PDA

View Full Version : UAV operator

TSRABECOMING
8th Sep 2011, 12:02
I 'd like to know are there any UAV operators in VIC? and Do they need any special AOC to operate there UAV?

ReverseFlight
8th Sep 2011, 15:44
The military operates them in the lower half of Port Philip Bay (see MEL VTC) and notifies via notams. I always skirt the edge or upper limits of the zone but wonder when I might bump into a rogue drone one day. :(

mickjoebill
9th Sep 2011, 00:11
Definition of UAV?
Quadcopter a UAV?

Mickjoebill

aroa
9th Sep 2011, 08:14
Just get into the CASA site and go to UAS. System not Vehicle. Yes, they have to have a different moniker, unique "australian" conditions apparently.
Its a 'system" not an airbourne vehicle, stupid.
The safety fundamentalists from this "world leading"(sic) organisation have all the bells and bs attached to make life difficult for any 'start up" operation.

Part 101. Operating certificate may cost $5 K ++ for starters with yr "business plan" Which plan means JS anyway. ( Prior knowledge there) Are these clowns business consultants..?? Or what?

And the requirements are discriminatory because if you have hapened to be an ex RAAF or ASA air traffic controller, you dont have to do the IREX exam..!
And if you've actually been a pilot, well wtf would you know.!! Is this a job for our mates mechanism??
If its a line of site op..... you can claim an exemption.! = bad reg in the 1st place.!!

And that hoary old chestnut re Reg 206, "the buggers muddle" (Toller) rears its (illegal ?) head again, because they have included " hire or reward"

Whoa... back to the '70s! When will this brain dead organisation get it into its FN head.. it is a "safety" (sic) regulator NOT a commercial regulator.
But lets not let the law get in the way of bleeding control freaks.!
An OC = work permit = control mechanism. Got that, you convict.!
Never mind...its all world first stuff anyway, so they say.!
Hava read...!!