PDA

View Full Version : Bodily fluids on the board!

+SHRA
11th Sep 2011, 17:48
So the upgrade beckons :yuk: and the stationary catalogue only contains the very worst of Whiteboard pens!

Calling all you CFS Zen masters, recommend a type of marker to ensure that Vector diagrams wow the audience and circuits are neater than ever before!

Thanks +SHRA

nice castle
11th Sep 2011, 18:34
Sorry mate, they only taught me the perfect way to use chalk (Shawbs). Having graduated, I had to learn to use whiteboard pens, with very limited success (slipping rulers creating nasty breaks in my lines!)

I soon had a word with myself, ditched that altogether, and if something was worth a drawing, I would use a bit of plain paper on a desk, neater, and less 'me instructor - you student' feel to imparting knowledge.

For God's sake don't employ such original thought to an upgrade though chum...:rolleyes:

Good luck, and enjoy the extra pay:\

BEagle
11th Sep 2011, 19:01
WHSmith Whiteboard Markers. Pack of 4 (Red, Blue, Green, Black) for £4.99 from a well-known High St. retailer!

Almost as good as the CFS jobs, but don't make you quite so high in a briefing cubicle....:bored:

Best thing for cleaning the board afterwards was one of those magic cloths which in-flight used to supply. Bung them in the washing machine now and again and yet they last for ever!

Bill Macgillivray
11th Sep 2011, 21:04
Can't help much in this modern age, used to be chinagraphs on "back-lit" perspex in my day!! However, as "nice castle" suggests, I have always used pencil and paper in the civil flying instructing world, at least up to the IR point. Seemed to work quite well!:)