PDA

View Full Version : Professional Flight Training Dubai/UAE

SuperJet
11th Sep 2011, 13:38
Greetz to all,

I am now in Dubai, and have been here all of 14 days. Before coming here from JAA/JAR land, I have been trying, without success to ascertain what continuing training is available here.

Now, to save time here, and before anyone stamps the stock reply on this thread of "There is a lot of information on this topic elsewhere in PPRUNE, go look", I know there is.

None of the current information appears a) relevent, b) up to date or c) detailed/accurate enough. A massive question is the attaining of JAA qualifications out here. There has been plenty of talk (back in 2008!!!) of training facilities here aiming at JAA approval. As happens with 80% of "plans" in the Middle East concerning advancement or change, it never transpires.

I am aware of a few places out here, but, before we even get to the point where we could be discussing the in's and out's of GCAA training and converting at a later date, none of the schools here seem capable of picking up the phone!

So, bottom line is, does anyone know of a decent training outfit in Dubai/UAE which a) is approachable and professional, b) will answer a phone!, c) is conducting FAA/JAA training (high hopes there, but unlikely), and on top of that, can anyone offer some experiences of attending any of these schools. There aren't many.

I am aware of : Horizon Academy, Emirates Flight Services, Fujeirah Flight School... I think thats it... none of them particularly responsive...

All help much appreciated....

Thanks!

SJ