PDA

View Full Version : jaa csel and me/ir

flyingwithlife
8th Sep 2011, 16:45
hello everyone!
Probably the question i am asking has been asked no of times and been answered but i could not find anything satisfactory, so i request all the people who have been there to answer my queries...
I am pursuing a jaa license. I have done my atpl exams and aced them. Currently i am doing faa ir. I plan to do JAA Single commercial after that here in states..
My question is that when i g to europe to convert my faa SE/IR to Jaa ME/IR, will i be eligible to fly a multi engine commercial plane as well. I mean how will it reflect on my resume. As i was thinking is that commercial is a license and multi is a rating..so after getting my commercial on single engine, i can get a multi add on with my ir conversion itself..Please help me out as nobody seems to give me a definitive answer..

BigGrecian
8th Sep 2011, 17:05
You need to do the multi engine piston rating as well.

The commercial is under Section D of JAR FCL 1.

The Multi engine is a rating in section F and the instrument rating is in Section E.

3 seperate tests and courses.

flyingwithlife
8th Sep 2011, 17:13
Ok so i just need a advice for the better thing to do.. should i do jaa multi cpl in us and then go to europe for me-ir conversion or do a jaa single cpl in us and do multi ir conversion in europe:confused:

VJW
8th Sep 2011, 17:25
You'd have to compare the difference in price between:

a) JAR CPL/ME (28 hr course CPL course which I believe is 20 hrs SEP and 8 hrs on a MEP)
b) JAR CPL/SE + MEP course (25 hrs SEP commercial course + 6 hrs MEP rating (31 hrs in total))

Of course bear in mind, if you need extra training on the CPL course, additional MEP hours are twice as much as SEP.....

Completely up to you, but in both cases you'll end up with a JAR CPL and MEP rating. If you do the CPL on the SEP you'll also have a single engine on the JAR licence. You won't get the SEP on the JAR CPL if you do the course on the MEP. It'll only have MEP.

VJW

flyingwithlife
8th Sep 2011, 18:19
Errr!! i am still a bit confused as i came to know that after getting my jaa csel when i will do me-ir conversion in europe..multi rating will automatically be added to my commercial license..but i guess i will have to do multi cpl also here in states

flyingwithlife
9th Sep 2011, 15:02
thank you all of you..
I couldnt make my point clear probably
I am doin a jaa license but to save money i started in states as i can take faa ppl, faa ir and jaa commercial here. After that i just need to do jaa ir conversion in european airspace. Now what i am planning to do is take just a single commercial here in states and afterwards in europe do an IR conversion in multi. In that way according to my understanding , I ll have multi rating for IR and Commercial will be added to my license.
Now i just need clarification if what i am doing is right or i need to give a seperate skills test for multi commercial add on

zondaracer
9th Sep 2011, 21:52
If you convert to a JAA CPL-SE and then you do your 15hr conversion on a multi-IR, you will also have to complete a multi-engine rating flight test. If you do it at Aerodynamics Malaga, you will do a six hour course on a multiengine plane plus a couple hours on a sim followed by the flight test which is pretty basic. This is in addition to the Multi-IR conversion course and assuming that you don't have a FAA Multi-CPL. It is not a full CPL checkride like you would have to do for the FAA. In the UK, it seems more common that you will do the Multi-IR checkride followed by the Multi rating skills test. But to answer your question, you WILL have to do a Multi rating skills test, because a Multi-IR skills test does not give you the multi engine rating, only the Multi-IR rating.

If you do your initial CPL skills test in a multiengine, you will not have single engine privileges unless you also do a single engine rating skills test (this is assuming that you don't have a JAA PPL)