PDA

View Full Version : Ground schools for exams in UK

CPL
10th Sep 2011, 15:57
hi everyone, i'm looking to do my exams sometime soon in the UK, does anyone recommend any full time classroom based schools? not to bothered about how cheap it is, just want a high pass rate in my exams so i have a good cv as i am doing it modular and no second attempts

olliew5
12th Sep 2011, 00:07
GTS. i think they are based in bournemouth. Roger Henshaw runs it with a great team of experienced instructors

FI-Mark
12th Sep 2011, 08:24
Hi, are you talking CPL or PPL? If your talking PPL I would recommend Derek Davidson down at Bournemouth alongside the website pplcruiser (I have seen this site advertised on Pprune). They will both get you through your exams quickly :ok:

Regards.

CPL
12th Sep 2011, 18:17
yeah i have my ppl and class1, just just looking too do the 14 JAA exams for the CPL, does Bournemouth have a good pass rate? or has anybody been there who could give an opinion.

Was going to go FTE in jerez and do a integrated course but choose the modular route so i dont get in debt, and i can do all my work flying in the uk so it looks better on my cv

Pom pom
12th Sep 2011, 18:32
I also thoroughly recommend GTS at Bournemouth. Did my CPL theory there - passed all subjects first time with marks between 90 and 100% (and I'm an old-timer long since out of formal education). Instructors are all extremely knowledgable and give excellent lectures and back-up. Standards are high (as one would expect from ex-RAF), so the process is demanding, but it is also great fun and very rewarding. Overall a top-notch outfit.

CPL
12th Sep 2011, 18:55
Isn't GTS a distance ground school training? im looking for a full classroom based course as id really find it hard to revise at home with having 10 brothers and sisters all younger than me :ugh:

PPRuNeUser0173
14th Sep 2011, 10:37
Try BCFT also at EGHH. Good things said about both ground and flight training.

CPL
14th Sep 2011, 11:12
visting bcft on the 22nd of this month to see how it works there and if it all goes well, il be sitting the october course, just need too find close accommodation near there now. cheapest ive found is £100 a week

base-8
26th Sep 2011, 00:22
just finished full time at cabair in bournemouth and would recommend them for ATPL to anyone.

CPL
26th Sep 2011, 12:53
what accommodation would you recommend for cabir? and was your pass rate good ? :)

smirnov1985
29th Sep 2011, 14:36
Hey mate. so have you been in Bournemouth at BCFT?

Chael
4th Oct 2011, 12:29
Full-time ATPL (http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/lmbs/subjects/aviation/residential-atpl.cfm)

Have heard good things from friends, no personal experience.

mattpat
5th Oct 2011, 10:27
If you live in the North, Air Service Training at Scone Aerodrome, Perth offer a full structured modular course or a full time ground school.

Gomrath
5th Oct 2011, 17:12
Looks like CPL has himself sorted out - so closing this thread.