PDA

View Full Version : EZ Grip

toolboxstickers
15th Sep 2011, 19:51
One of my coworkers has a bottle of EZ Grip friction drops, and I was trying to get one. It's imported by Kemfast Aerospace, but their reply to my email asking the price was "Minimum order value £200, p&p and certification £20".
I've tried various tool suppliers, no one else seems to stock it. Does anyone know where I might get a bottle? Thanks.

Fargoo
15th Sep 2011, 20:43
I use the stuff at work - it's one of those products that really does work.

There's a supplier on eBay but it'll sting you £20 or so by the time it's delivered. One bottle should last you ages though.

Try eBay item no - 180722465826

Did Kemfast tell you how much you get for your £200?

Granite City Flyer
15th Sep 2011, 20:44
LAS - Screw-Grab (http://www.lasaero.com/site/products/article?id=U04GJ491X) does the same

Alber Ratman
15th Sep 2011, 21:19
The last two companies I worked at had EZ Grip.. My present one does not.. Surprised!! I got looked at blankly when I asked. Asking a connie if he had some EZ Grip, he looked blankly at me until I mentioned Screw Grab.. then he gave me his bottle of ... EZGrip!:ugh::ugh:

gonzobluefuzz
15th Sep 2011, 22:25
I purchased a small jar of valve grinding (lapping) compound about 15 years ago for four or five dollars, I`m still on the same one, just make sure you buy the course instead of the super fine finishing stuff. I`ve also seen guys in a real pinch mix grease and sand or swarf from the machine/ sheet metal shop. But that was pure desperation.

Cheerz
G

HP115
16th Sep 2011, 10:44
How long is the course,and is there an exam at the end?

Golden Rivet
16th Sep 2011, 12:21
I dont rate EZ grip that highly...

I just use the small pot of coarse grinding paste from halfords

Halfords | Halfords Valve Grinding Stick (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_200025_langI d_-1_categoryId_165469)

You can even try and use you trade card for further discount.

Alber Ratman
16th Sep 2011, 13:36
Is your Halfords Valve Grinding Paste approved for use on aircraft???:E

Screw Grab should be your first resort before drilling/easy out/imapct breaker, especially if the panel underneath is composite, unless the recess is totally chewed up. Shouldn't use a impact breaker/rattler/T Bar snap on those bar last resort. Sorry, second after you pick out the paint/rubbish from of the screw first.. I hate the people who drill off the head and leave the stud in the nut!:mad:

holtintl
16th Sep 2011, 16:33
We are the manufacturers of EZ Grip Friction Drops, Aircraft Grade and are located in the U.S. I stumbled on this thread by accident and wanted to be of help. In the FAQ section of our web page at www.ezgrip.net (http://www.ezgrip.net) you will see that just having gritty stuff (crud in some juice or paste) is not going to work well. Friction Drops are really a tool more than a chemical. The hardened micrscopic blocks that do the work need to get into place within differential surfaces quickly and temporarily lock together when pressure is applied. Particles too brittle will only crack and not hardened blocks will only round with pressure and create more trouble. Friction Drops have no silicone in their carrier so as not to interfere with priming/painting operations later (view "ASTM Test results" on our page). Stuff used on aircraft should be approved for aircraft. Unfortuantely our international distributors have to land the product and mark it up to make profit. We will sell and ship to Europe but the cheapest way is via US Postal who charge from 9 to 10 dollars to get it there.