PDA

View Full Version : C210 training manual (amazon)

SpyderPig
7th Sep 2011, 03:20
Getting ready to finish off the CPL training and make the push out west. Has anyone used the C210 training manual off amazon.com before heading up? Only thing I can find searching is a few years old and if there is something newer/ better I'd like to know! Or, if anyone has a POH........:)

rioncentu
7th Sep 2011, 03:55
http://www.handelaviation.com.au/booklet_zio.pdf

Some info there for you. Treat some with caution.

210 models differ in their specs and limitations etc.

Jay Bo
7th Sep 2011, 04:19
They have the a couple of the cessna series books
Red Sky Ventures | Aviation Training | Namibia - Southern Africa (http://www.redskyventures.org/)

I have the 210 and 206.

SpyderPig
7th Sep 2011, 05:33
Yeah those are the books I'm talking about by Danielle Brukert and Oleg Roud. The 210 training manual is also listed on amazon. You were happy with them I'm assuming?

Jay Bo
7th Sep 2011, 06:42
I havent seen a proper POH for the 210 or 206 all though i do have a POH for the 182 and it has all the same types of information in POH but in a handy book format.
Has some B&W pics of various parts of the aircraft with schematics for fuel and electric systems.
Common encounters with the 210 you may experience and why this may be happening eg. from the book on "excessive fuel vapour"
"It should be noted that the predominant cause of fuel vapour related engine surges or stoppages in pre 1996 models, is from the fuel vaporisation in the reservoir tank from the engine driven fuel pump return line. In this case selecting an alternate tank is critical in resuming normal fuel flow, as selecting only the auxiliary fuel pump may make the problem worse by increasing the flow to the engine driven pump, and so increasing the fuel return to the respective reservoir, which is most likely the cause of the vapours."

I have no experience with the 200 series cessnas and like yourself brought these to read before heading up north at least to have some sought of familiarity with these aircraft