PDA

View Full Version : question for EK cabin crew

cabin8crew
20th Sep 2011, 08:08
hello all, I am purser and trainer in EU carrier, I and my girlfriend have both contracts with ek as cabin attendants. The date of joining is coming soon, so here is what I would like to find out:

1. Does the buddy bid work? ( or just you bid to fly with the ,,buddy" but you never get the flights)

2 My salary is around 900 eur, what is pretty good here, where I live. Is it worth moving to dxb, as I heard it is dam expensive, even the flat paid by ek?
As I do have nice house and nice living ( and I have id ickets at present company so I can travel arund :) )

3 Do you know any EK cabin crew who got married? (As they promise 43k DHR for housing allowance..) the question is, is it 43k per familly or 86k for both as both are cabin crew of Ek...

4 I have read a ot of bad stuff about ek ( but every job has goods and bads), I have red, that you have been treated like in school, but no one tells me examples ...

Thanks for your answers, You can PM me as well.

NG_Kaptain
20th Sep 2011, 09:13
You'll probably get better answers from the cabin crew forum.

cabin8crew
20th Sep 2011, 12:05
That's for sure Sir, however I can't post it in EK forum, as there is restriction and its only for emirates crew :)

I posted this question in cabin crew (general) forum, and got advice to post it here.
..and some Captains or pilots might know the answer too, as they are dating some of the crew, or just having some fun :E

bettigio
22nd Sep 2011, 18:29
Hi, I'm a pilot for another airline here in Dubai but my fiance' is a cabin crew in Emirates.
I asked her your questions and on behalf of her here are the answers:

"ok, it is like that, u bid but if u ge smth or not depends on how Lucky u r! nobody promises u'll get it. i've been flying for 1 1/2 and i never got any flight i ever bid 4. but at the same time i should say that 2 times i got 5 days off before or after my leave as requesed. coincidence - i dont know...
my salary as GR2 (economy) is around 3000$ if i fly good(i mean the hrs).
if u never move to DXB, u'll actually never know. it depends. some ppl cannot stand it and leave in despair and disappointment. i was lucky, after i moved here, my bf managed to move to dxb as well, so i dont experience loneliness and solitude. so, once u r coming with ur wife, ek and life in dxb may be a good place for u to grow and save. the allowance u'll get is 43 each. my bf is renting an apt (a bit on the outskirts though) 1 bedroom, living room/kitchen+2bathrooms for 43 per year+he has a car, so it's not a problem for him to get into any part of dxb any time. pretty good,isnt it?!
**** happens onboard all the time, but at the same time it's the matter how u take it...so,it's bearable.
about kid's treatment - yes, it happens all the time as well and the examples r obvious from the 1st day u go2the HQ. but it's ok. u experience it, u hear that but u sleep with it and the next mrng u feel as if nthg ever happened! ;)http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/images/blank.gif
when smbdy asks me if it's worth coming or not, my answer is that at the end of the day it's u own decision and u never know be4 u try it. after that it becomes ur own choice.
good luck and probably cu guys both soon! ;))"

Wish you guys all the best.
Gio

cabin8crew
23rd Sep 2011, 17:42
Thank You for the answer, it helped a lot ;)

cabin8crew
25th Sep 2011, 19:35
Well, as you can see the same question has been moved to your suggested forum. However 300 views no answers :D. At least one man helped, and idea of you comment is ? :ugh: If you are employed by the company I have a doubt you will ever read , wannabees forum :hmm: