stable companies who recruit openly that it might be worth contacting?

I have C525 rating but happy to re-rate to anything else. I realise I'll have to pay for licence conversion courses too. I don't mind where I live as long as there is good sailing nearby!

rocket66
20th Sep 2011, 10:46
G'day Trim Stab,

unfortunately you could count the bizjet jobs on one hand down here. Slim pickings indeed. Recruitment here is also a little on the slow side. I'm not in an airline operation however so some others who are may be able to help out further.

Rocket

Monopole
21st Sep 2011, 06:28
Go to NZ for the sailing (as much as I hate to say that).

Job wise flip a coin. Heads go to Oz, tails NZ. Job prospects are probably about the same for Biz Jet work.

Howard Hughes
21st Sep 2011, 07:27
Bizjet jobs in Europe are all word-of-mouth - is it the same in Aus/NZ?
Same here, except there are a lot less biz jets getting around.