PDA

View Full Version : Difference between -800 and BBJ-2

Fraviator
11th Sep 2011, 23:33
Hi there everyone,

Does anyone have an information about differences between 737-800 and the BBJ-2.

Thank you very much.
LY

blablabla
11th Sep 2011, 23:52
One has alot of seats and the other one not many seats and maybe a bedroom where the seats on the 800 would be. I think that will answer your specific question perfectly.

Capt Chambo
12th Sep 2011, 04:56
Does anyone have an information about differences between 737-800 and the BBJ-2.

More options fitted as standard (and probably charged for!). Engines are 27K, HUD comes as standard fit, 10,000' environmental envelope, and certification to operate with a 15kt tailwind. BBJ-2's also come with the "hard wing" which may not have ben the case with early -800's. The FMC had more options than the -800's I fly now. An ISFD was also a standard fit, that could be used for basic track navigation, a bit like the ANCDU option on the Classics.

There may be more but can't think of them at the moment.

STBYRUD
12th Sep 2011, 08:28
I guess the most important difference is that all BBJs (to my knowledge at least) have auxiliary tanks that feed into the center tank without any pumps, just with differential pressure. In case of the BBJ2 the thing usually only has one emergency escape a side because of the small number of passengers carried.