PDA

View Full Version : Loss of licence

Hubster
18th Sep 2011, 10:58
As my title says I have lost my medical license so I cant fly anymore.
Since Im not close to my retirement age I thought I was going to hear with you guys if you know someone who have also lost their license and what job they took after? Are there any "ordinary jobs" where I can use my pilot education or personality of a pilot?
Looking forward for some good tips :-)

best regards Thomas

OvertHawk
18th Sep 2011, 11:11
Sorry to hear that.

The things that immediately spring to mind are:

Ground instructor or Simulator instructor? A training background would help obviously, but i know of several very good ground and simulator instructors who did not have a training background before taking these jobs on - it depends on the training provider.

Work for the local aviation authority?

Good luck
OH

Thomas coupling
18th Sep 2011, 11:27
Has your licence been revoked or suspended? On what grounds did you lose your licence?

hands_on123
18th Sep 2011, 12:35
I think in JAA land you need a class one medical to be a sim instructor. Sounds daft but it wouldnt surprise me.

cpt
18th Sep 2011, 12:52
Are you sure it's irrevocable ? In many cases an aptitude under derogation is possible....If not, as said in above posts, becoming a sim or ground courses instructor is a good way to use your pilot's skills....I myself had to face this problem and was very lucky to get such an opportunity before recovering my class1 after 1,5 years out of "real" flying. A medical aptitude was not required by the JAR's for IOS nor SFI. The Sim businness seems to be expanding a lot,and while not beeing the real stuff it's a very rewarding job. If not possible I would look towards an ops officer/dispatcher job or something related to aviation/helicopters (HLO on offshore rigs, advisor, sale agent...) and to keep flying; is there any medical aptitude required to fly a microlight in your country?....Don't give up anyway, and first of all, make sure with your licensing authority that a medical dispensation is not conceivable.
Good luck !

Semi Rigid
19th Sep 2011, 08:23
Bone up on ALL the rules - do your Auditors cert & become an independant auditor - huge money.

tony 1969
20th Sep 2011, 07:28
check your PM's