PDA

View Full Version : why guys whyyy(FR)?

Scandinavian123
16th Sep 2011, 15:29
While browsing through the net a couple of weeks ago, primarily on facebook I came across a few chaps(mainly FR guys) sitting in their 737NG's. I thought for myself"well good for them, they have made it to the RHS, I'm happy for these guys" TILL I noticed the 2 stripes on their epaulettes. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these chaps the ones that are on lousy contracts through Brookfield or CAE and get paid in peanuts?(not to mention that they pay for their so called "line training". Sure it might lead you to a F/O position within the airline, but it's a huge economical commitment. So why do they do it?
I wish all these guys good luck and I hope they will all get hired sooner or later.//

Scandinavian123
16th Sep 2011, 15:33
Sorry for my English, I wrote it hasty and didn't check the spelling, because I was on my way out

Bealzebub
16th Sep 2011, 15:44
As English clearly isn't your first language, you don't have to apologize for it. However it isn't clear what point you are making. The pilots are either employed or self employed through a contract agency. To that end they are all being paid. If you want to argue about the terms and conditions there are no end of threads dealing with those subjects. Beyond that, I am confused as to what relevance the number of stripes on their epaulettes, etc, has to do with whatever point you are trying to make?

Scandinavian123
16th Sep 2011, 15:51
My question is, the guys with the 2 stripes are they SFO's and do FR employ SFO's or are they all from contractors?

Bealzebub
16th Sep 2011, 16:02
I am sure somebody working for Ryanair can give you a more qualified answer, however "SFO" is a senior first officer. The definition of that may vary in the specifics from company to company, however two stripes usually denotes a first officer, and three stripes denotes a first officer with significant levels of experience within either that role, or within that company and that role.

Scandinavian123
16th Sep 2011, 16:52
Thanks! Much appreciated! :)