PDA

View Full Version : A question re AA advantage points on BA flights

EI787fan
17th Sep 2011, 19:22
Hi guys can I ask someone that may be able to explain the following to me
We are booked on AA to MCO in November routing ORK/LHR/MIA/MCO on the way out, all AA flights except ORK/LHR so know the way it operates re luggage and the allowance for gold AA members, but the flights have been changed by AA on the way back now routing MCO/LGW/ORK , 3 carriers AA/BA/EI
my question is, I can reserve seats on AA, normally no problem but now when I tried to do the same for the BA flight it will not let me,computer at BA says code error,seats allocated at check in, also will we get the same bag allowance on BA of 2 free bags? Rang BA customer service and was told ask AA. Rang AA customer service and told ask BA.As we have to check in at the BA counter at MCO for the return flight,we would like to know where we stand.All help appreciated. (we both have about 150k AA miles at present) Thanks in advance for the help.

TrakBall
19th Sep 2011, 02:42
Why don't you call the AAdvantage Gold Service Desk number for the UK on the back of your card and ask them to confirm the policy. If necessary, they can send you an email with the policy and put a note in your PNR to that effect.

The equivalent Oneworld status is Ruby and I don't know the policies off hand for BA or EI, but armed with an email and PRN notation, you should be able to resolve any problems.

intortola
19th Sep 2011, 15:32
Have similar problems, I am also AA Gold and have flights booked with BA, you can prereserve once you reach platinum with AA on BA flights apparently.Passing through LHR a few weeks ago i asked at the BA service desk and the lady there did give me seats on future BA flights that i had booked through AA.COM after doing the transatlantic with AA

EI787fan
4th Oct 2011, 16:02
Hi guys, the e-mail arrived this afternoon from AA customer service and stated that all AA Advantage "extras" will carry forward on any BA fllights
Regarding seat allocation, still not available due to "computer system intergration problems" but will be sorted out quiet soon
Time will tell but I will won't hold my breath,thanks to those who answered
my question, it is appreciated.

PAXboy
4th Oct 2011, 22:33
EI787fan Print the email and take several copies with you!!! ;)

ZFT
4th Oct 2011, 23:48
Threads like this make me appreciate just how good Star Alliance is. Never experience issue across the various carriers, in fact just the opposite. Had tremendous service from United/Continental ground staff last month.

jackieofalltrades
5th Oct 2011, 01:14
To be fair, despite other problems I've had with the airlines, KLM and Delta in Sky Team have been very good in honouring my Gold status benefits. Am not a fan at all of the OneWorld alliance airlines.

EI787fan
6th Oct 2011, 10:01
Excellent point PAXboy, there speaks experience, I have just done so and have put in the folder,what are the bets that "sorry sir we know nothing about this,take it up with customer service, next please"
Maybe I am wrong it may all go well, I will post after I return
again thanks for all the help in this matter

PAXboy
6th Oct 2011, 16:58
Thanks EI787fan, I'm not sure if that's 'experience' or 'bitter experience' :ugh: Do come back and tell us how you got one.

EI787fan
20th Oct 2011, 20:50
Got another email from AA today,and guess what.......
AA Gold members will now be able to reserve seats on all
BA flights from 16th November 2011, slight sting in the tail is
that you can only do it 7 days before your flight, not when you
book the flights.It is a step in the right direction so let's give them some
credit for this.AA also confirmed the other AA Gold benefits are in place
Will update and let you know if it works in practice.

EI787fan
5th Dec 2011, 16:42
Hi All,
returned to Cork last Wednesday affer my flight from MCO with BA
NEVER AGAIN will use BA,they were not intrested in anything to do with
AA Advantage and normal perks

01. only 1 bag per customer with AA GOLD 2 bags
02. NO PRIORITY BOARDING, wait in line until your called by row
03. Used the Business class check in as per AA, don't do it again
04. yes pre booked seats, no sorry they were already give to BA Ruby
card holders, try at the gate,

BA staff were really not intrested even if it was on a AA flight number, had the bookinkg PNR etc.and the e-mail from AA customer services

after various calls to AA customer service by BA I was told by BA staff
$60 per extra bag or leave them in MCO.
intergration of FF systems , that's a joke !

could have had something to do with the day that it was
AA had announced chapter 11 that morning,

in future it's AA all the way !!