PDA

View Full Version : MD500C tracking &balance

HASKOPOULOU ANGIE
18th Sep 2011, 17:46
We have placed new M/R blades P/N 500P2100-303 at our helicopter (MD500C) and we want to do tracking and balance. Could anyone please provide me with directions on how to do the tracking and balance? Also what are the equipment needed to perform this?

hillberg
18th Sep 2011, 18:26
Use the Manuals as required. You must be new at this.

krypton_john
18th Sep 2011, 20:00
You are kidding, right?

Are your pilots aware that their mechanic is looking on the internet for advice on how to maintain their aircraft?

hostile
18th Sep 2011, 23:27
It's better that you get help, if this is your first time. In the beginning, your blades need to be at the same weight range. If you change only one blade, I am guessing it is different weight range with the other ones. I went thru this same many times as a pilot. Just give a call for some experienced MD500 company/mechanic. You found those from Europe. Germany might be the good start.

Good luck!

Hostile:ok:

ReverseFlight
19th Sep 2011, 04:49
I once witnessed the tracking of the MR blades on a 500C and what a laugh. When she was fired up, everyone could see one of the blades was out of balance. The chief pilot felt it through his ass too, so he landed the aircraft and a spanner was brought in for a minor adjustment. A minute later on the second run (just an air taxi) the vibrations were gone, so it was signed off. :eek:

Takan Inchovit
19th Sep 2011, 06:51
You will need a 500C maintenance manual to start with. I used to use an old Chadwick track and balance kit with a strobex.

Are you a pilot or mechanic?

EMS R22
19th Sep 2011, 08:02
I used to use an old Chadwick track and balance kit

That would be the same age as the C model ...:ok:

Takan Inchovit
19th Sep 2011, 09:31
That would be the same age as the C model .

I'm glad I didn't mention a length of bicycle inner-tube full of grease on the end of a broom stick. :\

spencer17
19th Sep 2011, 18:37
I'm glad I didn't mention a length of bicycle inner-tube full of grease on the end of a broom stick. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wibble.gifBut that works.:ok: on the ground. At 120kts it might be something different.:E

chriswhi
19th Sep 2011, 20:23
Is it April 1st ?

FSXPilot
20th Sep 2011, 17:41
Advise you hire an engineer that knows what they are doing. Stick and masking tape with different coloured crayons has been used to track many two bladed helicopters on the ground. Done the same with a Jet Ranger about 20 years ago.